KAZZAW v Lloyds Asset Card - EVERYONE READ post 15 & post 219 !!!!!!

kazzaw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I@ve notice this lately in my Halifax account. Where I've been 2 minutes late making sure funds are there, and they would usually have slapped a chage on instantly, they haven't lately. Fingers crossed.

Halifax are still being W@nk*rs with me.

I have a standing order that goes from my account to my bills.

It goes over on the 23rd of each month without fail. Yesterday i get a letter saying the are charging me £39 each for 2 standing orders that they returned. Even though the funds were available, they refused to repay the charge saying that their T&C's clearly state funds must be in the account up to 48 hours before hand. Not a happy bunny.

Halifax are next on my hit list after lloyds.

(Sorry to moan on this thread) :D

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kazzaw. Very interesting thread. Fingers crossed you get your settlement soon.

I have sent you a pm.

Jax

Marbles/HSBC - SETTLED IN FULL

Beneficial/HSBC - SETTLED IN FULL 01/08/2006

NatWest Cr Cd - SETTLED IN FULL in respect of default judgement obtained 06/09/06

Natwest - SETTLED IN FULL 20/10/06

Abbey T/A Business Account - SETTLED IN FULL 07/03/2006 :grin:

Abbey Current Account - SETTLED IN FULL 16/03/2006 :grin:

Citi - SETTLED IN FULL 17/05/2007 :D

Natwest Business Account - On going

Let me get this right.

Not only have they not listened, but they have now brought in new rules where you have to pay in advance!

Smells of IF's policy of having a cleared balance of £1500.00, else you will incur a charge.

As a business, the banks have to get their money from somewhere, if the charges scenario is cut off, they will have to find other methods.

Tide

In case anyone was wondering, although the Radio 4 presenter said the case was settled I haven't received my money yet. LTSB told the Court that the case was settled before the Court Order deadline so didn't send in the information requested!! They tried to settle but with conditions that I'm not prepared to accept.

I have passed on information to Newark County Court & the Senior Judge is looking at my file on Monday.

As soon as they have settled I will post the details. It's a bit delicate at present! ;)

FIRST DIRECT: £4751.86 SETTLED IN FULL 5/07/06 :-)

TESCO VISA CARD: £90 SETTLED IN FULL 12/08/06 :)

LLOYDS TSB: £4403.59 SETTLED IN FULL 17/08/06 :)

EGG: £451.52 SETTLED IN FULL 18/01/07 :)

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

LTSB told the Court that the case was settled before the Court Order deadline so didn't send in the information requested!!

blinking cheek!!

all the best with it kazzaw

LOL, possibly the FIRST time I listen to Radio 4 and what a good programme!

It was interesting that the judge they interviewed said he'd like to see a bank in court to see what came of it...

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|

Might be a long shot, but I'm just wondering if the knock-on effect of this decision is already being felt elsewhere. We know the banks and their lawyers read this forum and am sure they all listened to the Radio 4 report; so they're aware of his ruling and they know we are.

I say this because over in the NatWest forum in the last week there are many tales of people who have had settlement after only sending a Prelim Letter, including one chap who got over £4000.

Are we reaching a stage where the banks may be afraid to go to court in case other judges hand down this same ruling as that in Kazza's case?

Just a thought.

OB.

Please read the Stickies and FAQs. Your question may have been answered already.

Old Bear vs. NatWest - won after first letter £600

Mrs Bear vs. Studio - won after first letter £360

Old Bear vs. Abbey - won after first letter - only £50, but it's the principle

Old Bear vs. Black Horse - £117 of charges wiped off 2 loans, but more WILL follow

Mrs Bear vs. Index (Littlewoods) - SAR sent - 2/2/2007

Has anybody heard of an interview on Radio 2 tonight regarding the delivery of 70,000 customer details to the wrong address? A friend says a number of boxes were delivered, and all the envelopes contained had handwritten addresses on the outside. It was apparently aired about 18:30.

A word of advice, from my own experince of Lloyds people need to be aware that they are not to be trusted. I received a written offer from their solicitors offerring to settle my claim which they reneged on after I had accepted it and had cancelled the hearing. Leaving me without a court hearing and money. So I'd keep any case involving Lloyds running untill you get cleared funds.

A word of advice, from my own experince of Lloyds people need to be aware that they are not to be trusted. I received a written offer from their solicitors offerring to settle my claim which they reneged on after I had accepted it and had cancelled the hearing. Leaving me without a court hearing and money. So I'd keep any case involving Lloyds running untill you get cleared funds.

Surely if it was a written offer, you have some evidence to use and take some further action to ensure offer is fulfilled ?

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Hotoman, it doesn't matter what they wrote since the defendant cancelled the claim. ( Edited for clarification see comments in post 198 )

It is a golden rule that you don't cancel the claim until you have cleared funds in your account. I am surprised that the court didn't make sure, not that i think its their job, simply that every time i have been in that situation the court have asked have you got cleared funds let us know when you have.

You always tell the defendant you want the money within 7 days if you don't get it you carry on with your action.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

PHotoman, it doesn't matter what they wrote since the defendant cancelled the claim, breach of promise isn't an offence as far as I'm aware.

It is a golden rule that you don't cancel the claim until you have cleared funds in your account. I am surprised that the court didn't make sure, not that i think its their job, simply that every time i have been in that situation the court have asked have you got cleared funds let us know when you have.

You always tell the defendant you want the money within 7 days if you don't get it you carry on with your action.

HTH

Glenn

Agreed, "It aint over till the fat lady sings" !!!

Only fulfil any agreement on your behalf to to end an action once you see those pound signs as cleared funds actually in your account, and that is the way i would play things, and hopefully all on this site would do same.

Maybe this advice should be posted in the FAQ's or a big highlited sticky somewhere ??

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

If SCM have made you an offer and you have accepted it (either orally, writing or by conduct), then you have a binding contract. If the offer is conditional on paying a sum and that sum has not been paid then Lloyds are in breach and you are entitled to a remedy.

You cannot revoke an offer after it has been accepted.

To pursue your remedy commence proceedings against LTSB and then make an application for summary judgement. I would do a LBA giving them 7 days first.

However before all this Odine start you own thread.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

The problem isn't that they have a contract which has been breached, the problem is that the claimant has cancelled their claim and so to reclaim the money owed they have to initiate court action again.

Back to square one, sorry if my earlier post implied that they don't have a claim, but that was not what i was getting at. ive edited my earlier post to make it clearer.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

glenn I'm not sure I'm with you, Lloyds made an offer, odine accepted, that is a binding contract. In my view, the claim wouldn't have to be started again, odine has the proof to threaten them with an action for breach of contract and they don't have a leg to stand on.

OK Bong agreed, he/she can go back and ask.

incidentally it would depend on proof of the offer/acceptance being available, I'm not sure we know how the offer was made and accepted which would be material to the situation, at least in the sense of making life easy to prove what was going on.

If the bank don't comply then the claimant may have to start an action (not the claim though) to get the money.

Perhaps the OP can confirm whether he has the stuff to kick their legs from under them. whilst i agree to verbal contracts being valid, the difficulty is in proving what that contract actually was.

I do agree that they can ask and may well get the money by threatening the arguments you make. however i think the key is whether there is some substantiation to the facts.

All in all a real bummer to end up with this problem at this stage,

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA