What Made You Smile Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I spent the weekend in Dagenham and did the London marathon on Sunday. I stayed with a relative of mine who has a 1 year old and a 5 year old. The 1 year old can say 3 words, one of which is no. On Friday, he just looks at me and tells me "no". :lol:

and did the London marathon on Sunday.

That made me smile, did you really :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Indeed I did. My knees went at some point; so had to walk a lot of it. I am never doing that again!

Good stuff, you just made me smile again, well done :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting an email asking for questions for my local Police

'What question will you ask your Police and Crime Commissioner or Chief Constable? Essex residents who want to quiz Roger Hirst, the new PCC for Essex, or Chief Constable Stephen Kavanagh, will have their opportunity to put their questions in a live webchat on the evening of Monday June 27, from 5pm to 7pm.

You can see more details here: http://www.essex.pcc.police.uk/news/live-web-chat-pcc-chief-constable/ As the new Police and Crime Plan for Essex is developed over the summer, the PCC has recently published details of some of the key issues for local communities, which were reflected in the manifesto on which he was elected as PCC.

These include: - addressing Anti-Social Behaviour before it develops into more serious criminal activity - ensuring Essex Police is more local, visible and accessible - continuing to focus on tackling domestic abuse - tackling serious violent and sexual crime - disrupting gangs and organised crime and preventing the exploitation of vulnerable people - supporting victims of crime and safeguarding vulnerable people -

Changing and improving driver behaviour given that Road Traffic Collisions kill more people in Essex than all other forms of violent crime put together More details can be seen here >>

http://www.essex.pcc.police.uk/news/community-safety-defining-priorities/

All of these subjects and more will be up for debate as the PCC and Chief Constable go online to talk with you and answer your questions. The live webchat will be taking place on Monday June 27 from 5pm to 7pm and people can join in by logging on to http://essex.police.uk/contact_us/talkback_live.aspx People can email their questions in advance to [email protected]

Post them on the Essex Police Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/EssexPoliceUK Or submit them on the night via the above web link..

My reply is below >>

'What question will you ask your Police and Crime Commissioner or Chief Constable?'

This is a very easy question for me, here it is:-

Why do I/we have to live in a 36 home community where there are drugs, guns, knives and prostitution? With school children (14-18)young people smoking cannabis openly in our gardens and in the park next to us? Drug deals from the side road 4-5 times daily.

Rough sleepers on landings and stairwells. Beggars at our local shops, anti-social parking (Meridian Centre) where driving on the pavements next to a bus stop happens daily...

What makes us special? Well this is easy too, we are 36 flats with nearly 30% vulnerable adults that are, elderly, disabled, socially isolated....

My wish is to feel like its 1965 where I could walk in the street without looking over my shoulder or being robbed and things like this. Being able to walk with my daughter (24) to the train station (Southend East without being stopped by a car driver looking for business!)'

From MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Being given 36 cans of bud beer for free from supermarkets. Wow what a night. This was because Metro ran a promo for it in their paper. These were the larges cans as well OMG!!!

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Being given 36 cans of bud beer for free from supermarkets. Wow what a night. This was because Metro ran a promo for it in their paper. These were the larges cans as well OMG!!!

:thumb:

I have just got home from a 3 hour meeting with the Chief Constable (CC) of Essex and the Police and Crimes Commissioner (PCC) and boy did I let them have it. I gave a moving and precise breakdown of issues where I live. When I had finished the room was silent then a huge round of applause. I was moved to tears.

Why because I spoke from the heart and spoke my best ever. I was spoken to just after this as the meeting came to an abrupt end and then so many people including the two speakers (The CC/Commissioner came to me and shook my hand. Why this happened to me I have no idea all I want for my community is to live in peace from gangs drug users/sellers drunks and much more. I have never ever spoken in public like this before. But time will tell what I said will make a difference.

There will be a video released shortly and I will copy paste this to add the link for history purposes. I am also going to have a personal visit from the beat Inspector next week including a second visitor from the Council in regards to what I have said.

I just wanted to share my great experience tonight...

• 1 month later...

Two things.

Daily Mail printing articles which reveal the damage to the UK caused by the Brexit vote. I smile about the stupidity of the Mail for being so pro Brexit and printing articles saying Brexit would cause no damage, project fear etc. I don't smile about the long term damage Brexit will cause, because our government does not have any plans.

When i read that people believe that Jeremy Corbyn can lead Labour to win a General Election. Whatever these people are taking, can they let me know. Is there a secret supply of magic mushrooms ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread