Golden Sands Rhyl...........Late payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Golden Sands have just announced they are to have an Owners Breakfast Morning over the next 2 sundays (16th and 23rd) in which both park owners will be in attendance to answer questions about the park and future developments.

The only problem is most of the caravan owners wont be there with having to hire there caravans to offset the spiraling costs. They would have got a better indication of peoples feelings by holding these meetings in September when most of the owners will be on park.

They have imposed a 12 month season on people who dont have a caravan with the luxury of double glazing and central heating. Do they think people without these luxurys are going to shiver in there vans over the winter months (I think not). People should have choice and not be dictated to in the manner they have ie "if you don't like it go somewhere else". Those who will not be using there vans over the winter months are in effect paying £595 for winter storage, which was "free" previously.

Golden Sands management have stated that most owners are in favour of the 12 month season. If that was the case there would be no problem in offering options for those not wanting to visit the park in winter.

As

Red Rebel

The first owners breakfast morning was any thing but a sucess.

They were late opening, Only ONE director was there. (it obviously wasn't important enough for the others to attend.)

As you anticipated there were verry few owners there.

there were about 18 tables occupied including those being used by the salesmen.

No introductions were made.

eventually Michael Clark was Identified. His time was taken up visiting just two or three tables.

His opinion was you all have the choice of an eight or twelve month season, as long as you pay for the twelve.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid Mr Clark and his cronies will always put there interests above those of caravan owners. You only have to go back to what they did in May to realise that..............

Red Rebel

Come on the mighty reds!!!!!!

Lloyds TSB - Success - 14/7/07

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

Tip my scales if I have been of assistance :D

I'm afraid Mr Clark and his cronies will always put there interests above those of caravan owners. You only have to go back to what they did in May to realise that..............

Red Rebel

Spot on!

I have just heard of a holiday-maker who asked a caravan owner if they could bring their dog.

The owner quoted clause 6 of the site rules (only caravan owners can bring their pets).

The holiday-maker then Phoned golden sands, Who gave them permission to bring their dog. Without consulting the caravan owner.

I wonder if Golden Sands will pay for any damage caused by this animal?

Why should they over-ride an owner who is sticking to their rules?

Any owner who rents through Golden Sands! You Know what to expect!!!

Please all read this post

I gave Happy as Larry until this morning to edit his last post himself. He has chosen not to do so. I have therefore removed it from the thread together with all those that refer to it.

If Happy as Larry posts another offensive post, he will be banned from the site.

This thread was to help Red Rebel with a particular problem regarding late payment of site fees. Please can we stick to that and related issues. If the thread degenerates into name-calling, I will close it.

If others have different problems with this same site, they should start their own threads.

Thank you jacktherat........ our only purpose is to make people aware and highlight the unfair and unjust rules and regulations caravan park owners impose on caravan owners.

Thanks for your support.

Red Rebel

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

too many people happy to moan and not highlight any ggod points, i had a grivance and i aired with Mr Clarke at the breakfast well after 10 when it was supposed to have finished. i was asured that i would have it sorted and have since recieved follow up from staff involved. i am content with all responses i have had and think that the 12 months is a great idea. people say who would want to come to rhyl in december? why is it like marbella in july and august? NO its not get real !!!! People go on about secret meetings in the sandy cove and paying money to join groups against the camp, but all those people have paid their money. i will happy to be subsidised if people do not want to come during the extra months and will be able to sit comfortably in the bar without owners sniping and looking at you because you havent been there for years as if you shouldnt be sat near the bar and when you leave with the kids they are almost sat on your n#knee before you get off your chair. please accept that this is both mine and my wifes opinion and we fully respect that other people have thier own opinions and they will all differ. I just really do not see what the problem is at all with the extended season. somebody mentioned earlier that they would have to get tickets for all the events during the winter, well i have had it confirmed that tickets can be booked in the office anf that there is no cost. i have booked tickets for every event and fully intend to attand them all and get the enjoyment out of my extra fees. please feel free to comment on this post, i believe there is nothing offensive in this post and as i have said it is only my opinion.

Thank you jacktherat........ our only purpose is to make people aware and highlight the unfair and unjust rules and regulations caravan park owners impose on caravan owners.

Thanks for your support.

Red Rebel

May be if the rules were fair, and imposed Unilatterally they may gain some respect.

The only thing that is common to all are price increases.

People go on about secret meetings in the sandy cove and paying money to join groups against the camp, but all those people have paid their money.

Hi monchenblue,

Could you please tell me what would have happened to those people who didn't pay the extra £595.

I know what would happen........they would have there vans disconnected and towed off the site.

People have been bullied into paying the extra amount part way through the season. If they hadn't payed they either faced paying thousands to move to another park or lose thousands if they sold up. So its blatantly obvious why people would choose to pay even though they disagree.

Red Rebel

Edited by Red Rebel
spelling mistake

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

Hi monchenblue,

Could you please tell me what would have happened to those people who didn't pay the extra £595.

I know what would happen........they would have there vans disconnected and towed off the site.

People have been bullied into paying the extra amount part way through the season. If they hadn't payed they either faced paying thousands to move to another park or lose thousands if they sold up. So its blatantly obvious why people would choose to pay even though they disagree.

Red Rebel

you have asked me a question and then answered it. why bother asking me if you are going to answer for me. when the initial letter came out did it give everybody an option to sell or move or pay? i take it you own a caravan on golden sands and have paid your money? if that is the case then why did you pay? if you say it is bullying. if you own a caravan you must remember that you own a caravan on the park and not the park. golden sands is a business and people obviously run the business to a set of criteria laid down by the management. owners are not involved in this process. if you were in their shoes you would think totally different. when it was official that the site would be 12 months was that the first you had heard of it. if that is the case i would be surprised, if not did you think that they would say here you go 4 months for free and we will arrange loads of functions and enetertainment every weekend and employ the staff to serve you for free? i will not answer your questions.

if you did not want the twelve months and the owners are such tyrants why stay i just dont get it personally. people have said on here that other sites are welcoming owners from golden sands and the letter did state that your caravan would be disconnected for free, so you could have moved at a small cost and then left your caravan unused for four months on another site at no cost. i dont know why alot of people have stated that there are is so much wrong with the owners, and the site has so many dislikes to peoples personal tastes. WHY ON EARTH DO THEY ALL WANT TO STAY? if the owners of other sites are so much better and there sites are better then why not move and have a shorter season on your chosen site. Mr Clarke did state that they would listen to people who had difficulties with the payments should approach the management.

too many people happy to moan and not highlight any ggod points, i had a grivance and i aired with Mr Clarke at the breakfast well after 10 when it was supposed to have finished. i was asured that i would have it sorted and have since recieved follow up from staff involved. i am content with all responses i have had and think that the 12 months is a great idea. people say who would want to come to rhyl in december? why is it like marbella in july and august? NO its not get real !!!! People go on about secret meetings in the sandy cove and paying money to join groups against the camp, but all those people have paid their money. i will happy to be subsidised if people do not want to come during the extra months and will be able to sit comfortably in the bar without owners sniping and looking at you because you havent been there for years as if you shouldnt be sat near the bar and when you leave with the kids they are almost sat on your n#knee before you get off your chair. please accept that this is both mine and my wifes opinion and we fully respect that other people have thier own opinions and they will all differ. I just really do not see what the problem is at all with the extended season. somebody mentioned earlier that they would have to get tickets for all the events during the winter, well i have had it confirmed that tickets can be booked in the office anf that there is no cost. i have booked tickets for every event and fully intend to attand them all and get the enjoyment out of my extra fees. please feel free to comment on this post, i believe there is nothing offensive in this post and as i have said it is only my opinion.

Ok monchenblue, I'll answer each point separately.

You are moaning about poeple not highlighting any good points, Maybe you should remind them what they are. I'm sure people will agree with you when you point them out .(that is if they are good for the majority)

There is no substance in this, not a shred of evidence or proof.

If you want to know about kinmel bay out of season ask the locals

How can these meetings be secret when everyone knows about them?

even you!

If you think they have all paid then you have not got a clue! and have been misinformed.

so in answer to your comments just ice. if people havent paid as you sateted and the owners are that bad, that they were going to disconnect, move your caravan and then bill you, then why havent they when the deadline has passed. as for kinmel bay, as i said earlier it is not paradise in summer and it depends what you have a caravan for as to what you use it for. ie to chill out and get away from your normal surroundings, i stated secret because someone first approached us in the club and told us there was a meeting but not to mention it near the sales or site staff.

finally i think there are many good points on the site which is the sole reason we bought on the site. you obviously dont see any good points about golden sands so sell up and move to what you think is a decent site. I would list the club, entertainment, pool, cleanliness, staff being helpful to me and the seafront location as good points. and the plans for further improvements. If i did not like the site i would move to one i liked. i am not trying to disrespect anyone as i will keep stating people have thier own opinions and like different things and obviously golden sands is not for you. as for me posting personal details on this forum about my grievance, then why should i for all to see. i do not need to lie to anybody or make things up, i am a genuine owner on golden sands and wanted to air my views as you have with the negatives, a forum is a place just for this. from your views i have just read can i take that you once had a caravan on golden sands and have now moved? that must be the case as you do not like anything about the site. and if you do still have one on the site i am shocked.

Why am I not surprised that you are happy to be subsidised. The shortage of seats was caused by management allocating more space for retail and less for people.

The extended season is great for those who want it, but they should bear the full costof it.

In the winter entertainment guide all of the party nights have limited tickets and some have aditional costs. There is no mention of being able to pre-book tickets. Also if you have booked tickets to every event then you are obviously a selfish person.

Sacre blue Monchenblue your true colour is showing through.

Back to the same old management quote "if you don't like it move off"

The people who over the years who have made this Park what it is today, are the people you want to push off. During the last 12 months things have begun to detiorate.

The good points you have named are exactly the ones named by happy owner and Happy as larry (how strange).

the point of this thread is to help each other by discussing problems we have or had, and so giving hope to those with similar problems. You don't want to help so why are you here.

your comment about not being offensive also ties you to happy as larry.

The last news letter said that mr clark will inform every one what is happening.

How come you know before any one else?

Edited by just-ice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks