What Made You Smile Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go 'termi.............can't wait to see the pictures!! :D

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Why what's happening?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Knock 'em dead Termi!! :-D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Watching my parents celebrate their 60th Wedding Anniversary yesturday and enjoying the party we held for family and friends. They are a true inspiration.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

just finished ironing some clothes for my youngest sons first holiday away from me he's a strapping 18 year old and 6 foot 3 tall but its great to know I have done a good job on bringing my boys up mostly on my own since my wife died over 12 years ago 'she died 7 days after his 6th birthday' and although I will be worried sick I still feel really happy and also that the PH in our blow up swim pool has now brought the semi pea soup water back to crystal clear again with the heavy duty shock treatment yesterday so we can hope for an indian summer now :whoo:

Genders...........A SPANISH Teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish, unlike English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine.

'House' for instance, is feminine: 'la casa.'

'Pencil,' however, is masculine: 'el lapiz.'

A student asked, 'What gender is 'computer'?'

Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether computer' should be a masculine or a feminine noun. Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation.

The men's group decided that 'computer' should definitely be of the feminine gender ('la computadora'), because:

1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic;

2 The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else;

3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval; and

4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.

(THIS GETS BETTER!)

The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be Masculine ('el computador'), because:

1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on;

2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves;

3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem; and

4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.

The women won.

Nice one Termi and so true! :lol:

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Booked a holiday. Cant wait.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Can I come?

Bother - forgot it was on! :-(

MMMMWWWAAAAHHHHH!!!! :rofl:

Yep. Watching it. :-)

I liked Piers Morgan until I went to see him interview Rod Stewart. In person he comes across soooooo conceited it really was nauseating. Rod on the other hand ...... oh boy ......................:smile:

That was what I thought - but it isn't. He really is that full of himself and it's not nice.

You have to be strong in this cut throat world, believe in yourself. If we don't push ourselves we won't achieve. To me he opitimises the will to get an answer. We have seen his interviews where he manages to get people to open up. That's a special skill. I feel his heart is in the right place. It may not seem like it:madgrin:

Can I come?

I dont know. Can you?

:lol::?::lol:

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

I dont know. Can you?

:lol::?::lol:

Well it depends really ......... :roll:

I've got a few days annual leave left to take .................. :wink::p