• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

DLC/Young and Pearce claimform - old Welcome Finance credit agreement **WON DISCd**

jb000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks so much everyone.

I will keep tuning into the thread to await further news.

I am going to acknowledge service with the court next week and totally defend the claim. I would also love to hit them for the ppi and unlawful charges.

So any help you can provide would be most grateful

jb000

PS Default notice is orginal, not a photocopy, was sent to me September 2008 by post.

Edited by jb000
added text

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has the letter heading been cut off due to the scan or is it blank above ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

jboo

ill give some teasers to begin with

the default notice is crap to beging with

all you will be liable for are any arears up to the date of the notice , thats it, kiss the rest goodby.

i believe they have charged interest on the acceptance fee before the total charge for credit

thats to be confirmed

thats a bad copy,

what i would like you to do is write out the figures and a plus b plus c etc in the correct colums and ammounts

its the bit that says ammount of credit and total ammount of loan and figures

checking on something as yours is an old agreement

you need two colums, one for the finance and one for the micky mouse insurance, also i believe you need to sign accepting the insurance products,

thats two signatures

thats to be confirmed as the rules might have changed

there are no list of charges on the agreement

no total ammount payable

do you still have any policy docs for those insurance products or did you infact get any

medicare

they saw you comming

that lots just off the top of my head

like i said

ill get on with this over the weekend

i just realised its dlc

they were not happy with me when i pointed out those things on my agreement.

they know full well these agreements are crap, thats why they are trying to get a judgement by default or as quick as possible

this claim is going noware

you need to send the sols a cpr request for specific info

ill post it later for you

you can smile now

dlc have yet another lemon and they are not a major player in the dca stakes:D

Have a read of this post where the intricate details of Default Notices are dissected by Banker_Rhymes_With

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2166205.html

In your case, Welcome Finance did not provide you with the required 14 days to remedy the breach as required by section 88, Consumer Credit Act 1974

• Haha 1

If the DN is invalid, then we recommend you go for a strike out. You can do this when you fill in the AQ or make an appliaction (costs £40)

The default letter was blank.

Thanks everybody I am just so overwhelmed. I am so grateful of the help from you guys. I am in your hands and will start the ball rolling.

hi postggj

The only other document I have is called insurance suitability which I will scan later. I do not have any insurance policies, come to think of it there was probably no paperwork sent to me after the loan was taken out. When I CCA'd them all I got was the Credit Agreement, Application Form and the insurance suitability form which I signed.

In your earlier post you asked me to display the figures.

These are:

Amount used to settle existing loan £ 1196.83 (a)

Amount of new cash advanced £ 803.17 (b)

Medicare 24 £ 150.00 ©

(Optional) Payment Protection £ 687.41 (h)

Amount of Credit £ 2837.41 (i)

Acceptance Fee £ 75.00 (j)

Total Amount of loan £ 2912.41 (k)

default notice to begin with

also failings with the agreement

dont start me on the micky mouse insurance and commission payments

welcome refuse to answer certain questions

thats three court claims now where the sols have given up

a court ordered them to on the last one,

they threw in the towel

its to incriminating

yep

andie who is also due in court next month has also got an disclosure order from the judge ref welcome/direct group and norwich union ref the true cost of the policies and any undeclared commission payments

just waiting now for welcome to make andie an offer

Details of breach of agreement and action required to remedy, or pay compensation for, the breach

A specification of:--

(a) the provision of the agreement alleged to have been breached; and

(b) the nature of the alleged breach of the agreement, specifying clearly the matters complained of; and either

© if the breach is capable of remedy, what action is required to remedy it and the date, being a date [not less than fourteen days] after the date of service of the notice, before which that action is to be taken; or

(d) if the breach is not capable of remedy, the sum (if any) required to be paid as compensation for the breach and the date, being a date [not less than fourteen days] after the date of service of the notice, before which it is to be paid.

I think that is pretty conclusive that the Regs require a date not the words "fourteen days"

yep

andie who is also due in court next month has also got an disclosure order from the judge ref welcome/direct group and norwich union ref the true cost of the policies and any undeclared commission payments

just waiting now for welcome to make andie an offer

Where's your justification for this one, postie...?

Hi everyone,

I'm going to acknowledge service with Northampton County Court tomorrow stating that I am going to defend the claim, and my defence will be produced later.

In the meantime I am going to write to their solicitors Young and Pearce for all information held on me from Welcome Finance under the civil procedure rules. Can anybody reccommend a suitable template letter for me to send to the solicitors.

I will let you all know of any further developments.

Many thanks jb000

Edited by jb000

Filed acknowledgement of service disputing claim. and sent CPR 31.14 request to their solicitors.

So now it's a case of seeing what they come up with.

I will keep you all posted of any futher developments.

jb000

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to get worried now, 28 days are up on the 9th June, still have'nt heard anything about the CPR 31.14 request from Young and Pearce solicitors. When would be time to put in the 'embarrased defence' and how would I go about it.

Many thanks

jb000

joung and pearce sol;s

thats a new one on me, not our friend mr cohen

mind you he has not been having much luck

i would do the embarrassed defence

if this goes as normal

you will get a letter from the sols saying they have discontinued

welcome dont like releasing the dirty laundry in court

it SMELLS to much

The default letter was blank.

So the DN came in the post with no Letter head or registered office details on it ??

I think that is pretty conclusive that the Regs require a date not the words "fourteen days"

JB, what was the date on your claim form. You said you received it on the 14th May.

You get 5 days from the date of issue then 14 days to acknowledge then a further 14 days to submit your defence, either in full or embarrassed.

I make 9th June = 26 days since you have RECEIVED the docs

If you havent received any documents from the solicitors then you are going to have to go with an embarrassed defence. Do make sure you get it on time (perhaps a day or 2 before the due date) to avoid getting a judgement by default.

BTW, exactly what did the POC say :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

Claim form was dated 12th May, CPR Request 18 May

Sent off Embarressed Defence today by recorded delivery, so may have jumped the gun slightly, but wanted to get things in well before time because I know Welcome Finance only too well I would not put past them doing a mucky trick.

POC only stated that (allegedly) I owe them £XXXX and they are seeking to recover.