Making a complaint against ebay?

lulu1981
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Try these numbers 020 8605 3000.....or call USA and ask for GOD +18003229266 or 020 8605 3028 The last one is Crime & Ebay. Potentially go to your Police Station, get a crime number and then back door that way. Any probs get back in touch. I am working on a line to head of USA to make the UK complaints process easier.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will make you laugh.

Last week I got a DCA letter demanding £279 for eBay fees unpaid from an eBay 'acknowledged' fraudulent attempt to buy my mobile phone for £10,000! I have no intention of paying this 'fee' because - get this - eBay emailed me to say they had spotted a fraudulent attempt to buy my mobile phone. Incredible!

And all this was in 2005!

After many attempts (back then) to ask eBay to stop proceedings, unlock my account and allow me sell again - I ended having to create a completely new account. Don't get me started on my Paypal account!

Utterly crap. I appreciate they have limited people and rely almost entirely on automated systems, but even by most dot.com standards their customer service is worst than appalling!

Ha ha ha I did in the end find the email address of the GOD OF EBAY! I sent him a simple email at 16.15hrs and I got a sniveling phone call from UK customer services at 16.35 offering me what ever I wanted.

The dude at the Global Head f Ebay is actually a cool bloke. But as for the rest of Ebay....a shocking shower of sh*t. They offer worse customer service than SKY, Vodafone and BT put together. (Sky on its own is a staggering bunch of idiots)

Well done for posting your story

Hello everybody, I joined this forum just so I could vent about ebay before my head explodes.

I recently tried to sell a PC but found the pages were spammed by companies selling literally thousands of similar items burying my item so even though it was competitively priced i knew it wouldn't sell.

Okay, since I had sellers fees to pay when I had no chance of selling my item I wanted to complain but of course ebay make it impossible to actually do that in a meaningful way.

I was already amazed at the 10% final value fee and then they charge you again for selling and again if you use Paypal which you have to offer. What a rip off.

Never mind, I decided to sell privately and got a buyer immediately who wanted to pay through paypal - they sent the money and delivery address -Nigeria!

I wondered why they were offering £80 shipping and I replied that was far too much, doh!

My stupid fault for assuming they were in the UK so we had a chat and I was to find out the cost of shipping and they would send the extra money or we would cancel the transaction if it were over £80 more.

All this happened last night so this morning I awoke ready to get to the post office and get the exact cost of shipping but before doing so checked my email.

What I found was this nasty little email from paypals accountants;

"This is to notify you that funds has been made available to your account from name withheld Any failure to respond to this notification you will be liable to a fine of £2000:00 GBP. Also your account will be BLOCKED in line with PayPal New Anti Fraud Policy"

This came with a link that didn't even work where I was supposed to send the details of postage.

I wanted to climb in the monitor and grab these little chicken necks by the throat since I had been up until 2AM in the morning trying to help my buyer including letting them know I would pay any cancellation costs if I couldn't deliver. So basically they were threatening me and giving me a 12 hour deadline even though the payment was on hold until the transaction was completed and it was the first hour of the first working day I had sent the invoice.

That was enough for me to convince me what a third rate bunch of [problem] artists ebay and Paypa are (one and the same - just another way to fleece people)

So I went immediately to ebay to close my account and after jumping through hoops got to the final confirmation to close my account only to be told that since I just paid the fee for NOT selling my item I had to wait 30 days to close my account! Paypal samee thing, have to wait before I get rid of these parasites too.

I guess ebay must still work for some private sellers and good luck to them, I, quite literally, can not close my account quick enough!

Good riddance ebay and Paypal.

• 2 weeks later...

This one I don't believe - you were S-C-A-M-M-E-D!!!

You were about to send your item to a s-c-a-m-m-e-r and lose everything and you're getting het up about it??? I do hope you have not sent that pc.

Have you checked to see if those emails were kosher or have you fallen for the next nasty of giving away your account details? Paypal is lousy, but they don't send emails threatening you with a fine if you don't send an item.

Change your passwords, run as many scans as you can on your equipment and maybe get a bit more savvy about selling online and be grateful you still have your pc!!

Oh - and you could have listed your item for free on a free listing weekend.

AND - Amazon charge a whole load more than eBay does.

I wouldn't of been scammed. No way I send anything unless I have the money secured. I already changed by Paypal account as soon as I discovered it was overseas, can't be too careful.

Anyway I closed my Paypal account along with ebay - they are a waste of time for private sellers.

But in this case neither eBay nor Paypal are at fault or have done anything wrong.

The point you miss is that even if you had received the funds and downloaded them to your account, the way this s-c-a-m works would mean that payment would be reversed after you'd sent the item.

Closing down your paypal account makes no difference.

Neither eBay nor Paypal are reliably good when it comes to serious buyer or seller protection, but a lot also depends on users knowing how to protect themselves and get the best out of both sites.

And as things stand, it's the market that is flooded with people trying to sell anything to raise money during this recession, which is not eBay's fault and s-c-a-m-m-e-r-s out there know that a lot of people will be desperate for a sale and will take risks but not advice on keeping safe.

• 1 month later...

I have just had a major problem with ebay. Ebay have removed a listing but they have suspended my selling activity of all branded designer clothing shoes and accessories and this is my line of work. I acted in good faith and would never sell a counterfeit item.. Ebay did not ask me to provide information ontheir origin or ask for any evidence of where they came from-they didn't ask me to justify this (even though we do not have proof of purchase now). I am a top rated seller with 100% positive feedback. I have never had a breach on my account before and my compliance policy standard is high. I have been reading about other peoples problems and see there are a lot of unhappy people out there who heave dealt with ebay, this is an understatement. . The reasons why they have restricted my account have not matched their criteria. I e-mailed them to explain this, going through each category of criteria for suspending activity and explaining that my account did not meet this criteria. Also I explained about the e-mail i received about the breach being removed and that my account would not be effected by the breach. They responded that they have made their decision and my account will remain suspended. They did not give me a warning and another chance, they did the opposite and told me my account would not be effected and then suspended my activity.

Due to the harsh treatment that ebay delivers, would anyone who has had similar cases happen to them be interested in clubbing together to take legal action against ebay? to finally put a stop to this so they cannot continue with this unfair and unjust treatment. The more people there are the more effective the results will be.

Edited by rachael44

• 1 month later...

I was a day late 13/01/13 in lodging a claim for no refund from a seller (due to being on vacation 3 weeks) and ebay don't want to know. They say report to police - police say civil matter, not fraud. Ebay do not actually read the details of my complaint/ claim but reply with standard answers, repeating themselves in each communication. So unprofessional.

Goods returned to seller, proof of delivery obtained (signed by the seller), out of office messages from seller claiming to be so busy that all refunds/orders will be processed, hang on in there. Nothing. Many attempts to contact seller by email/phone - no luck. I paid by Paypal 27/11/12. I work within 10 miles of seller and could post all his details on here! Not a good idea to knock on door (police say dodgy area) for my own safety. Seller no longer registered on ebay - so that's probably why I am not getting anywhere with Ebay!!! anyone any ideas please?

HADARDLIFE, send them a letter before action by recorded delivery. Below is one supplied to me by Trading Standards when I was having a dispute with an Ebay seller:

Dear Sirs,

Re: Refund of payment of £XXX following return of XXXXXXXXXXx

On XXX2012 I returned a XXXX and you agreed that you would refund the payment of £XXXX

I have a proof of delivery proving that you received the goods on XXXX2012

I now wish to make time of the essence and unless I receive the refund of £XXXX by XXXX2012 (give 14 days for them to pay) I will hold you in breach of our agreement and appropriate action will be taken to recover the amount due including any court costs incurred.

Yours faithfully

If they don't pay, go to Money Claim Online and issue a summons.

• 1 month later...

those people with issues contained in this thread

please follow the link below to start your own thread

issue are being hidden from getting help by posting on an old existing thread

no-one sees

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks