Golden Sands Rhyl...........Late payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To prevent us continuing in circles, could someone post up a copy of a lease agreement (personal details, if any, removed) here.

Also, whilst on the subject of legalities - what happens if youwant to buy a caravan on this site. Some (most) sites I know about will only allow you to purchase a caravan from a particular dealer. Is that true here? How is finanace arranged?

The reason I ask is that I suspect that, in some cases, not necessarily at Golden Sands, the whole structure for purchasing new caravans is unlawful:

1. The site puts themselves in position of agent in making you buy the caravan through them

2. They get a commission from the vendor

3. If that commission is not explicitly agreed to by the purchaser in terms of its existence and amount, the site is in breach of it duty as agent contrary to common law

4. The site organises finance

5. if the commissionis not explicitly stated on the HP or finance agreement as part of the total cost of credit, then the agreement is not properly executed and, furthermore, because the prescribed terms are thus mis-stated, the agrement is not enforceable

Thoughts?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Happyowner, I did not lose my caravan I simply moved to another park with better facilities and am very happy :D

Red Rebel

Come on the mighty reds!!!!!!

Lloyds TSB - Success - 14/7/07

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

Tip my scales if I have been of assistance :D

On Golden Sands you buy the caravan only though them now, they arrange all the finance. You dont go through anyone else.

You are allowed to sell your caravan to anyone as long as the park people approve the person you are slling too, they then take 15% commision.

Red Rebel, if you are happy with your caravan on a new site then please stop going on about Golden Sands, get a life please and leave us who love our park alone.

Can someone post up a copy of a credit/HP agreement (personal details removed) that GS use - I would really like to see it.

There is still the question of whether GS treated Red Rebel lawfully. If not, he may have recourse in law.

Hi Steven4064,

If you want to buy a caravan on this site, you have to buy through the camp. They no longer deal with the "Local Traders." Any van you see on LLoyd's or Kellets. is £10,000 dearer on Golden Sands.

They are now sole agents.

The first thing they did was to remove all the prices from the vans "for sale" When I enquired about part exchange, I was told they would take my van and £xx,xxx but no information on the cost of the van or on the allowance for my van.

Even though the code of practice they issue. outlines the commision to be paid by the vendor, NO person has successfuly conducted a private sale through this company.

They do advertise guranteed acceptance finance. but I have had no dealings with them So i cannot comment.

See post #250 - I bet the whole arrangement is unlawful and have no idea why trading standards allow them to get a way with it.

By 'them', I don't just mean GS but the whole industry as this arrangement is typical of all sites.

Hi steven4064,

I believe all sites are similar. That is why I chose to make a stand here, and not to move to another site.

May be trading standards won't act on the odd complaint. They may need a few similar complaints on the same subject or site before they take action.

If it was just a question of unfairness or dodgyness, yes. If it is actually unlawful, I think they have to act, even on one complaint.

However, if a credit agreement is unenforceable, they won't be intersted in that - but the debtor might be

I have just checked on the Bh and Hpa website (who produce the licence agreements), it states that the licences are approved by the OFT.

I personally dont see what the problem is, if the site only want to sell their own caravans then that is there choice, why should they let other business sell products onto their site and they dont have to suffer the running costs of it?

I really dont get where you guys are coming from on this?

If people dont like what they sign up to then they shouldnt sign up to it, we have our agreement and dont have any problem with it!

They don't sell their own caravans, they act as an agent and they make money out of commissions in so doing. This commission is actually paid in the end by the buyer although it doesn't usually appear on any documents. THis means they are paying over the odds for the caravan because they are financing the back-hander to the site. This is contrary to common law, at least, is probbaly against competition regulations and may actually be fraud.

If the commission can be shown to be 'hidden' in a credit agreement, the said agreement is then unenforceable.

Hi happyowner,

OFT's Guidance on un fair terms in holiday caravan agreements dated September 2005.

Section 3.4. Quote :- In 1983 we agreed a voluntary code of practice with NCC & BH & HPA. and they jointly promote a model pitch licence.

It was reviewed in 2001 and I quote :- With effect from 31st December 2001 we withdrew support from all 42 existing codes.

Hence the need for the document mentioned above.

Edited by just-ice

Happyowner

Glasses caravan price guide. (The Book they always refer to when they are buying vans back).

Says the guide price of a Willaby Boston double unit is under £55,000.

G/s price for it is £79,900. reduced from £89,900.

The site running costs are paid annually by the caravan owners and have no bearing on the cost of the caravan.

So blatent profiteering is the problem!

[edit - I already covered these points in my post above - it does not need saying again]

The original message was it about been thrown of park, and was it lawful. The answer is simple. Where you given a reasonable enough time to pay your bills to the park? I have read on here that your know you had to pay in march. What date was your caravan removed from park? Aswer that question, and we will all be a little more enlightened to be able to make an unbiaist opinion of our own.

Can you do that?

Thanks

I THINK THE FACT THAT NO ONE HAS REPLIED TO MY MESSAGE, ONLY PROVES THAT i WAS RIGHT. I think its time to move on and get on with things. I must admit, there are a few people on here that sound VERY, VERY simular to other people, almost as if they have opened up more than 1 account, just to back themselves up.

Bottom line people, if you think you have been hard done by, take the nessessary steps to do something about it. Go to a brief or something. If you dont, then just move on and stop moaning, just for the sake of moaning. then there are other people ;), who just need to find hobbies.

Hi Happyowner.

Could you tell me,how did you get onto the BH and HPA website.I have been trying on my other computors, and it wont let you on.

If you could tell me how I will give it another try. I can only get on to www. Myholidaycaravan.com which does mention BH and HPA but is not their website.

I THINK THE FACT THAT NO ONE HAS REPLIED TO MY MESSAGE, ONLY PROVES THAT i WAS RIGHT. I think its time to move on and get on with things. I must admit, there are a few people on here that sound VERY, VERY simular to other people, almost as if they have opened up more than 1 account, just to back themselves up.

Bottom line people, if you think you have been hard done by, take the nessessary steps to do something about it. Go to a brief or something. If you dont, then just move on and stop moaning, just for the sake of moaning. then there are other people ;), who just need to find hobbies.

oooooop's sounds like an unhappy larry

There are people who sound similar even down to their names.

Edited by just-ice

Hi Happyowner.

Could you tell me,how did you get onto the BH and HPA website.I have been trying on my other computors, and it wont let you on.

If you could tell me how I will give it another try. I can only get on to www. Myholidaycaravan.com which does mention BH and HPA but is not their website.

Thats what Im taking about. lol. Do we have a couple of logins aswel Catweasel, or is it just-ice, or are we jacktherat at the moment? lol. :D:D:-o

Hi Happyowner.

Just thought I would let you know I was down Golden Sands at the weekend and there was quite a few empty pitches so why not tell all your jealous friends to leave their parks and come and join the site too!:-|

Oh by the way, I have not paid my extra £595. :lol::D

Ooooops. See ya!

Look like we wont be enjoying a beer with jacktherat soon. Im sure someone else be more than happy to take up his/her plot. Someone that like the rest of us, will make the most of it, and enjoy it. Good times ahead I see

Bit optermistic arn't you fill all the other empty bases first

Hey Larry havn't you had enough warnings about your conduct on here or is there an alterior motive........such as getting this thread closed;)

Red Rebel

Come on the mighty reds!!!!!!

Lloyds TSB - Success - 14/7/07

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

Tip my scales if I have been of assistance :D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks