Parking Fees to pay for visiting beaches?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

i'm not sure if i am in the right thread. but just wondering if this is right paying 2 to 3 pounds for parking down beaches in peak hours?

Apple

NatWest - MCOL issued 31/07/06; NW acknowledged 03/08/06; NW Defended 31/08/06; Cobbetts offered 60% 27/09/06; NW settled in FULL!!!! 07/10/06

Halifax cc - LBA sent 27/07/06; No Chance

First Direct - Data Protection Act sent 25/07/06; PRELIM sent 07/08/06; Offer received 12/08/06; Refused 18/08/06; 2nd offer rec'd 23/08/06 £1405 without interest (£172) and we accepted:grin:

If the area is owned by either a council or privately, and that organisation states there is a charge, then yes....

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

in this case, the beaches we oftenly visit to must be owned by the council. i just found it quite strange and a bit off really

Apple

NatWest - MCOL issued 31/07/06; NW acknowledged 03/08/06; NW Defended 31/08/06; Cobbetts offered 60% 27/09/06; NW settled in FULL!!!! 07/10/06

First Direct - Data Protection Act sent 25/07/06; PRELIM sent 07/08/06; Offer received 12/08/06; Refused 18/08/06; 2nd offer rec'd 23/08/06 £1405 without interest (£172) and we accepted:grin:

Hi, Just to cheer you up,we have charges on the beaches in this area. The local council (the fourth worst in the country) don't own the beach but they own a small area of concrete at the entrance and they charge people to drive over it! They also allow events on said beach, which they charge the companies for staging them, but they don't own the beach, they charge ice cream vans for the sell on the beach, but they don't own etc.

If you are disabled the charge you for parking on the beach, but say that you can have an extra hour because of your disability. They do the same thing in the towns car parks. As I have pointed out to them more than once, when you are disabled you need to go from one place to another by car. In doing so you have to pay for more than one stop in a car park, so the council is getting even more money from the disabled than the ablebodied motorist. Walking from one place to another is not an option if you have a bad heart, arthritis and a few other disabilities.

They take no notice what so ever, and in some cases the wheelchair access to the ticket machines is so bad that you can be hit by passing cars, or even roll down a slope into the path of cars exiting the car park. This council say they are not discriminating against the disabled but since the laws came in they have done nothing to make the car parks disablity friendly.

I even ran a campaign in the local papers to no avail, the cretins in the council ignored me. Even though there were pictures of me in a wheelchair trying to get a ticket from two of the machines. One person did write in and say "Well you could ask people to get a ticket for you"! How demeaning is that?

I don't want to have to keep asking total strangers to help me do simple things like this.

These days it looks as if local councils will try and extort money from you any way they can. They don't care how they do it as long as they can feather their own nest and make the local caouncil offices like palaces with all mod-cons.

The trouble is that we all seem to sit back and let them do it. Why?

i know, this is disgustingly outragious! do wonder what is our council tax paying for. really, all they do is picking up rubbish for us once a week and nothing.

by the way, what are they charging for? life guards on site? they finish by 6:00! cleaning the beach? we were told to pick up our rubbish anyway.

if the fees are going to cover the costs of life guards and rubbish picking, they definitely making hugh profit everyday.

i am sorry with your situation, which council department you were complaining to? why don't you gather more people complain to such disability association or organisation against the council.

correct me if i am wrong, the council has the duty and the responsibilty to make everything/where safe for everyone. so if there are some access to ticket machines is hazard to wheelchair user, this can be a Health & Safety issue.

Apple

Apple