Barclycard, Barclays joint bank, Barclays mortgage?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3582 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Most likely another of BC's debt collection monkeys.

:)

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks slick,

Would it be presumptious of me to think that after 4 DCAs, BCard dont have my CCA. It just seems logical that if they did, they would have shown their hand at this stage?

Hi catuk,

It is more than likely that BC do not have your documentation, if they have any it probably will not be enforcable through the courts. However always work on the basis that they might just have something. They are slow to take people to court, preferring to attempt to make your life a misery with dca cretins and they seem to be quite slow in selling alleged debts off. There are examples around of them actually only selling debts on when they know they are completely unenforcable. In general just sit it out, from what you have said here as usual the Mercers/Calders/Debt Managers documenation is defective and they have unlawfully rescinded the alleged agreement anyway. Properly defended the worst case scenario is that they can now only ever claim the correct amount of arrears owing at the time of the termination, never the full outstanding balance. Plus the bonus for you is that due to the unlawful recission you are entitled to claim damages for this unlawful act as per the Koprahor case some time ago. There is a complex but very comprehensive discussion going on in a thread "Invalid Default Notices" in the Debt Collection forum. It is well worth the time spent on reading it. What I have said above is merely a comment on the whole picture there.

regards

oilyrag.:)

• 9 months later...

Hi, just a quick update to say since my post above in April 2010, I haven't had a phonecall,letter,nothing. I dont presume to say that's the end of it..........:|