Just how many secret credit agencies are there?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy to call someone names just because you don't like being challenged isn't it. As I said previously, if you've got something to tell then do so and stop talking in riddles.

Im with you brother Vive La Revolution .joking apart there is no doubt they do try to feed misinformation and disrupt the forum . but they cant help giving themselves away lol

I think he's bring paid to strike fear into the average forum user, often already worried about debt. He's doing this to generate revenue through SAR's.

I'm starting to worry myself!

• 1 year later...

My address

XX May 2009

Carole Howell

Synectics Solutions Ltd.

Synectics House,

The Brampton,

Newcastle Under Lyme,

Staffordshire.

ST5 0QY

Dear Ms Howell

I acknowledge receipt of your letter dated XX May 2009.

I have already supplied you with my name, address, date of birth, and previous addresses over the last six years. This was all included in my letter dated XX May 2009, of which I now enclose a second copy.

You also confirm in your letter that you have retained my cheque for the statutory fee of £10.

Furthermore, and because I am prepared to be extremely reasonable with my request, I also enclosed with my first letter a photocopy of my driving licence with personal information such as my photograph and signature blacked out. I am sure you will agree that I could not have sent you such a document if I was not the person that I am claiming to be. You will also notice that the same address features on this driving licence.

The Data Protection Act 1998 Section 7 (3) states that:

“A data controller is not obliged to comply with a request under this section unless he is supplied with such information as he may reasonably require in order to satisfy himself as to the identity of the person making the request and to locate the information which that person seeks.”

Nowhere in the Data Protection Act does it state that I am required to provide you with a signature, photo ID and utility bill, and it is my view that you are making excessive and unreasonable demands.

The address to which I am asking you to send this information has been my permanent address for several years, a fact which I am sure will be clear from the data you already hold about me. It is the address which my bank and mortgage provider use for all correspondence, and it is also the address to which Experian, Equifax and Call Credit were all willing to send copies of my Credit Files without seeing all the documentation that you have asked for.

I am already extremely concerned that a company with such a low public profile as Synectic Solutions Limited may have acquired significant amounts of sensitive information about me without my knowledge. I have no intention of sending you even more such data when it is completely unnecessary and not required by any law.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that I am legally entitled, under the Data Protection Act 1998, to see a copy of ALL information that you hold about me. If you continue to refuse this reasonable request, I will make a complaint to the Information Commissioner and will also consider applying to my local County Court for an Order against you. If I am forced to take this course of action I will seek to recover all legal and other costs from Synectic Solutions Limited.

I look forward to receiving the information that I have asked for within 40 days of my original request, which I made on XX May 2009.

Yours sincerely

Militant Consumer

Has there been any response from this company? Also having accepted your ID for Driving License, Did they comply or what did you send as address verification? a origional bill omitting details?

Would be interested to know what happened

This ones gone very quiet after all the back chat

and accusations of trolling:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

It looks as if N Hunter exist for fraud checking purposes and are not a secret CRA then? If, as they state in their response to the SAR, they only hold data on credit applications made and not individuals' credit histories etc, it would make sense for banks to use them as part of their data protection checks. So maybe not as sinister as it would at first appear. Certainly these companies using data have the potential to be put to sinister uses though and clearly there is the sense that such organisations are being kept deliberately low profile. One has to ask why.

This was a good thread and it is a shame it was spoilt.

• Confused 1

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

It looks as if N Hunter exist for fraud checking purposes and are not a secret CRA then? If, as they state in their response to the SAR, they only hold data on credit applications made and not individuals' credit histories etc, it would make sense for banks to use them as part of their data protection checks. So maybe not as sinister as it would at first appear. Certainly these companies using data have the potential to be put to sinister uses though and clearly there is the sense that such organisations are being kept deliberately low profile. One has to ask why.

This was a good thread and it is a shame it was spoilt.

I do not think N Hunter stores any credit information, only if you have applied for a loan or mortgage, they keep some data, but not information to payment history.... which you have got to ask, why even have them then? They process 100,000 applications per day or week? So I am assuming that any mortgage or loan application is processed at some point through them and if any information differs to what they might have, then it is flagged? Who knows..... I'd imagine, the only reason you are on n hunter is because you are a fraudster??

I do not think N Hunter stores any credit information, only if you have applied for a loan or mortgage, they keep some data, but not information to payment history.... which you have got to ask, why even have them then? They process 100,000 applications per day or week? So I am assuming that any mortgage or loan application is processed at some point through them and if any information differs to what they might have, then it is flagged? Who knows..... I'd imagine, the only reason you are on n hunter is because you are a fraudster??

Yes that seems to be the purpose of the organisation, as a data protection filter for the banks. I think somewhere said earlier that Hunter was a software programme, so it has a specific purpose.

Still,this has been a useful thread in identifying this aspect of data usage. Highlights the need imo for greater regulation of data usage, if only to clarify what is going on and who is involved.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

• 4 weeks later...

The assumption is correct, the fraudulent

applications for mortgages and high value

loans are subject to a much higher level

of checks.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 1 month later...
N Hunter's website (Problems gaining credit) says:

However, Section 7 of the Data Protection Act only says:

I am already concerned about these companies holding too much information about me, and I have no intention of sending them even more information myself.

If they already know everything about me, I fail to see why they need all this - I particularly don't understand why they need to see a document with my photo on it.

Let's see who wins the argument about what they "reasonably require".

Well, a bank wanted to satisfy themselves of my ID and signature BUT when I presented my passport at the branch and then signed in their presence, they claimed they were not satisfied with my signature. They did not release documents to me regardless of how many credit cards and other iD's I showed them!!! how about that ?

she!

Equifax, Experian and Call Credit.

The confusing thing is though the fact

that there are many many web sites

basically selling on the services of the

main agencies, most other agencies

can really be ignored.

Well, a bank wanted to satisfy themselves of my ID and signature BUT when I presented my passport at the branch and then signed in their presence, they claimed they were not satisfied with my signature. They did not release documents to me regardless of how many credit cards and other iD's I showed them!!! how about that ?

That should have been a complaint to the Information Commissioner :)

Was this your regular branch ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D