What Made You Smile Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Fluffy Bunny,

A rowdy drunken party on the first night from 2 am onwards until about 6 am that the night security failed to deal with and on the second night a "domestic" with rwo couples involved on our corridor outside our door which started about 3 am and continued till 4.20am and then on until about 6am plus another incident in the reception area to which the police had to be called. The night security calmed the domestic down a bit but they offerd to refund all our money for the dreadful weekend we had there.

I take that as a minor victory for the consumer, i.e. US plus a very stiff letter (on cardboard) has gone to the main board of directors of the parent company. We await developments on that front.

regards

oilyrag.:)

Hi FB,

As I understand it in simple terms the guarantee applies if you have had a disturbed night and missed some sleep. I suppose a bad bed could be construed that way, but rowdiness by other guests is certainly grounds for a claim, although to be absolutely fair to them, they volunteered the refund. Which of course we did not refuse.

regards

oilyrag.:)

Hmmm i wonder why. Probably wants something . .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

The suns out and it's a beautiful day.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

MY friend accidentally texted my home phone instead of my mobile earlier. It is so funny hearing a computer voice saying 'bugger' :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

I had that from my dad. He was getting the hang of a new phone.........a silver surfer not afraid of technology. Only problem was it was a female voice saying "Hello Darling, it's dad"!!!!!!:lol:

Got Debt problems?

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Hearing that another CAGger got all his money (thousands) back from Barclaycard after they nicked it from his account as an attempted offset.

FOS may be hopeless on a number of matters but they are absolutely brilliant at getting money back from Barclaycard when they try this on. :D

Just got off the phone with the HMRC and found out my tax code is wrong. I will be £115 better off each month. . :D

I advise anyone with a pension to also check your coding as it maybe wrong. See here:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/money/tax/article7019227.ece

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Got sent this in an email today. Hooters calendar 2010. I think someone we all know is on here...:p

hooters.jpg

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

I didn't send it honest Mungy!!

Love the calendar though!:lol:

My birthday is August but not sure who is in the shot with me!!!! Maybe the OH!

Got Debt problems?

I went with my Father today to pick up his new car. When we got there he paid the balance by card. Unfortunately for him, he had to go through security with the bank before they would authorise the payment. Now, my Mum has always dealt with the family's finances, but all Dad had to to do was tell the bank his mothers maiden name. First he told them MY Mum's maiden name before they got married. Then he told them my Gran's maiden name (ie my Mum's mum). After going through a variety of old family names he eventually got it right.

The second thing that made me smile was that we had to stop for diesel before we could go home. The car my Dad had bought is an automatic. He filled it up with diesel and then got back into the car to start it up again. The silly billy had left it in drive and of course it wouldn't start. I was in hysterics as I knew exactly what he had done. He just thought 'Oh great, I've bought a new car and it has broken down already!'. I jumped out of my car, and quickly put his car into park. Hey presto the car started again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

LOL jo sound like u had fun.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Getting a bill from Virgin Media sorted out very amicably, the snow falling exactly as predicted by me (spot on going home time), and finding out two bits of my needlework will appear in books!

A couple of glasses of sherry to celebrate helps (Croft Old Peculiar).