LOWELL anyone had dealings with these???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone..

Just a quick note ....has anyone had any dealings with LOWELL FINANCIAL???

I have sent them a letter stating that the debt they want payment for isnt mine!!! To which they ignored!!!!! I then recieved another letter from the stating that if i didnt pay or ring them within 7 days they will send out a baliff........I have since written yet another letter to them saying that the debt isnt mine and today i recieved this letter......

Dear *** *****

We thank you for your letter dated 30th march and apologise for the delay in our response.

Your coments have been noted and we can advise that the debt relates to an Additions acoount reference **********. The account was opened on 21st March 2002 and last payment on the account was 5th Decemeber 2007.

We trust this helps clarify the situation and look forward to recieving your repayment proposala in due course.

Sorry i had to type the letter out as my scanner isnt working at the moment...

Can i just add that it isnt my debt as i have only just come back to England in September after living in Australia for 6 years!!!!!!!

Any help or advise would be gratefuly recieved!!!!

Thanks in advance

Summer

Just write & tell them that, adding that if they continue with collection activities you will make a complaint to the OFT because they are in clear breach of guidelines by not ensuring they are contacting the correct person.

Just write & tell them that,

Australia hey! 'Welcome back':p

There is a letter template here which you can use to tell them that you are unaware of any debt.

Give them the template letter linked below through the letterbox or chained door.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resour...ep-visit-.html

Tell them to leave as you have nothing to discuss and all communication must be in writing.

Tell them you will call the police if they don't leave immediately.

Remain calm and polite at all times.

Walk away from the door so the visitor cannot try and talk to you.

If they don't leave, call the police to report that you are being harassed and the visitor refuses to leave.

You can also find other letter templates that may be of use to you at the above link.

As for Lowell, they are affectionately known as 'LowLifes' and many many people on here have had dealings with them, I doubt any were good :mad:

Send them your letter, but make sure it is recorded delivery, as they tend to go missing :eek:

And print your name, or get your own computer generated signature here!

Once you know they have received your letter, ignore them they soon go away, they may waste a few hectares of forest in writing to you with empty threats and endless attempts to get you to pay into their Christmas party fund, just use them for your rabbits or gerbils:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Summer :)

Just popping by to say "good luck" in your dealing with the Lowell bozos.

They are renowned for ignoring peoples correspondence and continuously harrassing them (myself included). You're not alone with this - have a good read round the forums and you will see what antics they get up to...and do report them! :mad:

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Hi Spiritgirl

Thanks for the reply !!! I have had a good read on the Forum and seen what they have tried!! Lets just say this time they have picked on the wrong person.....So bring it on LOWELL :lol: