Golden Sands Rhyl...........Late payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help..........I was given till 3pm on Saturday to pay the balance of the site fee (£1800 already paid) or the caravan will be disconnected and licence terminated. Having spoken to the site manager explaining that we will have the money in a couple of days, he would not back down and authorised the disconnection of our van this happened at 3.20pm some 20 minutes after the deadline. We then had to come home the family was devastated. I have called today to pay what is owed only to be told it is too late and the caravan is in the process of being moved off, we are now in a great deal of distress and cannot believe the heavy handedness of the owners who have not long taken over the running of the park. Can they treat people this way........we were never told at any stage that our caravan would be moved off if not payed by the deadline.

Edited by Red Rebel

Come on the mighty reds!!!!!!

Lloyds TSB - Success - 14/7/07

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

Tip my scales if I have been of assistance :D

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Red Rebel,

just been on Golden Sands website and amongst there why buy at Golden Sands it says 'Friendly and Approachable Staff.' Well, does not sound like it.

Changed hands on 2 May 2008 from the Jones family after 75 successful years.

Yes, and they had 75 successful years by treating the customer with respect

Who do these cowboys think they are? After you have already paid 1800

what do they want BLOOD ?:mad:

After the fiasco with the Gas Certificate, you could try Rhyl trading standards or nearest one available.

Cheers.

Supporting Arsenal tonight:)

• 1 month later...

I believe that golden sands were acting like cowboys too by disconnecting your caravan all because you were slightly late with the second part of your site fee!:mad:

The new owners believe me are money mad.I'm a caravan owner myself on Golden sands and received a letter from the director Michael Clark on 23rd June informing me that the site has been granted a license to stay open all year round and the extra cost of this will be £595 per caravan!! It then mentioned in the letter that all caravan owners have to agree to this or they will be asked to leave the park or sell their caravan back to golden sands!! I don't want to keep my caravan open anyway during the winter months(who in their right right mind wants to visit Rhyl in January!)and as a caravan owner i'm being blackmailed into forking out the extra cash along with all the other owners without having a choice in the matter!! THE OWNERS OF GOLDEN SANDS ARE BLOODY MONEY MAD AND WOULD PROBABLY SELL THEIR OWN GRANNIES MAKE MONEY!!:-o

Hi Dasa48,

Thanks for your support, the owners of Golden Sands are a disgrace :mad:. My bro in law is still on the site and showed me the letter regarding the 12 month season and have a cheek asking owners to stump up more money part way through a season (can they legally do this?). I personally think they have realised caravans are sitting on pitches during the winter months not making any money so £595 x 300 approx makes a tidy sum dont you think and on top of that extra fuel costs!!. As for the like it or lump it attitude, I am not surprised they dont give a damn about the people on the park its all about money and dont think you have seen the last of the increases.

I am glad I am off the park now it has been spoilt by the greedy men who run it :mad:. Marine Park will allow you to move your caravan onto there site without the need to purchase another caravan like most parks stipulate. So if you decide to reject there money making scheme there is an option. Marine Park have made us feel welcome and the facilities are far better.

Keep me informed of developments

Red Rebel

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

Hi Red Rebel.

Thanks for telling me about the Marine Holiday Park.I've contacted the park and they seem really nice:D I've got an appointment with John from the sales office on monday (29th June) at 11.30am to move my caravan there.

Has your brother in law still got his caravan on Golden Sands or like me,is he also looking at moving it to Marine Holiday Park?

With Golden Sands now open for 12 months,you're right about the caravan owners still there not seeing the last of the increases as they could end up paying council tax on top of the site fees!(due to the caravan park allowing the owners to stay in their caravans any time of year)

I will keep you posted on how i get on once i've been to the sales office at Marine Park as i'm in Rhyl tomorrow(27th June) for one week.The sooner i see the back of Golden Sands and its rude staff,the better and i'm sure you'll agree Red Rebel:cool:

Hi dasa48,

My bro in law hasnt decided what to do yet as he sub-lets his caravan through Golden Sands and initially wanted to see out all bookings before moving to Marine Park.

I spoke to John from Marine Park on Sat (27th June), he told me he has had 3 requests from people on Golden Sands to bring there caravans on the park and that there are only a few pitches left. They are really nice to deal with and gave us a nice bottle of wine, a card and a box of chocs when we moved on :). Totally different to the RUDE OBNOXIOUS staff at Golden Sands.

Red Rebel.

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

• 4 weeks later...

Hi as a caravan owner on golden sands I fully agree with what you are both saying. Do either of you have a copy of the code of practice that should have been given to you with your licence agreement? If so I recomend that you follow the complaint's procedure. and involve the OFT for that area (CONWY). the more of us that do this the better. Dont let the TYRANTS win.

Hi

I am a caravan owner at Golden Sands, I have been there for 6 years now. I can say that I am really happy with what is happening to the park, it is so much better now with all the changes and the new owners have already spent a lot of money making the park better. My kids just love the weekends.

We have paid our extra site fees already and cant wait to use the park all the time, so much better than sitting at home each weekend with the kids board with nothing to do but get into trouble.

We have already let our caravan out for £400 for two weeks in December and we have another family who want to book the kids school holiday in Feb for £300, we will actually make more money from the extra season.

As for Marine Park, we looked there when my friends wanted to buy a caravan last year, it is a horrible park in a horrible location, so much trouble and poor standards, they bought at Golden Sands too and love it as much as us.

Hi Happyowner,

I can't understand how you think the changes have improved the park. Adding extra vans is only benefichial to the management. It's obvious you are a week-ender and have never been on site early and late season when everything is closed mid-week. How old are your kids?

Would you still be happy with the 12 month season if you had to pay the full cost instead of being subsidised by owners who don't want it. All owners should have a choice.

Hi

We use the caravan every weekend, but this year we came for two weeks in April and everything was open every day! The new owners have said that the club and pool will be open every weekend through the winter and they have got lots of Christmas and New Year parties planned, we are all over the moon with it, best thing that could have happened.

Our kids are 6 and 8.

We have just recieved a letter from the park owners telling us that we are now being given free WI FI worth £125 which holiday makers have to pay for, also there will be no further site fee increase next year due to low inflation.

I know some people may not be pleased with all the new changes, but all of our friends who own caravans on the park really love what is happeneing down there and we cant wait to see what money they spend on the park next year. The old park owners didnt spend anything on the park and the new club house and entertainment this year has been nothing short of brilliant, it is great to see that the extra money we pay is being spent back on the park unlike other park owners who never spend anything.

Golden Sands is by far the best park in the area, we know becuase we looked at most of them. You just need to decide if you want to stay there with all the changes or move on, you cant stop progress!!!

Hi

I notice you didn't comment on being subsidised by other caravan owners!

or improvements to the site, apart from the club, which is not to everyones taste.

All the Christmas and New Year parties you will be attending (if you can get the tickets). you will have to rent your van out for another week to pay for them. and don't forget you have paid extra site fees for the club to be opened. Christmas day nothing is open, So you will have to cook your Xmas dinner in the van, won't that be fun!

If you enjoyed the entertainment you are easily pleased. 99% of it is directed at children. Nothing for teen-agers or adults.

Apart from demolishing the arcade and pushing more vans on the site only the club has slightly changed. The only other change is the increase in the number of sales-men hanging arround.

I am happy to be left alone If you want progress you pay for it!

All your so-called improvements don't benefit the majority in the least.

Edited by just-ice

Hi

You cant buy a caravan on a park and expect it to stay exactly the same year after year after year, that simply does not happen!! At least the changes on Golden Sands are to benefit the customers on it.

I think it is all a matter of choice and if there are parks that take owners on for free then you should move to one, I really dont think anything is going to change at Golden Sands.

If you dont want to use your caravan in the winter why dont you book it out and get the rent for it? If you only got £100 per week you could get up to £1,600 in extra income???

I simply dont see the big deal in it all, as mentioned before all of my friends (who we met on the park) love it and not one would want to go back to how it was.

We are going to upgrade our caravan next month so we have double glazing and central heating to use through the winter, the point in telling you this is that thay offered us £8000 for our caravan in px and we only paid £9,500 6 years ago, they cant be just after our money as they wont be making much on the sales if they offer all owners these types of deals!

Hi Happyowner

You should be a politition 'cos you havent answered a question yet.

Your attitude is the same as management, are you sure your a van owner?

Every year under the previous owners improvements were made to benefit the caravan owners. If you had been on the site for six years you would know this to be true. I can remember all the changes. tell me what you remember!

Edited by just-ice

Just becuase you dont like the changes does not mean all of the rest of us should agree with you. We love it there, love the changes and so do the kids (which keeps them quiet).

I have been there with the Jones family owning the park and I dont remember any money being spent at all, not a penny. All they did was build new bases insead of the old ones, as this didnt affect my pitch I didnt really care about that.

The nursery is gone but then it was not there for caravan owners?

I have seen formus like this before where people only want to use them to vent their spleen, people who disagree get slated!

What other question do you have then?

Can you tell me what the old owners did to improve the park? Becuase I didnt see anything?

Why dont you answer me when I suggest renting out your caravan to covert the extra costs like we have?

happyowner

there are non so blind as those who will not see.

Been there done that. I do not want the hassle with the damage they cause.

At least I'm answering your questions why arn't you?

My site fees over the years have helped to make the site what it was (the best in the area) So why should I move off for you to make more profit.

If you can't remember any improvements, then you haven't been here as long as you are trying to make out.

the answers you have given are only the things that have happened since the new management came in.

People who disagree with this management don't get slated they get ousted!

There is no compromise, they won't even discuss it. they want us to accept it or move off. Well I don't intend to go anywhere.

I didnt join this site to try and boost Golden Sands, merely to give my opinion that we are really pleased with the extended 12 month season and that we love the park and how it has changed!

You obviously have your opinions which are different that mine, what else can I say?

Please list what changed on the park over the last 4 or 5 years of the previous park owners, I did not get an answer?

The park is the best in the area, that is true, but if you really feel so bad then why stay? I really really dont see what staying on park you are not happy with will achieve? Life is too short? If we didnt like it for whatever reason I would move in a flash, simple.

We dont earn enough money to be able to stop renting it out, I wish we didnt have to as you do get wear and tear. We could not afford to have the caravan at all if we didnt rent it, we need to get at least £2,000 in bookings each year to be able to keep it.

It is going to cost us an extra £100 per month to buy the new caravan but we hope to cover it by putting our prices up next year as we will have a bigger caravan with an extra bedroom. The site have said they can rent it for us but we get more per booking than they do after you take out their commision.

Hi happyowner

I asked you the question! Obviously you don't know.

You keep saying you like the changes but you havent given any examples of the changes you like.

If you didn't like it with the previous owners why are you still there?

Ok, I didnt like the entertianment, I thought it was bland, we stopped using the club and now we are in their every weekend.

We like the fact that the arcade is under the same roof as the club, so that the kids dont have to go outside in the dark and cross the road to get to the arcade (our kids love the 2p games). We didnt let them go over to the old arcade at night.

I like the rule change that measn no kids are alowed on the park after 11pm without their parents, this was getting out of hand before.

I like the fact that I can have free WI FI now, we didnt even have WI FI before, this means my husband can do his work without having to go home if he needs it.

I like the fact that the new club has a heater that works, it used to be freezing in there in the winter.

Shall I go on???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks