Help. Not enough time. Council Tax. Jacobs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thats not old

Ive got to say the pub was a bad idea my hubby has wanted me to get a pub for the last 10 yrs i said no way not like it used to be

spent most of my working life in the pub trade barmaid manageress never had a lease on a pub though didn't want the hassle

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jerry

Try not to dwell too much on what the bailiff says they will, or won't do, they are only allowed to do certain things.

Make sure you keep all of your doors and windows locked, do not allow them onto your premises under any circumstances.

Bailiffs are normally allowed a finite length of time to collect a council tax debt, normally three or six months, after this the debt is returned to the council. Don;t believe the council, they can take the debt back at any time, but prefer to let the process run its course for convenience sake.

If you can go down to the Council offices and pay over the counter , then do so, don't pay the bailiffs because they will simply pay their charges first and then take a bit off your bill, but will keep visitting your home on some pretence or other and increasing your debt.

Well, after texting the Bailiff that I would not allow him entry he did not turn up.

I have posted a recorded letter to Bolton council telling them I wont deal with Jacob's, request they take the case back from Jacob's, and have offered them £40 a month till the debt is cleared.

When will these idiots learn that fining the poor for not being able to pay is one of the cruellest things they can do.

In some country's you only get a flogging.

Thank you my wican poker playing angel.

If it wasn't for you...

a few questions for you i know that you don't know how much you have paid Jacobs but from what i can gather

Jacobs have never done a levy on anything (been in your home) have you a car that they might have levied on

have you ever had a walking possession order

your council tax debt was £690 some of which you have paid

you now owe £792

which means Jacobs charges are £102 plus what you have already paid

Bolton Council have just rung me, told me they have taken the case from Jacob's and accept my offer of £40 a month.

What am I missing. Life is not that simple.