Golden Sands Rhyl...........Late payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not look at things from another perspective? As a resident of Kinmel Bay I think it's great that Golden Sands will be open throughout the year! The main reason being the fact that it's going to bring in extra revenue to the local area. Yes, it's cold, but so is Manchester, Liverpool and Stoke at that time of year! But many of the local businesses scrape through this time looking forward to the holiday makers and caravan owners return in March. Many of the people in the area are also unemployed and rely on the summer months to bring in extra revenue they desperately need. Read the local newspapers and you'll see how deprived certain areas are around here. The money you spend, in the club, Sandy Cove, the shop, at Asda, the petrol station etc., etc., will help keep these businesses going. Everyone knows how different the holiday trade is to 20 years ago, where the holiday makers came in March and left in October, now it's a week here and there and then the main 6 weeks! This at least goes some way to help bring back those heady days! (Although mainly just the weekends) Don't forget that all the businesses have to pay, rent, rates, water, electric and gas all year round and not just the 8 - 10 months that the parks are open. Every little bit helps (Thanks Tesco) So thank you to all those who will be down all through the usually cold and lonely winter, it's bound to be a lot warmer with you all around!:roll:

Hi IRELANDISSUPERMAN,

As I and others have pointed out in earlier posts alot of people on the park dont want to go there caravan in winter but have to pay the extra money (that cant be fair!!). Those who will go will have caravans equipped to deal with winter ie; double glazing, central heating, insulated wall panels. Why should those who dont have caravans with these benefits subsidise those who do?

Red Rebel

Come on the mighty reds!!!!!!

Lloyds TSB - Success - 14/7/07

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

Tip my scales if I have been of assistance :D

So Superman,

If you are really a local resident what do your neighbours think about living in deprivation? Why not give your address, then people can call to thank you for your concerns about the local economy. I've got a sneaking suspicion that you are an Irish member of GS sales!! It looks likely that you had quite a good education over in the Emerald Isle cuz yer speling is gud.

Mixtup

No I'm not a salesman, but yes I do live in Kinmel Bay. I would like to remain a secret, just like Superman himself!

The West End of Rhyl is one of the most deprived areas in Europe and has many plans to help rejuvinate it. The planned Plaza with Asda, housing, shops and a new harbour area are just the begining. Just search the web and you will see how many links there are to it.

When the plans are completed, you will be able to use them all year round, unlike other parks in the area, thus yourselves and others bringing the revenue into the area. So as I stated in my opening reply, try looking at it from a different angle and help the local community.

P.S. I have a Library ticket, but I've never borrowed a book, but I don't get my money back from the council tax I pay! I pay for the Mayoral car, but I never get to use it! I pay my car tax, the same as you, but don't do that many miles! :roll:

G'd morning monchenblue, Which one of your questions did I not answer?

I took the trouble to address each point separately,so what did I miss?

How do you know before anyone else? was a question put to you! and you haven't answered!! I admit there were some things that people were not happy about under the previous owners, but nothing serious enough to cause a public out-cry as the present situation has. By your own admission you came on to this thread to support the management!

just got back from a lovely weekend in my caravan and will now answer the questions left for me.

1. you will not answer if you are an owner and if you have paid?

2. how do i know what before anybody else?

3. show me the post were i actually said i support the management?

You didn't comment on if you would be prepared to pay the full cost for the extra season without being subsidised.

If you have booked every function without consideration for others then you are indeed selfish. and determined to get more than your moneys worth.

no i would not pay extra as that is not what has been given to the caravan owners by the site owners so that is just hyperthetical. why am i selfish? you are stating that the majority of owners do nit want to use their caravans in the winter, so what is the problem with me going to the functions, i keep saying this but you dont see that if you and the others who state that there is so much wrong with the site and DO NOT WANT TO GO IN WINTER but want to go to events do you?

hello monchenblue

My opinion is that just-ice has got you sussed. And your fishing trip has left you with an empty net.

You and happy as larry are singing from the same hymn sheet. And your grab all attitude is in line with management thinking.

Red Rebel is right! I agree with them completely.

If you don't want to help resolve the situation, then you are part of the problem!!!!

firstly i do not have a problem so i dont see anything to be resolved, have you read my posts i am quite content with the site and what is going on. how many times do you want me to say it? you just think that anyone is happy and posts on here have got to be staff or management, believe that people do have different opinions and do not have to follow others all the time.

The additional costs were detailed in the winter entertainment guide, sent to every caravan owner. And as i said before no one is aware of being able to pre-book. The selfishness I have commented on earlier. You are all entitled to your opinions, Beacuse my views are different to yours, you accuse me of being antagonistic.

i find it starnge that nobody heard it announced in the club and that it was never seen on the screens in the main room, because that is where we saw it and acted upon it, we went into the office and was informed at the time that we could book for what we wanted and that there was no cost. al i did was went into reception on what i heard in the club, but no that cant be beleived by your group as i have to be in with the staff or as you think one of the sales team.

Aprox 300 vans X £600 = £180,000. A tidy sum!

That is £37.19. per van per week.

If 150 of you want the extra season you should pay £74.38 per week and the gas you use will still be subsidised.

Are you prepaired to pay that monchenblue?

catcher why should i pay because you dont want to? as just ice will not answer this question will you, are you an owner and have you paid the extra fee?

Sorry have I missed something, My comment on new comers sums up what?

Is Your attempt to hide behind happy as larry's opinion of me an excuse to withdraw from this debate?

I have never said your opinion was wrong !! I may think it is missguided but not wrong.

The rest of this post will be answered in my next post!

i did not withdraw from the debate, i just went and had a good weekend in my caravan on golden sands. it sums up the way people treat you and think that if you are a new owner you cant have an opinion, i wouldnt mind guessing that most people who are not happy have been there for years and do not like change and do not see the business ethic being used

Those who will go will have caravans equipped to deal with winter ie; double glazing, central heating, insulated wall panels. Why should those who dont have caravans with these benefits subsidise those who do?

Red Rebel

Answer that question monchenblue if you can

Red Rebel

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

Well monchenblue I find it ironic that you think I should answer personal questions, when you won't. Wheather I am on the site or not, I have not paid the extra costs.

What is strange!!!!!! is the amount you Know about the office. (as a van owner?) !!!

You ask the problem with booking tickets?

Do you remember the owners party last year? a lot of owners didn't get tickets because they had all been pre-booked. On the night some of the tickets were not claimed, and so deprived others of attending!!!!!!!!

what is so personal about saying wether you are a caravan owner on the site or not? i have said things that i have found out in the club. if i knew so much i would have known the owners were playing the staff at football on saturday but i didnt and would have loved to have got involved. no i dont know about last years party as i did not have a caravan last year. if you go to any event in the world that is sold out and people would give the right arm for you will see empty seats, because circumstances happen in peoples lives that dictate that they cant attend, so again i dont get your point or are you saying everyone is greedy and selfish.

Can somebody answer this question......

Are static caravans without the benefit of double glazing and central heating designed for habitation during the winter months?

Red Rebel

i dont know the answer to that but would ask are houses without double glazing and central heating designed for habitation during the winter months?

Hi IRELANDISSUPERMAN,

As I and others have pointed out in earlier posts alot of people on the park dont want to go there caravan in winter but have to pay the extra money (that cant be fair!!). Those who will go will have caravans equipped to deal with winter ie; double glazing, central heating, insulated wall panels. Why should those who dont have caravans with these benefits subsidise those who do?

Red Rebel

would you think it fair if say for instance somebody had to work away for 3 - 4 months in the summer or say a member of the forces had to deploy away in the summer, and was a caravan owner and they went to the site owners and said i do not want to pay while i am away so could you spread my fees amongst the others? do you see my point that there could be few people this could happen to and then you could be presented with a bill, how would you feel about that?

Answer that question monchenblue if you can

Red Rebel

of course i can answer the question but you would be objectionate to my answer anyway. you are not subsidising me you are paying to have your van available for the extra period and be able to enjoy the facilities and functions, if you read one of my previous posts you will see i asked about people being subsidised if they are unable to use their van in the summer period.

read what you put again red rebel as it sounds like something from a playground "answer that if you can" any body can answer a question but not everyone likes the answers. i would personally sort my caravan for the winter or upgrade and enjoy it, and if i couldnt afford it and didnt like the site then i would be off theirlike a shot

i dont know the answer to that but would ask are houses without double glazing and central heating designed for habitation during the winter months?

Are you trying to compare a house to a caravan......your a comedian.

Red Rebel

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

Hi IRELANDISSUPERMAN.

Apparently you dont talk to many people do you, If so you would know that the local people DO NOT want Golden Sands to be open 12 months. They are totally against it. I am surprised at your comments of revenue coming into the area, as you are a licencee, and G.S club can serve until 1am, i would have thought you of all people would be against it.(COMPETITION). Your library ticket, (FREE). We all pay coucil tax and for mayoral cars, and if you dont do many miles in your car (your fault) or do you fly like the REAL superman?

Edited by catweasle

Hi IRELANDISSUPERMAN,

FIRST, I must thank you for re-kindling the interest in this thread.

I have spoken to many residents of Kinmel bay and you are the first one to welcome the extended season at golden sands, others are glad for the trafic conjestion to ease off.

In your position I would be drumming up support from my neighbours and campaigning for what I believe in.

As for the local economy even with the camps in Towyn being open 10.5 months ( over christmas ) this has not tempted shopkeepers to stay open. So any extra revenue goes to the camps and any taxes they may pay does not benifit Wales directly.

No I'm not a salesman, but yes I do live in Kinmel Bay. I would like to remain a secret, just like Superman himself!

The West End of Rhyl is one of the most deprived areas in Europe and has many plans to help rejuvinate it. The planned Plaza with Asda, housing, shops and a new harbour area are just the begining. Just search the web and you will see how many links there are to it.

When the plans are completed, you will be able to use them all year round, unlike other parks in the area, thus yourselves and others bringing the revenue into the area. So as I stated in my opening reply, try looking at it from a different angle and help the local community.

P.S. I have a Library ticket, but I've never borrowed a book, but I don't get my money back from the council tax I pay! I pay for the Mayoral car, but I never get to use it! I pay my car tax, the same as you, but don't do that many miles! :roll:

What are the plans you are referring to that we will use all year round that other parks can't?

What are the plans you are referring to that we will use all year round that other parks can't?

By the way ireland is superman.

i think that is a valid point about the rejunination being open to golden sands owners and not others as people from other sites wont be there and the ones from golden sands who want to be there will be able to use it all.

Just-ice, have you got no hobbies? You must be incredibley bored. You remind me of a guy I met at the "Rally" in the picnic area a few weeks ago.He was an owner on fsb row. a right numpty. (mention no names, but you know who you are).

That Mixtup up made me laugh though. He/she thinks "Ireland - is - superman" name sake is a hint that the person involved is Irish. lol. He is a footballer for Man City. Good job your not a detective. Your awful! ! lol.

You dont think he would be that obvious now do you?

Here is an idea. Lets all get rid of the fake names, display who you really are, and lets see who has some bottle.

just got back from a lovely weekend in my caravan and will now answer the questions left for me.

1. you will not answer if you are an owner and if you have paid?

2. how do i know what before anybody else?

3. show me the post were i actually said i support the management?

You have not answered a single question. only asked them.

You yourself declined to divulge your grievence with Mr Clark for personal reasons. and irishissuperman wants to preserve his anonimity. So i will keep the location of my van to myself for now. OK

You pass comments on things before other owners know what you are talking about, leading us to think you have inside Knowlege.

I have re-read the posts, cant find the passage! MAY HAVE BEEN EDITED!! But the whole contents of your posts are pro management, that is why so many caggers believe you are with management.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks