Clamping "consultation"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think the proposals here are at risk of legitimising a criminal industry.

BBC NEWS | UK | Drivers consulted on clamping law

The consultation questionnaire is somewhat limited.

Licensing of wheel clamping businesses | Home Office

I would hope that any additional comments sent with the questionnaire might be taken into account???

It proposes a number of conditions which would have to be met to secure a licence, relating to signage, penalties, appeals and towing.

Penalties!! What penalties??

Off to a great start if they don't even recognise that these PPCs can only levy a CHARGE and not a PENALTY

Well I've filled it in and sent it, but got to agree, the questions, few as they are, are not very wide ranging for such a sensitive subject.

I have of course advocated the Scottish system as the only sensible solution. :)

If anyone wishes to join in the consultation and fill in the form to either email or post, this is the link:

Licensing of wheel clamping businesses | Home Office

There aren't any questions asking if you think clamping should be outlawed, (as it is in Scotland), but I hope you will send in responses by the thousand.

There aren't any questions asking if you think clamping should be outlawed, (as it is in Scotland), but I hope you will send in responses by the thousand.

No there aren't, but question 1 asks which option you prefer. As none of the offered options included outlawing, the comments box seemed quite appropriate for my suggestion. :)

I have of course advocated the Scottish system as the only sensible solution. :)

Which is one of the reasons I find there proposals such a nonsense... Perhaps they want to avoid parking anarchy - especially if Private Parking En forcement is seen to be made a laughing stock, they want some form of keeping the natives under control, but reduce the size of the (financial) handcuffs?