What Made You Smile Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Me, this morning, trying to catch a pigeon that had flown through the open patio doors into the living room!!!!!

Panic or what!

I had visions of it flying upstairs!!!

I managed to catch it and chucked it back outside. 8)

Not sure who was more scared............me or the pigeon!! :lol:

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Coming back from Paris after having entrusted the house to my 18 year old son for 4 days, and it was all cleaned up!!! :-)

Check under the cushions Bookie.:-(:-D

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

As you know I moved house last week to a completely different part of the country. Not only do I have a new house but I have just got myself a new job as well. I start tomorrow:whoo:

My son who has been unemployed for over 6 months has also got a job. He started a few days ago. Perhaps we should of moved house sooner for our new start

Brilliant, Wino!!!

Which part of the country are you in now, is it ok to ask or are you on the Witness Relocation Programme? :razz:

We are in the Black Country now, West Midlands :-)

It is lovely down here and we have nice neighbours.

Told our son not to tell his friends where he is living to give himself chance to sort himself out and get his life back on track as he has had some problems but no, what do I know? There is a load of his mates coming down next weekend to visit him:(

Waking up and remembering it is my first day at work today in my new job:whoo:

I have been out of work for two years so can't wait. Induction day today but not until this afternoon:-D

We are in the Black Country now, West Midlands :-)

It is lovely down here and we have nice neighbours.

Told our son not to tell his friends where he is living to give himself chance to sort himself out and get his life back on track as he has had some problems but no, what do I know? There is a load of his mates coming down next weekend to visit him:(

Whereabouts in yam yam land are you wino? Its not such a bad place to live is it!

We are not far from Stourbridge. Right on the Staffordshire border. lovely country walks.

I struggle sometimes with the accent but I'm sure I will get use to it. Likewise everyone else needs to get use to my scouse dielect.:razz:

Waking up and my house still smelling of Yankee Candles French lavendar which l was burning yesterday.

Ooooh, sounds loverly GM! Love Lavander, love candles. As the nights start getting darker earlier the candles come out. Something relaxing about sitting in candle light. :becky:

Also loving the new smileys. Spoilt for choice, have never seen so many! Not sure when i'd use this one though :llama:

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Ooooh, sounds loverly GM! Love Lavander, love candles. As the nights start getting darker earlier the candles come out. Something relaxing about sitting in candle light. :becky:

Also loving the new smileys. Spoilt for choice, have never seen so many! Not sure when i'd use this one though :llama:

You would use that one to illustrate your fascinating thread about a llama with tourettes

I was sitting having a coffee looking out the patio door window. A grey squirrel came out from our hedge. He search around sniffing for a patch of grass / earth sat bolt upright so his bottom was on the ground. He started to do a strange wiggle for a few seconds when it dawned on me that he was cleaning his bottom after having done his business in the hedge. The wiggle made me smile in a humdrum day.

Lots of smiles for me today, unusually.

First of all, the autism support group I started had its 1st session, and over 10 people turned up, which is massive for such a project and for a 1st time.

It also went very well, and proved to me that I hadn't been wasting my time, energy and money to get it started, as the people who were there, well, I can't even explain the vibe that was coming from them all, this chance to relax amongst like-minded people, to be themselves and not "just" carers, but also to ask questions, get reassurance... i came out of there with the biggest sense of elation for a long time!!!

Then, as hubby and I went to the local caf for lunch, I saw one of the ladies from the centre where we had our meeting, and she had another lady with her, who suddenly came and introduced herself with the biggest smile too, she work at a local school., has an autistic child and had just been told about the support group and how happy she was it had been created and she'd been joining us from now on.

On top of that, a lady here on CAG who 1st joined us in 2008, a complete trainwreck, completely lost, desperate for any kind of sense in her life, posted today to say that both her kids were now statemented and placed or in the process of being placed in SEN schools. :-)

Folks, I have been smiling all day. there are times where I wonder why I bother, but days like today, well, it makes it all worthwhile!!! :madgrin: