• Tweets

• Hello Caggers,   I've been trying for years to get an old EE account wiped off my credit file. It was opened in 2013 and almost immediately defaulted but was shown as "Payment Arrangement" ever since. I contacted EE by telephone in 2022 and was advised it had not been wiped because therte was still £69 owing, so I paid it and thought it would correct once the CRA's updated their reporting cycle.   However, it has still not been removed. I made a formal complaint on 27/03/2024 and have had contact with the executive team who advised that  "EE account 106985089 has now been deleted from the Credit File as it failed to close as it was reporting the payment arrangement set up despite, as advised this failing which should have resulted in a further default showing.  Please be advised the deletions we have completed take 24 hours to update if a paid service is used to view the Credit File. If the customer uses one of the free services to view the Credit File, the recordings update in 24 hours but the changes can take up to 30 days to be visible on a new copy of the Credit File. I have requested compensation and been advised by EE that another team are looking into this. That was almost 2 weeks ago and there has been no contact since, despite me chasing it. I do not want to go to court and would rather settle this amicably. However,I have been advised that I might have a claim for aggravated damages due to the length of time the incorrect reporting has been on my file and the fact that I told EE about this issue and paid the demanded outstanding amount of £69 almost 18 months ago. Should I just wait for EE to reply or should I start building my case against them? Is their statement admissible as evidence of their blame or do I need to dig a bit more? I made a DSAR which was initially rejected as having no data found yet. I trawled my e-mails from 2013 and found the account number and mobile number, so I'm now awaiting the result of my 2nd attempt at DSAR. I have very little in the way of proof of actual loss except a mortgage refusal e-mail from HBOS in 2015. I have also had high interest loans and credit over the last 10 years but again cannot directly attribute this to this one specific error. There were other items on my credit file that could also have contributed to a low credit score too and I'm not out to cash in on anything. I want to make sure I don't end up shooting myself in the foot for any obvious reason and would appreciate any help from anyone who has had similar experience with breaches of DPA.
    • Noted. Keep an eye on the other threads here including the update a few hours back by Rob Carr.
    • dont need statements. nor std info sheets. EVERTHING else  dx
    • they have 6mts else it dies. ................. BUT yet again today you've posted on someone else's thread posts now moved here. please keep to your OWN THREAD!! now to date you've not bothered to reply to our questions so we CAN help you.    
    • Update: tfl is taking me to court I'm trying to get an ooc claim from them but they have not been replying to my emails. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Golden Sands Rhyl...........Late payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Everybody, please please please just enjoy what you have! People are getting far to stressed about not much. Go and enjoy your holiday park, enjoy the extra 4 months season (why would you not when it aint any colder in Nov than in Oct), enjoy your lives and enjoy what you have.

If you are really unhappy on Golden Sands then you really should move, go, get out, do something else, just stop wasting your lifes serial cagging about every minute thing that happens in the world.

Life is too short people, way way too short, enjoy the bits you can, ignore the bits you cant.:cool:

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Deeejay38, i think the quote above answers your question as to why caravan owners where not consulted about the plans.

Red Rebel

And it is exactly why consumer regulations apply

For the record happyowner I offered to pay the outstanding amount 2 days after the deadline set by the management. I explained this to the park manager on deadline day. At no point did he tell me my caravan was going to be removed from the park. He told me to call on the tuesday 5/5......i had my debit card in hand to pay the outstanding amount only to be told my caravan was in the process of being moved off. We were in shock they didnt even give us the chance to pack our stuff!!

Red Rebel

Come on the mighty reds!!!!!!

Lloyds TSB - Success - 14/7/07

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

Tip my scales if I have been of assistance :D

Ok, fair enough!

Should have paid on time though, my sister missed her rent for 4 weeks and lost her house, thats just how things go at the moment.

I you want to rent my van I am doing good rates??

Looks like the rest of the posts go off the track a bit then, your original post was about late payment of site fees and the other 2 or 3 people are moaning about the 12 months thing!:cool:

Yes I would have loved to have paid on time happyowner but you cant give what you havnt got can you.

Thanks for the offer but I have my own van thanks.

I still have friends on Golden Sands and am fully supportive of there actions. :)

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

:confused:Hey Deejay.

The first guy to post was not just given 2 days to pay, if you read his post he was weeks over the deadline as the site fees are due on the 1st April at the latest, he agreed another date with the owners then missed that, so tough luck.

We all have to pay on time so he should he, he knew the rules.

The owners were sent a survey last year asking about an extended season, we were consulted, not many parks would do that for their owners?

If you are not an owner then what is the point in joining in?

Hi Happyowner:D

Being a holidaymaker on Goldensands i just found this thread so interesting to read.Even though i dont have a caravan,i always use to hire from private owners like yourself (until Golden Sands stopped owners from advertising in their windows)and stayed in some great caravans too:-)

If the owners were sent a survey by golden sands.Did it mention in this survey what the cost would be for the longer season and if owners had a choice in the matter?Also like i mentioned in my last message,why are Golden sands the only site to be doing the 12 month season?I bet some owners would be tempted to live in their caravan knowing its open all year round!:lol:

Deejay

Whats notices in windows got to do with letting? I let mine out and never got a booking from my window notice, I use my local paper and friends from work etc??

The survey did ask what owners would be prepared to pay for the extra season so yes it was asked and it was a full survey sent to all owners, all my mates who own got a copy.

I have no idea why only Golden Sands has got the 12 month licence, who cares why, its great for us.

I dont know if anyone will want to live in their caravans, cant speak for anyone else.

As I said before, enjoy life and stop getting wrapped up in not a lot.

I refer to post 217 by happyowner,

1. seeing that all owners recieved notification of the entertainment for sept/oct. on saturday you must have spoken to him at the first meeting. He had no choice but to cancell the charges for tickets. because he said that the site fee increase was for the running of the camp for the extra 4 months. Then in a later "news letter" He thanked 70% of people for paying the extra, and then said he had been spending your money on entertainment for the winter season. Which means if he charges for tickets you are paying for the same thing twice. This would be unacceptable to OFT under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Even raising site fees to pay for entertainment would be frowned upon. So there is the real reason for cancelling the ticket charge. not out of the goodness of his heart.

As for your friends on other sites being jealous of the 12 month licence, I have information In writing that many other sites in Noth Wales would be entitled to open for 12 Months. Facilities on golden sands will only be open at week-ends.

What you are quoting on the legal matter is hear say Any legal minded person would not interpret clause 7 the way you do. If you want to refer to your terms & conditions, The "review Date" means the day set out in Part 1 onwhich the Pitch Fee is reviewed under clause 7. And the review date on my licence is 1st day of January in each year of the licence period. So trying to increase the site fee mid season without the required notice is unacceptable to me and may even be unlawful.

Edited by catcher

Catcher

Its a holiday caravan park, you dont have to be there, go and enjoy your life and enjoy the time you have. Take your caravan to a park you enjoy, or sell up and spend your weekends somewhere you can be happy.

Life is too short my friend, dont spend it at war with people who have bigger guns, you can only lose!!

It is still a great park, best in the area by a mile, we love it, the kids love, if that changes we will leave or take our custom elsewhere (with our caravan), I advise you do the same.

Catcher

Life is too short my friend, dont spend it at war with people who have bigger guns, you can only lose!!

Happyowner stop hiding behind the pretence of being a caravan owner the language used above is indicative of the language and attitude of GS management.

Red Rebel

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that this thread has outlived its usefulness.

Red Rebel, have you considered that it is possible that some owners might actually be happy with the site as it (now) is? If you continue to respond to anyone who disagrees with you in this way, I will close the thread.

This is the absoulte final warning.

Red Rebel

Please understand that I do not support the management of the park, I support how well the park is run and how we as a family love our time there. We love all of the changes, the best being the extra 4 months that the park is open, we now dont have to twiddle our thumbs during the winter bored with nothing to do.

I know dozens of familes on Golden Sands, you are no longer a caravan owner there becuase you didnt pay your bills on time, those that are left on park like us love it, we really really do. We cant wait for all the winter parties, the Christmas and New Year parties, all the extra time on the park.

I dont think you can get the fact that nearly everyone who still owns a caravan there actually does it by choice, WE LOVE IT.

OK we are not going to agree on liking the park or its management - that is obviously a matter of opinion.

As far as this thread is concerned, I would like to make the following points:

1. The management are quite within their rights to change the length of the season without asking owners.

2. I presume that leases are renewed annualy. That means they can change you terms at the point of lease renewal and you can respond by accepting them or leaving the site

3. I think there is a big question mark over whether it is lawful for them to do that once a lease has been renewed for the year. The Consumer regulations I referred to earlier certainly apply.

4. If you pay late, then they are entitled to terminate the lease. Whether Red rebel was treated fairly in his/her particular case is also open to question.

I would suggest that this thread is now limited to these questions as these are within the scope of what CAG is about.

[edit - I already covered these points in my post above - it does not need saying again]

The original message was it about been thrown of park, and was it lawful. The answer is simple. Where you given a reasonable enough time to pay your bills to the park? I have read on here that your know you had to pay in march. What date was your caravan removed from park? Aswer that question, and we will all be a little more enlightened to be able to make an unbiaist opinion of our own.

Can you do that?

Thanks

Edited by steven4064

to steven4064

Your presumption that leases are renewed anually is wrong. Some licences run indefinately and others last untill the caravan reaches a certain age. IN either case the review date for site fees is 1st of January in any year for the duration of the licence. There is no provision to allow changes Mid-season.

[edit - I already covered these points in my post above - it does not need saying again]

Edited by steven4064

Hi

I have a lot of friends on local parks who are very jealous of us at Golden Sands having 12 months with everything open.

Hi Happyowner.

Just thought I would let you know I was down Golden Sands at the weekend and there was quite a few empty pitches so why not tell all your jealous friends to leave their parks and come and join the site too!:-|

Oh by the way, I have not paid my extra £595. :lol::D

Edited by jacktherat

Hi Happyowner.

Just thought I would let you know I was down Golden Sands at the weekend and there was quite a few empty pitches so why not tell all your jealous friends to leave their parks and come and join the site too!:-|

Oh by the way, I have not paid my extra £595. :lol::D

dont moan if they ask you to leave then if you think it funny that the majority pay and people go on and on and try to create an atmosphere.

Hi catcher.

The survey was about a 10 month season. and no results were published.

happyowner has stated that all the facilities are open for the full 12 months. Not true. only week-ends in winter!

what will the people who rent their van do when they can't get tickets for any party evenings that occur while they are there.

Edited by steven4064

Hi jacktherat.

could not have put it better myself.I have never seen so many empty bases on this camp in august.

i have not payed either.

Not only August but July as well, With the reduction in parking spaces I was dreading the 6 weeks but there has been plenty of room. if you include the number of vans for sale that are occupying bases and the empty ones it really is unpresidented.

Ive never seen it so quiet.

dont moan if they ask you to leave then if you think it funny that the majority pay and people go on and on and try to create an atmosphere.

I don't think its funny that the majority have paid (as you say). Each to their own. I havent paid because I dont think its fair that I have to pay for something that I wont use.

I am not trying to create an atmosphere, I am just stating my opinion on it.

Edited by jacktherat

Your presumption that leases are renewed anually is wrong. Some licences run indefinately and others last untill the caravan reaches a certain age.
The fact that they are reviewed every January is effectively the same thing as far as my post is concerned. Management have the right to change the rules in January but probably not at other times, especially one owners have paid some or all of their fees for the year.

I have edited a couple of posts on the previous page and this one.

My last post was not supposed to be an occasion for people to carry on with the personal slanging match. Please stop it

I feel I have to say this in case the thread gets closed down.

If new owners on Golden Sands compare their site fees with neighbours on old contracts they will find that they are paying between £900. & £1200. more. Depending if their pitch is Regular, Premium or Premium +.

I have never met a caravan owner who is happy to pay more than his neighbour for the same facilities.

May be they dont realise they are being ripped off!

As I said dont take my word for it go compare Simples!!!!!!!!!!

Whether it gets closed is completly up to you. Simples!!

Its already been open a lot longer than my team colleagues think is reasonable. But I think there are some valid points to be made here which do not invlove personal comments, name-calling, etc.

Edited by steven4064

As the orginal post is all about not paying fees on time, I would suggest the people on here who have not paid their £595 should seriously think about their non payment, Red Rebel lost his caravan for not paying on time!!!!!! I dont think the site will think twice about doing the same to you Mr JacktheRat, so you and RebRebel will be sitting in your living room at home moaning about losing your caravan for the same reason!

You wont be laughing so load anymore me thinks!!:D:p

Like I have stated before, I do not think its fair that owners have to pay the £595 when they wont be using the caravan in the winter. We should of had a choice as to whether we want the 12 month season or not. During the winter I wish to spend my time with family in my 5 bedroom central heated double glazing house where I will be lovely and warm rather that in Wales in a caravan. WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN A CHOICE!

Edited by steven4064
personal remarks removed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks