Iqor anybody ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Never heard of them....... and I've had something from almost all of them in the past!! :D

You've done the right thing for now........ just sit and wait to see what, if anything, they come up with!! ;)

UF

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

Also known as legal & trade collections.

In which case I take back my previous statement! :)

I have had dealings with legal 7 trade.... ;)

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

Just had a credit card debt passed to Iqor anyone had any dealings with them ?. Have cca'd them for now will sit and wait.

Iqor are fun to deal with. When they ring you, they just say they're calling from Preston but won't give you the name of the Company they work for. All you have to do to wind them up is say something along the lines of "So you're telling me that for the sake of my own security, you want me to give a complete stranger my personal details without even knowing which company you work for? I don't think so, goodbye."

Uselss bunch. Seen them off two or three times now .

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Iqor are fun to deal with. When they ring you, they just say they're calling from Preston but won't give you the name of the Company they work for. All you have to do to wind them up is say something along the lines of "So you're telling me that for the sake of my own security, you want me to give a complete stranger my personal details without even knowing which company you work for? I don't think so, goodbye."

Regards.

Fred

If they do that it has to be worth a complaint to the OFT as well??

2.2 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a.

use of official looking documents intended or likely to mislead

debtors as to their status, for example, documents made to resemble court

claims.

b.

leaving out or presenting information in such a way that it

creates a false or misleading impression or exploits debtors'

lack of knowledge

c.

those contacting debtors not making clear who they are, who

they work for, what their role is, what the purpose of the

contact is

d.

unnecessary and unhelpful use of legal and technical language, for

example, use of Latin phrases

e.

failing to provide debtors or creditors with information on status

of debts, for example, not providing requested balance statements when

reasonably requested

f.

contacting debtors at unreasonable times

g.

ignoring or disregarding debtors' legitimate wishes in respect

of when and where to contact them, for example, shift workers who

ask not to be telephoned during certain times of the day

h.

asking or instructing debtors to make contact on premium rate

telephone numbers

Had a strange phone call today this woman phoned wanting to speak to a Mr ? when i said M ? did not live here she wanted to know who she was speaking to. Very fishy !!!

She hung up when i asked her to identify herself and who she was calling for.

Regards.

Fred

Hi Fred- how did you see them off - I wrote to them for my BOS preference account - however they have written back saying they are acting in good faith . BOS terminated after dodgy DN - have written regarding that - they totally deny terminating. Any ideas???

I have them on a par with the moorcroft idiots, just send the acc. in dispute letter after 14 days, they will go away

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Hi Fred- how did you see them off - I wrote to them for my BOS preference account - however they have written back saying they are acting in good faith . BOS terminated after dodgy DN - have written regarding that - they totally deny terminating. Any ideas???

Hi Cleo,

On the BoS account I had them running around in circles about whether or not it was a credit card agreement and eventually they gave up.

On MBNA I just pointed out that there was no enforceable agreement and I'm pretty sure I saw them off on Halifax the same way. I'm losing track of which DCAs have dealt with which account now!

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Yeh I've dealt with them, they're a bunch of incompetant idiots, they don't read their letters, send countless templates out (sometimes 5 a week) and constantly phone but don't say who they are.. send them the harrassment warning by recorded delivery and also advise them that untill they can prove the debt is your's that you will consider all contact from them to be harrassment.

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I've also been contacted by IQOR

(the new name for Legal & Trade)

The address on their letters is:

33-34 Winckley square

Preston

PR1 3EL

Their postal address is shambolic, and anybody trying to send recorded letters to them will often be told by the Post Office that it doesn't exist (?).

However, if you persist, then it will get to them.

(The Post Office clerk will just need to enter the address manually).

I've now had a response to a couple of formal complaints letters I sent, and been given the following contact details:

It appears that their "Complaints Coordinator" is a lady called:

Susan Myerscough

So address any communications for her direct attention, and lets make her work for her salary !

The email for the complaints dept is: [email protected]

Her direct phone number is: 01772 832002

Always best not to call these people if you can avoid it, and try to keep all communication in writing for your own records, and also to avoid being coerced over the phone into saying or agreeing to something you may later regret.

If you do feel you need to talk to them on the phone, or if your actually being persistently called by them, ask to speak to only this person directly, and....

REMEMBER TO RECORD ANY PHONE CALLS, AND INFORM THEM YOU ARE DOING SO.

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

I have always used this...no problems

Iqor Recovery Services Ltd

P.O. Box 82

33 Winckley Square

Preston

PR1 3EL

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am now getting mail from Wescott, Iqor, + HBOS all chasing the same debt. I will send HBOS a letter to see who in fact owns the debt and ask why i am getting hassle off all these cretins. ?