Golden Sands Rhyl...........Late payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

surfer 01, how little you obviously know, i am without doubt a legitimate caravan owner that has an opinion on he site that does not match others on this forum, if you look back then there are only really red rebel and just ice that have the huge problem with the owners.

if you have no interest in golden sands then why comment

Obviously I hit the nail on the head!

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it is not going to arbitration via that rout. and i don't know if anyone else has looked at arbitration.

as i said it is in the code of practice that if no less than 51% write to the owners in complaint then the matter will be automatically passed to arbitration, i have just read it after you asked me if i had it.

Thanks Just-ice I have already PM'd Conniff with the information.

Red Rebel

Come on the mighty reds!!!!!!

Lloyds TSB - Success - 14/7/07

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

Tip my scales if I have been of assistance :D

Why are people with no problem at golden Sands searching the net for issues about Golden Sands unless they have a concern about adverse publicity?

why are people with no interest in golden sands on this forum? read all previous posts and i have already answered that one, but just fr you i will tell you again. at last weeks owners breakfast somebody told me i should go on the website for the action group and when i got home and searched this was all i found.

I will not keep trying to justify who i am and that i am an owner of a caravan on golden sands

I've already asked politely that useful information is posted on the thread and that it does not descend into personal comments.

Any further personal comments may see this thread closed for Site Admin review and the possibility of members being placed under moderation.

Sadly, this will not help the Original Poster who posted a genuine question on this website expecting the possibility of some good advice.

Finally, advice by PM should not be seen as good advice.

Read why - Beware of Advice by PM

Edited by supasnooper

that is your opinion, but when i say no caravan owner in his right mind that dislikes the site so much, would not stay on the site, you do not answer that point, you just say i am part of the management. i keep saying that if the majority did not like the change then why when you had the opportunity did you not get the majority to write in and then take the matter to arbitration?

could somebody answer that point please as you all say the MAJORITY?

do you remember in post 186 I asked you about the code of practice and mentioned the re-sale of your caravan?

Well many people who wanted to sell privately have been told that if their van is up for sale they will have to move it off. and were quoted rediculess disconnection and removal charges. and eventually sold their vans to the camp for a pittance.

That is why people can't or won't move off.

if they stay they may have to pay £595. if they go they will lose thousands.

Surely you can see that.

Edited by just-ice

Why cant people have the choice of an 8 or 12 month season?. Those who want the 12 month pay the extra fee. As it stands those who don't want to use there vans in winter are having to pay for something there not going to use. People want choice!

Red Rebel

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

The first thing you need to do Red is to request all your documentation held by them under the data protection act via a sar.

The maximum they can charge for this is £10 and have only a limited time to send it to you before they commit an offence. Send them the full £10.

Send it to:

The Data Controller

Golden Sands Holiday Camp (Rhyl) Ltd

54 KINMEL STREET

RHYL

DENBIGHSHIRE

LL18 1AG

Once this is received, we can look at any action available to you.

Why be ashamed of stating facts and the truth and being concerned about the area for which you live and don't just visit. You just have to look at the coastal resorts of Bournemouth and Eastbourne and the effect that the massive influx of over 60's have had on the economy. The councils have serious problems with having only low paid caring jobs and the support that is draining the council budget. I'll be old one day, but I won't stand in the way of progress and the inevitable change brought to everyone. Maybe it's a British thing and standing in front of the bulldozers of progress. There's more important things in the world to devote your time to and not just whinging on about not being given an options, but there are options open to everyone in life, make it easy and choose the right one, don't get stressed about things, find a park with nothing on it, so there's nothing to whinge about. Or maybe go and chill at a football match and shout at the ref!

So IRELANDISSUPERMAN,

you are a licencee, who isn't busy on sunday, and supports Manchesters 2nd team

I smell.........mmmmmmmmmm BACON!

YOU MUST BE THE BAR MANAGER ON GOLDEN SANDS!

So now people can I ask you to ignore him and his cronies and stick to the thread PLEASE.

Hi Conniff,

Thank you for your advice........very much appreciated:)

Red Rebel

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

So IRELANDISSUPERMAN,

you are a licencee, who isn't busy on sunday, and supports Manchesters 2nd team

I smell.........mmmmmmmmmm BACON!

YOU MUST BE THE BAR MANAGER ON GOLDEN SANDS!

So now people can I ask you to ignore him and his cronies and stick to the thread PLEASE.

Sorry, incorrect! I am a local newspaper reporter, CK

To catcher

very astute. I think you are correct. about irelandissuperman and sticking to the thread.

did anything happen at the second breakfast meeting that is likely to help our cause?

Edited by just-ice

Hi

Have not been on this for while now but thought I would check to see how things are going. Not much change really, just people bickering about silly things.

I must say that after the two owners breakfast meetings it is reasuring to see the director come along and talk to all the owners who wished to meet him. I was one of the owners asking for more entertainment in the Sandpiper bar, more adult acts etc. Sooooo pleased that they have arleady reacted and sent us a letter telling us that they have booked a load for Sept and Oct, they have also said they will cover the cost of all the parties over the winter including new years eve.

It is sad to see some people are still moaning, although from what I can gather on the park this weekend it is down to about 10 owners who are digging in, not sure what they hope to achieve becuase by far the majority are really happy with what is happening and I have a lot of friends on local parks who are very jealous of us at Golden Sands having 12 months with everything open.

I know of an owner who took legal advice on this matter, they said they were going to refuse to pay the £595. They were told that in cluase 7 of their licence agreement it clearly states that the park can do what they have done, I have checked this and mine says the same. If you read your agreement is says under the 'review of pitch fees' section, if owners do not agree to a pitch fee increase they need 51% of owners to write to the BH and HPA, if they do this then they will arbitrate but will take into account lots of things and it specifically mentions 'Changes in season length'!!!!! This owner then contacted the help desk at the BH and HPA and NCC and asked for their views on the situation, at first they would not comment but they asked another person who said it was entirley reasonable to put the fees up by the amount in question becuase of the 50% longer season and the cost of running the park during that time. Case closed.

Time to move on peeps, go with the flow and enjoy the extra season at what is the best park in the area by far.

Have not been on this for while now but thought I would check to see how things are going. Not much change really, just people bickering about silly things.
quite
...They were told that in cluase 7 of their licence agreement it clearly states that the park can do what they have done, I have checked this and mine says the same. If you read your agreement is says under the 'review of pitch fees' section, if owners do not agree to a pitch fee increase they need 51% of owners to write to the BH and HPA, if they do this then they will arbitrate but will take into account lots of things and it specifically mentions 'Changes in season length'!!!!!
I would just like to point out though, that just because something is in the T&Cs that owners signed when they took up their lease, does not necessarily mean that the site can enforce it.

Such terms must be compliant with the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 and now also the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. Any term that does not so comply cannot be enforced.

Edited by steven4064
typos

quiteI would just like to point out though, that just because something is in the T&Cs that owners signed when they took up their lease, does not necessarily mean that the site can enforce it.

I would like to know if any caravan owners have signed any T&C's under the new management. I certainly didn't.

Red Rebel

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

On another point other caravan parks along the north wales coast offer owners the choice of differing lengths of season. Why cant Golden Sands offer the same?

Please dont say move to another park, because the only appeal of Golden Sands is its location. Thank you.

Red Rebel

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

As a holidaymaker to Goldensands,i've had many happy holidays there and am just glad not to be a caravan owner on there!With what i've been reading on here regarding how the site treats you if you miss a deadline to pay a bill by only a couple of days and then getting your caravan disconnected and towed away,i think is well out of order!

After reading all the threads i have got two questions to ask...

1)Why didn't Golden Sands call a meeting with the caravan owners earlier in the year to ask for their opinion in the site being open 12 months instead of it being forced on them?(I understand due to work commitments not everyone would have gone but the majority would have.)

2)Why aint other caravan sites doing the same as Golden Sands by having a 12 month season too? (The longest one i've seen is for ten and a half months)

It was confirmed that the Licence agreements and Ts and Cs are binding, the OFT have approved the Bh and Hpa agreement that Golden Sands use (apparently it is a standard agreement used throughout the industry), it is water tight. The guy I know paid £415 to be told this by a lawyer, so he has now got to pay the £595 as well, LOL.

Mr Clark was asked by an owner sitting next me to why there was no choice, he said that it had to be all or nothing but that he felt 90% of the owners would really benefit from the extra season. I know that still leaves 10% who may be un happy so I agree it must be tough on the poeple who dont like it.

We have now got 4 bookings for the extra winter season worth nearly £900, I have another lady contacting me on Wed who wants to book two weeks in Jan as well.

I just want to finish by saying that it would be great if people could just move on from this now, either way, we have got a lovely site and I really feel like the new owners are trying to make it better, lets just enjoy it.

Whether they offer differing lengths of season is completely their choice. The only vaild question is whether they can change the length of the season and make all lease-holders acccept it or terminate their lease. That really is the only question.

The answer will be in the two sets of regulations I referred to above.

it is business not a democracy.

Deeejay38, i think the quote above answers your question as to why caravan owners where not consulted about the plans.

Red Rebel

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

:confused:Hey Deejay.

The first guy to post was not just given 2 days to pay, if you read his post he was weeks over the deadline as the site fees are due on the 1st April at the latest, he agreed another date with the owners then missed that, so tough luck.

We all have to pay on time so he should he, he knew the rules.

The owners were sent a survey last year asking about an extended season, we were consulted, not many parks would do that for their owners?

If you are not an owner then what is the point in joining in?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks