• Tweets

• I don't think that will stop the solicitors letters or court action as the company driving that seems to be visualStudios.co.uk, not the Photo Studio Group who are supposidly the creditors. I think they are all part of the same web of scam companies. I see other people have had a hard time trying to complain to get their money back, they are mostly ignored and end up taking the company to court themselves. I think I would rather see what AJJB law are going to do next if I reply to their leeter of claim.
    • I still wish we could see exactly what you had claimed. I'd like to get much more detailed account of the conversation between you and the mediator. I'm a bit surprised that Hermes rejected the situation for something of such low value and am sorry to say it may be something to do with the way that you put across your points – or maybe the arguments that you focused on. I think it will be worthwhile understanding as much as possible, what your claim was about and what went wrong so that we can address those matters when it gets to court. Don't forget that there is still a chance that they may settle before the hearing. If it goes to the hearing then we need to make sure that you are as fully equipped as possible to make your arguments to the court in a convincing way so that you come out having established important principles against Hermes. They have a lot to lose
    • I've been reflecting on this and it seems to me that although it is probably in your interests to leave the car with him, you should retain ownership and not relinquish it until the matter is settled. I don't think there is any conflict between rejecting the car contractually on one hand and retaining the ownership until the matter is settled. By retaining ownership, if there happens to be any move to bankruptcy or something, then you can still assert your ownership of the vehicle. If there was any attempt to dispose of the vehicle without settling your refund first then I think you could legitimately report it to the police are stolen. Goods which are stolen remain stolen even if they are sold on. That means that if the car is sold to somebody and it is yours, then it remains yours and you remain stolen and the purchaser of the car would have purchased stolen property and they will then have to address the problem with the seller – and not with you. If you're able to take photographs of the car then I suggest that you do to make sure that it is in good condition – and you if you are able to keep an eye on it at all then you should do and photograph it from time to time. I think it would be also worthwhile sending the garage a letter saying that you are rejecting the vehicle that you are retaining title to it until they have settled the refund and that it is on their forecourt and as such they are responsible for its safekeeping. Send this letter by recorded delivery, of course.
    • ...Just found this https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/06034544   I can write to their CEO at their registered office. Not sure if I need to send the letter to both, but figure why not.    
    • No, though I did get a call back just this morning (from someone I'd not spoken to before at Crystal) and I now have the name of their CEO and confirmed I can write to him at the address I ordered from. Good idea though. Provisional letter below (names replaced), minor adjustments may be made following the legal advice:-   Dear CEO,   Reference: I am claiming a full refund on the glazing for my recent window order under my short term right to reject under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.   As it has not been possible to resolve this matter amicably, and it is apparent that court action may be necessary, I write in compliance with the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct. I have summarised the facts of the case below:-   On 04/10/20 I sent a signed PDF order across to yyyy yyyy. On the 09/10/20 I received an e-mail from xxxx with an order acknowledgement asking for my address so that she could book the order in. I replied the same day with my address and saying please note my order is not the one you've attached, it's the one I've digitally signed and amended to include additional notes, full glazing specification and details of the thermal frame reinforcement, and I attached another copy of this signed order to my reply. On 19/10/20 I sent an e-mail specifically asking for confirmation the glazing spec would be as per the signed quote, and received a reply from xxxx stating ‘I converted the quote you signed off into an order so, whatever is on the quote paperwork that you signed is exactly what has been ordered.’ On 05/11/20 I took delivery of the windows at my home address, and shortly thereafter queried the glazing specification as it did not seem to tally with what I ordered. I received an e-mail from aaaa (head of customer services) on 10/11/20 confirming that yes they had unfortunately ordered the incorrect glass for me. A later e-mail dated 12/11/20 forwarded by aaaa to myself from bbbb bbbb (senior estimator) at Custom Glass, gave full details of the glazing specification sent and that actually requested. I received glazing using ‘Thermaglas’ with the unit having a U value of 0.682 vs what was actually requested, ‘Therma One’ with a U value of 0.590 (better insulation performance). Repeated requests for a refund on the glazing only have been met with refusal citing your terms and conditions and stating you will only reorder the glass. I would point out that this variation of specification was not by prior agreement, and hence I am not bound to pay for it under your own terms and conditions (2.3 No variation to the Contract shall be binding unless agreed in writing by authorised representatives of the parties). Additionally as the item has not been made to my specifications clause 3.5 is negated (3.5 Cancellation - All Crystal products are ‘made to measure’ This means that where goods have been manufactured ‘made to measure’ due a customer’s specifications, they will become non-returnable and non-refundable.’ Furthermore, term 3.5 is not even included in the terms and conditions listed on my invoice number 345198, it is only on the website, and hence I cannot be bound by it anyway.   Due to the difference in specification the sealed units are not fit for purpose and are not as described.   From you I am claiming a full refund of £1190.93 under my short term right to reject under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.   I have calculated this sum based on the total amount paid for the Windows (£1813.14) less the total cost of the frames (£622.21).   Listed below are the documents on which I intend to rely in my claim against you: * 4-14-4-14-4 Thermaglas One.pdf * 4-14-4-14-4 Thermaglas * Signed crystal quote 041020.pdf * Copies of relevant e-mails, for dates see the above summary * Invoice number 345198   I can confirm that I would be agreeable to mediation and would consider any other system of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in order to avoid the need for this matter to be resolved by the courts.  I would invite you to put forward any proposals in this regard.    In closing, I would draw your attention to paragraphs 15 and 16 of the Practice Direction which gives the courts the power to impose sanctions on the parties if they fail to comply with the direction including failing to respond to this letter before claim.  I look forward to hearing from you within the next 14 days.   Should I not receive a response to my letter within this time frame then I anticipate that court action will be commenced with no further reference to you.   Yours faithfully,    me
  • Our picks

Golden Sands Rhyl...........Late payment

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4108 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Steven, happyowner is right my issue was regarding late payment of the annual site fee (due April 1st) and the manner in which they dealt with that issue. The current issues being fought by owners on the park have wider implications. I am just supportive of there actions.

Red Rebel

Come on the mighty reds!!!!!!

Lloyds TSB - Success - 14/7/07

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

Tip my scales if I have been of assistance :D

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical is this your way of saying "no comment"

In the last ten years I have never seen so many empty bases on this site as there are now.

And does the fact that you new owners are paying more than the rest of us crack you up as well

No Comment to what Just-ice? Unlike yourself, Im always happy to answer any question. I seen the little dance you do to avoid Monchenblues's questions. You were getting good at avoiding them too ;).

I had a chat about it and it isint that much. At the end of the day, I knew the site fees when I bought, and if I wasnt happy with them, I wouldnt have bought.

You cant dampen my spirits with all your negativity. :grin:

Larry i am afraid to disappoint you but at no point did management say my caravan was to be moved off if not paid by the deadline. Offer of Payment was made 2 days after the deadline (as explained in previous posts) but was refused point blank. Payment was due in April + i had paid a large proportion of the fee which in most cases would count for something.

Red Rebel

Im sorry, but I dont believe you. I know fees are due in March, not April. So thats a lie straight away. AND you paid a LARGE portion aswell eh. I would have thought you would have mentioned that in your original thread. . . . . if it were true!

Give it up red. Start telling the truth and stop digging. :wink:

HaL

Please read post #300

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Im sorry, but I dont believe you. I know fees are due in March, not April.

PROOF

Red Rebel

GS Fees.doc

Edited by Red Rebel

Come on the mighty reds!!!!!!

Lloyds TSB - Success - 14/7/07

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

Tip my scales if I have been of assistance :D

Unfortunately most of us are not computer litterate, we are slow,struggle with typing and spelling. we may not have the equipment or the Knowledge to scan - edit - and attach files.

The antagonists know that the bait will be taken by somebody.

Their sole purpose seems to be to disrupt or destroy this thread.

They have many questions but NO answers.

I am guilty of taking the bait. even though I try to resist.

I think your destroying this tread all by yourself.

You are incapable of holding a valid argument. You just throw rules and big words at it to avoid answering the real questions.

Regarding point 300 I agree with all, its been done to death now and will decend into pointless bickereing so I would shut it down.

I agree with Happy Larry, we all know the fees have to be paid on time, we all know the consequences of not paying, he was given an extended deadline and missed that, so he got pulled. Really should have paid on time, if he then agreed a new date he should of met it, what else could Golden Sands do?

I personally do not want owners on the park who have not paid their site fees, I have to pay mine and I dont want to subsidise others who dont.

This is a luxury purchase, not a fundamental basic item needed to exist, so if you cant afford to pay it then fair enough, but be big enough to deal with it and move on.

Shut it down, I need something else to live for!

Okey dokey, it would appear contributors to this thread didnt take heed of the very polite request earlier.

So, I am closing this thread. :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4108 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you