• Tweets

• 20 million quid on just the brokering fee for a crappy deal with the UK public hocked to pay more for PPE - which was probably useless with better and cheaper per item with no 20 million quid fee - available from alibaba Stinks of corruption to me.  
    • Breaking News Biden wins Kennedy family endorsement Fifteen members of the storied Kennedy political family endorsed U.S. President Joe Biden at a Philadelphia campaign event on Thursday, with some joining him onstage, in a rebuke of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's independent bid for the White House. and 30 members in the extended Kennedy family   nytimes.com WWW.NYTIMES.COM Kennedys endorse Biden over their relative RFK Jr WWW.BBC.CO.UK Robert F Kennedy Jr is running for president as an independent - but many family members oppose him. More than a dozen Kennedy family members endorse Biden, snub RFK Jr. | CBC News WWW.CBC.CA President Joe Biden accepted endorsements from at least 15 members of the Kennedy political family during a campaign stop...  
    • Speaking of Frost and Johnson the corrupt liars' grate deal they forced through   Shortages of life saving medicines has become ‘new normal’ for UK after Brexit WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK ‘The medicines supply chain is broken at every level,’ warns Dr Leyla Hannbeck   "Professor Tamara Hervey, of the City Law School, said: “There is nothing inevitable about this ‘new normal’ where Great Britain is isolated in efforts to manage fragilities in global supply of the products and people we need to run the NHS. It is the consequence of policy choices and those could be different.”     Mind you, the private sector is making hays while the NHS is burned. Private health insurance market grows by £385m in a year amid NHS crisis | Private healthcare | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Demand for private treatment booms as NHS waiting lists remain long, while more people also sign up for dental cover  
    • That's an idea on Maquarie. On being accountable, you also have to blame Ofwat and possibly the Environment Agency although they've been badly defunded. I put the Frost article up for balance.  
    • I agree HB, but there were no laws broken - its perfectly legal to fleece the UK and its infrastructure - and labour were little better than the Tories Perhaps an option would be to ban the aussie investment fund from the UKs markets
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

LBL CCA Licence - Important Information

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thought you might all like to know the following information:

The OFT have minded Log Books Loans of their intention to 'revoke' their licence!!

This was done on the 13th March 2009 and the information can be found on the Public Register of the OFT website.

Where you have an issue with Log Book Loans, or where you feel you are being treated unfairly - NOW is the best time to email and report your issues directly to the OFT.

Where you have a court case on-going, may I recommend you print off and take a copy of the license registration details of Log Book Loans to the hearing - the fact that the intention to revoke shows - this will give the Judge a good idea of the type of company he is presiding over and may help your case.

Also, when you go to court take a copy of the Debt collection guidelines of the OFT and in your defence make reference to the sections within it that Log Book Loans have contravened. This will help your case.

Judges may think that all we are looking to do is to 'get a-way' from paying Log Book Loans......but the principle is that - I don't think there is any one of us who would have entered into a loan with Log Book other than in good faith, with every intention to pay them.... but when we find our civil rights are being denied and when we find that they have not offered the loan in good faith..... It truly is time for all of us - all those who have had occassion to make a complaint via this action group to 'step-up' and NOW is the time where your reporting Log Book Loans to the OFT should make a big difference - not only for you but for all of us.

Lets get back to the days when taking money from a licensed lender was in good faith on both parts, and stamp these illegal practices out NOW, whilst we have a chance.....

I sent my email to the OFT today....;.I implore you all to do the same ..... they need to know....if they don't have your evidence.....Log Book will be back......................................

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy that the information is out.......but taking Jon's advise this thread could be lost and the information is important for all LBL customers to know in my opinion.......

There are a number of things we need to shout about - lets not forget that this forum is called 'the consumer ACTION group'. and I believe it is not called that for no good reason - I think it means lets DO something to empower all consumers.

I think all regular posters are to be applauded...because they would have had an input in ensuring the OFT had enough evidence to get the matter to this stage.

As the matter takes pace - I would ask for your help - I am new to the site..... and I haven't quite worked out how to post a new thread that will get this message out to the masses - so's to speak

Those of you who do know.....can I ask for your assistance please.... to get the information across the forum to ensure everybody is aware of the impended possible revocation of the LBL licence or a possible change in their business practices?

Thank You all in anticipation.

For anyone who could not easily access the information I attach a copy below...alongwith the OFT guidelines for debt collection agents who hold a licence.

Licence Details of log book loans.txt

oft664 Debt Collection Guidance.pdf

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

does it say on there why they r revoking it

I've only found the following -

The OFT can refuse or revoke a licence if it decides that a trader is not fit to hold one. Where there are substantiated doubts about a trader's fitness, the OFT issues a 'Minded to Refuse' or 'Minded to Revoke' Notice (MTR). This is a formal notice letting the trader know that the OFT is minded to refuse to grant a licence or to revoke an existing licence. It sets out the reasons for the proposed action with supporting evidence. Under s34 of the Act, the trader has the right to respond to the Notice by making written and/or oral representations to an Adjudicating Officer, who acts for and on behalf of the OFT.

Does anyone knows what happens to the companies debtors should they lose their license?

I've only found the following -

The OFT can refuse or revoke a licence if it decides that a trader is not fit to hold one. Where there are substantiated doubts about a trader's fitness, the OFT issues a 'Minded to Refuse' or 'Minded to Revoke' Notice (MTR). This is a formal notice letting the trader know that the OFT is minded to refuse to grant a licence or to revoke an existing licence. It sets out the reasons for the proposed action with supporting evidence. Under s34 of the Act, the trader has the right to respond to the Notice by making written and/or oral representations to an Adjudicating Officer, who acts for and on behalf of the OFT.

Does anyone knows what happens to the companies debtors should they lose their license?

The revocation does NOT affect any agreements before the date of the revocation HOWEVER if you apply to the court for any sort of relief then the revocation is evidence which supports allegations of misconduct against the creditor

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

The revocation does NOT affect any agreements before the date of the revocation HOWEVER if you apply to the court for any sort of relief then the revocation is evidence which supports allegations of misconduct against the creditor

Thanks for this - I've just been accepted for legal aid and will make sure my solicitor is aware. They have already proven the BOS was incorrectly executed.

• 1 month later...

Information moved to new thread and stickied.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi,

i've been following the whole issue with LBL for a few months now, it seems that there are a lot of different story's as to LBL's CCL. I've been in combat with LBL for about 2 years now and decided a few months ago to research the whole company. for anyone fighting LBL.....KEEP GOING...i will be glad to help anyone in any way possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Been keeping up to date with all your comments. I'm in trouble with logbook. After loosing my job, and my familly home, they are coming for my car! Trading standards have been very helpfull in identifying that inconsistencies with the agreement, however the fact remains that logbook are ruthless and wether or not the contract is 'unenforcable' no amount of threats from myself have any effect. They have passed it to the bailiffs, and they told me they dont care about the contract, their job is to collect my car!!!

Dont worry my car is hidden and i have moved! they'll have to pull my dead hands off the wheel to get it!!

With that in mind, we can go on talking about it on here, or do something about it.

I have been in touch with the 'News Of The World' paper and the 'Sunday Mirror'. The journalist from the mirror is coming around in the next few days with a photographer to do the story as he has had it authorised by his editor.

WHOS WITH ME ON THIS????

Lets smash them to pieces, expose them for what they are especially as there has been this contoversy with BrightHouse.

Their Credit lisence is in the spot light, and who better to put preasure on the OFT than national jounalists!!!

P.S. I have also sent an email to the prime minister, (not that he's going to read it) but if we all do it you never know.... Google 10 downing street.

Regards,

Georic.

We had part of our story in the daily mirror recently, the rest will be going in when we have more information from our solicitor. Hope having the story in the paper helps.

We didn't have a loan from lbl we done a car swap and the car we ended up with had a loan on it.

Great News..... if Gordan and his merry men can be exposed - then what say LBL's and the like?

Yes Credit were exposed last week - it was interesting to hear the OFT's comment, which was along the lines of 'we are working with Yes Car Credit to see what we can do to resolve the issue'

My interpretation of this is 'we haven't written a guideline yet for what to do in this instance and we are drafting one up as quickly as we can - to allow them to keep trading unlawfully.....'

Ha.... apparently the Director of Yes Credit was 'exempt' from his disqualification at the time in order to get a licence in the first place - what baloney!!!

Rant over......

It is a serious issue - these companies have involved so many vunerable consumers in their schemes.. that the burden placed on organisations such as the OFT must be huge; how do you take out a company, that has 0000000's of consumers embroiled in credit agreements that have been drawn up where a blatant abuse of laws and regulations have been and continue to be made?? and how do you do it swiftly - when the monies that are being paid by the consumer is tied up in the overall finances of the economy?

The mind boggles.

:confused:

Hi all log book fans,

I spoke to Stephensons solicitors today, and they are confident of their abilities to:

• Stop any further action on my car (currently in hiding).
  • Prove the agreement to be 'unenforceable'
  • Discredit the Bill Of Sale

They are claiming a 97% success rate against log book loans. And they are even doing it through legal aid.

Has anyone had any dealings with these guys? What are they like? Is it too good to be true?

Some people's experience of Stephensons has not been so good, but then I'm sure most companies have some clients are happier with the results than others. You need to weigh up the pros and cons of what's likely to be best for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2011035.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2011916.html

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks