do bailiff firms suspend enforcement action when replying to a fees breakdown?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If I question their charges using a pro-forma letter and put at the bottom of my letter that could they kindly put a hold on enforcement action until I've had a chance to read and digest their reply (say 5 days), will they honour this request?

I can't see they would as there's nothing in it for them.

surely the question is if their level of charges are lawful.

what type of debt is it & what have they demanded?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

phone the council and ask how much the liability order was for that was sent to the bailiffs

if you think you have been overcharged ask the council to put your account in dispute and get them to stop any bailiff action until you have a break down of there fees

basically a bailiff can charge for 2 visits (not letters sent by post)1st visit £24.50 2nd £18 if there has been no levy

sometimes a bailiff will put a levy on a car that may be in your drive or on the street next to your house however if they have done this they must have left a form 7 to confirm this

if the council try to fob you off remind them that the bailiff is working for the council as there agent and you believe that the bailiff has added unlawful charges explain that you are not going to pay the bailiff until you get a break down of there charges

then start paying the council on-line don't pay the bailiff

sometimes a bailiff will put a levy on a car that may be in your drive or on the street next to your house however if they have done this they must have left a form 7 to confirm this

I have a problem at the moment where the Bailiff has added a van charge to my account. I have disputed this as no levy was carried out but I have just had a reply from the Bailiff telling me a levy was carried out on a car parked outside my home. I don't own a car so how can they levy on something that does not belong to me? Is this illegal?

write to the bailiffs and ask them to remove the levy for the car and all charges relating to it van fees

tell them that you have informed them that it is not your property and if the do not remove the charges you will file a form 4 to the court for unlawful charges

any complaints about bailiffs should also be sent to the council

aways send recorded delivery and keep copy of receipt

write to the bailiffs and ask them to remove the levy for the car and all charges relating to it van fees

tell them that you have informed them that it is not your property and if the do not remove the charges you will file a form 4 to the court for unlawful charges

any complaints about bailiffs should also be sent to the council

aways send recorded delivery and keep copy of receipt

Thanks for the info. Very much appreciated.

I am totally amazed that these Bailiffs act illegally and continue to get away with it.

WABCO if you need more help please start your own thread

when you write to the bailiffs company ask for a screenshot of your account

this will be a great help to you if you have to use the form 4 complaint

No, that's fine, I don't mind as it was useful to know.

Thanks for the answers, people.