• Tweets

• This is the other sign  parking sign 1a.pdf
    • 4 means that they need to name and then tell the people who will be affected that there has been an application made, what the application relates to (specificially "whether it relates to the exercise of the court’s jurisdiction in relation to P’s property and affairs, or P’s personal welfare, or to both) and what this application contains (i.e what order they want made as a result of it) 5 just means that teh court think it is important that the relevant people are notified 7 means that the court need more information to make the application, hence they have then made the order of paragraph 1 which requires the applicant to do more - this means the court can't make a decision with the current information, and need more, hence paragraph one of the order is for the applicant to do more. paragraph 3 of the order gives you the ability to have it set aside, although if it was made in january you are very late. Were you notiifed of the application or not?    
    • These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cento Client Review and missing loans.co.uk data

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

got done today be cento, the fee must have gone up, i paid them £149 over the phone & they said they would be sending the forms out to me in the post so i'll be on the phone to them first thing in the morning asking for the fee back as i have not signed anything yet. I cant believe i've been taken in by these people but when you are desperate i suppose you try anything for a way out !

Hi Potless

It is a pity that you did not research them before parting with your £149. Insist that they pay you back and keep at them until you do.

I have read a horror story on Money Saving Expert, where they want the guy to stop paying his monthly money Northern Rock and pay the money to their solicitor instead £265. When I spoke to Cento they said their solicitors were Forbes Douglas, but having done some research they are not solicitors but just a claims management company. I belive this guy will get into loads of problems including being defaulted by Northern Rock and possible repossession.

If have a chance also do some research - you just have to google Cento Client Review....

Also, did you at anytime have any dealings with Loans.co.uk?

Also, remember anything they can do for a fee can be achieved here on CAG free of charge and you will not be putting yourself at risk.

Tuttsi

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be wrong - but I thought loans.co.uk were part of the GE Money group - with companies like Purple Loans etc..

Not sure if that helps at all - but GE have a huge list of companies that belong to them.

Hi Elizabeth

Loans.co.uk are connected to MBNA who in turn is ulimately owned by the Bank of America. I have done a full and thorough search of each directors at Loans.co.uk, many of them are also directors of MBNA's different companies as well as many other companies. Not one of them are connected as directors to GE Money. But I do know for sure that GE Money is also connected to MBNA as part of the same group and I fully intend to do a full director search on GE Money to see where else there directors are based.

Tuttsi xx

Hi Tuttsi & all. spoke to cento this morning & i got through to a customer service manager who offered to give me a refund but after a few insults i threw his way calling them a [causing problems] co etc i listened to what he had to say & if at any time i am not satisfied i can still get a refund, i also told him i am not happy to pay any future credit card payments to any solicitors which he said was fine they can work around that & i am happy to give them the benefit of the doubt for the moment & i'll see what they come back with.

Regading Forbes Douglas, i have found another company who they are involved with:

Refunds Direct Limited 23 Westfield Park, Bristol, BS6 6LT - Company Registration no: 05072219

Registered HM Revenue & Customs Agent: M8972R - Data Protection Registration no: PZ9940647

Refunds Direct Limited is regulated by the Ministry of Justice in respect of regulated claim management activities;

its registration is CRM16309 and is recorded on the website www.claimsregulation.gov.uk

Does anyone know anything about these people ? They all seem to have a registration number with the claims registration governing body.

Be good to find anybody who has had a success with cento review.

i'll keep you all informed on how i get on with them...

Hi Elizabeth

Loans.co.uk are connected to MBNA who in turn is ulimately owned by the Bank of America. I have done a full and thorough search of each directors at Loans.co.uk, many of them are also directors of MBNA's different companies as well as many other companies. Not one of them are connected as directors to GE Money. But I do know for sure that GE Money is also connected to MBNA as part of the same group and I fully intend to do a full director search on GE Money to see where else there directors are based.

Tuttsi xx

Thanks TUTTSI - I knew there was some kind of link to GE - I just couldn't remember how they linked in.

I just thought it was worth a mention - cause Loans.co.uk and purple loans always target GE customers offering refinance etc.. - it's always worth researching these flyers to look at the backbone of these companies cause there are usually links to companies there.

These flyers are not usually as innocent as we first thought :rolleyes: there's usually a load of data sharing going on etc..

Hi Tuttsi & all. spoke to cento this morning & i got through to a customer service manager who offered to give me a refund but after a few insults i threw his way calling them a [causing problems] co etc i listened to what he had to say & if at any time i am not satisfied i can still get a refund, i also told him i am not happy to pay any future credit card payments to any solicitors which he said was fine they can work around that & i am happy to give them the benefit of the doubt for the moment & i'll see what they come back with.

Regading Forbes Douglas, i have found another company who they are involved with:

Refunds Direct Limited 23 Westfield Park, Bristol, BS6 6LT - Company Registration no: 05072219

Registered HM Revenue & Customs Agent: M8972R - Data Protection Registration no: PZ9940647

Refunds Direct Limited is regulated by the Ministry of Justice in respect of regulated claim management activities;

its registration is CRM16309 and is recorded on the website www.claimsregulation.gov.uk

Does anyone know anything about these people ? They all seem to have a registration number with the claims registration governing body.

Be good to find anybody who has had a success with cento review.

i'll keep you all informed on how i get on with them...

I did a TV interview today with BBC 1 which should be shown all being well on Saturday 7am - 9am other interviewees include the Ministry of Justice, Citizen advice and another consumer who actually paid £265 to one of these companies.

There is also press release to day on another on of these companies called UPI Ltd who I believe use the same call centre as Cento and who who have been fined fined a lot of money. Please google UPI Ltd and Cento Client Review and do some more research.

Please read this about UPI http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2009/06/upis-bank-charge-claims-dont-s.html#more

I wish you luck with your quest and please keep us posted.

By the way the company called Forbes Douglas that Cento call their solicitors are only a claims management company and are definately not solicitors as Cento claim that they are.

Also from all the company searches I have done so far none of the companies have been trading long enough to have accounts.

Tuttsi

Edited by TUTTSI

the "Incorporation Date 03/07/2008", is this when the company was first formed ? if so the guy on the phone said they had been trading for 3 years !

Yep thats right, not long enough to have accounts and or have a track record and certainly not been trading for 3 years. They are also linked to to another company called mysimpleclaim Ltd.

http://c-pages.co.uk/simple1/contact.html

Good luck

Tuttsi

• Haha 1

asked for my money back yesterday & cento said i need to send the pack back which they sent out before i get my money back, it came today which i sent straight back recorded delivery to:

Cento Client Review

9 Axis Court

Riverside Business Park

Mallard Way

Swansea SA7 0AJ

Unfortunately my interview was not shown on the BBC 1 news yesterday morning but this is the blog from the BBC website.

Ministry warns on debt write-offs

By Brian Milligan

Business reporter, BBC News

999999.gif

_45875045_sharrock226.jpg Mr Sharrock says he paid a fee but received no service

The Ministry of Justice has warned consumers about the dangers of trying to get debts written off.

They say hundreds of claims management companies are charging large up-front fees, and making misleading claims about the chances of success.

Steve Sharrock, an oil engineer from Manchester, received a phone call from one such company, out of the blue.

They told him there was a 99.9% chance that they could get his credit card debts written off entirely.

This was because the credit card companies may have made mistakes in the paperwork which would breach the Consumer Credit Act.

'Con'

But after paying an upfront fee of £275, Mr Sharrock never heard from the company again.

"It's just a [problem]," he told the BBC.

o.gifstart_quote_rb.gif If there is a genuine issue about debt, the right thing is to talk to your lender first, not to find some other way of wiping your debt end_quote_rb.gif

Kevin Rousell, Ministry of Justice

"They're obviously only concerned about getting money off you as quickly as they can. It's a con."

The company that approached Mr Sharrock wasn't licensed by the Ministry of Justice.

But even amongst more legitimate claims companies, consumer groups say the assertions they make in their adverts are often misleading.

Typically one company claims on its website that "80% of all credit agreements may be unenforceable".

In other words, the chances of getting your debts written off are high.

'Talk to lender'

But the Citizens Advice Bureau believes such figures are completely unrealistic.

Sue Edwards, the CAB's head of consumer policy, says the chances of getting any debts written off in this way are "probably quite slim."

The Ministry of Justice has already issued two warnings about such claims. But with new companies springing up every week, the ministry is struggling to keep up with them.

Kevin Rousell from the ministry suggests consumers should never pay any money up front, and they should find other ways of getting rid of debt

"If there is a genuine issue about debt, the right thing is to talk to your lender first, not to find some other way of wiping your debt," he said.

The Ministry now has a team of 34 enforcement officers in the Midlands, including five new recruits. Their job is to crack down on misleading claims, and, if necessary, remove operating licences.

'Angry'

But it isn't only people with credit card debt who are being targeted by the claims companies.

Denise Silverstein, from north London, was surprised to receive a phone call in April, from a company offering to wipe her mortgage debt of £3,000. In fact she had paid off the mortgage some time ago.

She was asked to pay £50 up front, but "found out at a later stage that they would take another 20%".

She was also upset that she and her husband had been cold-called, on an ex-directory number.

"I feel very angry," she added.

A judge at Chester Crown Court has estimated that as many as 100,000 people may now be trying to get their debts written off via the courts. So even if some of them are eventually successful, it will take a long time for their cases to be proven.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

just read your info about Cento Client Review! only wish i'd done this before i paid them £149.99 last month! via being cold called!! and told they would help with several issues i have one being an endowment morgage!!

but also when you recieve there pack they also want another £10 cheque or postal order payable to the lender per claim which i was not told about!! i contacted them with in the 14 days cancellation period saying i was not going to give them anymore money!! they then said they would waiver the £10's then unfortunatly i was taken ill and been to hospital as torn 2 disks in my back so 2 days ago i re contacted them as i have found out and they confirmed you can not claim if cards have been paid off and over 6 years also loans over 6 years and my morgage i had a problem with was taken out in 1993 and an endowment morgage which i told them!! and we re morgaged june 2006 which is the only claim they can possibly help us with but we have been very happy with this bank!!

my husband said forget it we are not sending them any personal detail looks like a [problem] and im very upset i was taken in!! i have contacted them today and they have said they can refund my £110 once i have returned there pack 1st!! as a good gesture MMM! but charge me £39.99 admin fee!! which i still feel is too much but if i send them my new morgage details they could look into this and if no claim could be made would give me full refund!! funny how they can then!! but not NOW!!

I only hope people read this first and not part with any money!! i will repot this to the ministry of justice and all goverment bodies i can untill it is delt with!! i feel such a fool to be taken in!! also interested to see that some of you say about having there data stolen via loans.co.uk which i also did so yet another connection!!

At least i dont feel alone in this!! they are so unfair to keep hounding people who have already lost money and feel betrayed by the legal system and banks etc

If you have a call from Cento please make a note of callers name, time and date of call and the telephone number you were called on and send it to [email protected] and ask that the call be reviewed with an outline of any misleading claims they may have made.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Thanks Your Bank, you have given very sound advice, not just for Cento but any of the Claims Managagment Services.

This is the interview which I had in the NEWS OF THE WORLD today.

Families are being ripped off by dodgy claims companies | News | News Of The World

Misty3, I am very sorry that were unable to research this company before parting with your money. Please let us know what the MOJ say when you write. Also, write a letter of complaint to Cento Client Review, tell them how unhappy you are that they misled you.

Thankyou also for confirming the Loans.co.uk... I am still working on this and hope to be writing to the ICO and Watford Police in due course.

Other people have returned the pack and have eventually got their money back. I would send it back by special delivery - signed for... and then nag them every day till the cheque arrives. It appears that they do not refund by credit card, which I find odd.

If I can help any further please let me know - we are all in the same boat and the idea of our personal data being sold on again is a great worry.

Tuttsi

Hi all. As most of you know by now I have had some big probs with my mortgage company who I also have a secured loan with. I have been trying to get something on them for some time now. I feel I was mis sold my mortgage as I origionally contacted a company called TML who said they would "search the market" for my mortagage. This market searching gave me a mortgage with Kensington Mortagages who actually owned TML and at the time I had no idea they were sub prime. I also feel ripped off with my secured loan again with Kensington and was hoping to go down the unfair relationships route with that but due to my lack of knowledge I have had to put it all on hold.

Any way today I had a call from a comapny called Cento Client Review who are based in Swansea. They say they are working with the Ministry of Justice and that the solicitors are called Forbs and douglas (may have spelt that wrong). It is all done on a no win no fee basis and if I win they take 25% off the winnings which I thought was actually resonable. Cento wanted an upfront payment though of £99 which I could ask for back if I dont wish to carry on. Also if I dont win they pay it back as well. The website is www.centoclientreview.co.uk. Now usually I dont believ in paying out to these sort of companies for things you can do yourself like bank charges and PPI ect ect but like I said this is out of my debth any way. What do you all think????

olives xx

Olive, if the issue is the misselling then it will be TML that you will have to sort out, although owned by Kensington legally they will be a seperate company, you will have to prove that TML did not search the whole of the market and you were not informed they would not search the whole of the market.

you need to look at the original Fact find and determine what type of advice they told you they were going to give you, on the back of that you may have a claim. When did you take the mortgage out?

Meph

Hi just letting you know i am supporting you,i know how you have been treated by Kensington.As someones just asked on your thread ,what date your mortgage,loan was taken out,i feel i know.It was when kensington,moneypartners and tml were drinking out of the same cup.Tml were sold by Kensington http://www.citywire.co.uk/adviser/-/news/market-and-shares/content.aspx?ID=282798 and went into administration shortly afterwards and http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/2029154.collapsed_tml_owe%20d_1_6m/ i have got info on the lot of them,they make you sick.All subprimers do.To make things right with everyone would cost so much,and probably wont happen no matter what investigations are carried out,FBI are investigating in America and say it could take years.Some things are so transparent they dont need evidence,to us anyway.Advertising and promotion expenditure incurred by the wholly owned subsidiary

TML Financial Solutions has been reclassified from fees and commissions payable

to operating expenses.

2005-Kensington-mmm----------14 Jan 2008

Goldman Sachs buys Money Partners

Speculation surrounding the future of specialist lender Money Partners ended last week with the news it has been bought by Goldman Sachs.

Money Partners appointed Pricewater*houseCoopers last Sep*tember to help it source outside investment, amid concerns over funding lines after the near-complete shutdown of the securitisation market (mortgagesolutions-online.com, 27/09/07). The move means Money Partners will be the only UK lender to be owned outright by Goldman Sachs – the only investment bank to escape write-downs in the aftermath of the US sub-prime crisis.

Money Partners declined to comment on how the business might change as a result of the deal.Best wishes Olive family from Tawnyowl who will allways support you with your battles with Kensington,right down to the wire.Anyone who disagrees with fighting the Kensingtons of this world please dont try to change my opinion as i wont try to change yours,lets just agree to disagree.And as for Investec buying them-- http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/south-african-bank-pays-163283m-for-troubled-kensington-mortgages-451128.html the market was allready going pear shaped in America,but thats another story.Bye for now Tawnyowl best wishes to you and your family.

user_online.gifforward.gif reply_small.gif

Edited by tawnyowl

Hi all. I have not been on the forums for a little while. I have had a few things to deal with at home and my poor old brain just could not cope. i am getting on top of it all now so I am back.

I have just read all of these posts and there is so much info. The phone calls have stopped now so they must have got the message.

Mephistopheles, Thankyou for ther advice.. I just donot know where to begin with this. I took the mortgatge out around 2003. It was a re-mortgage. I can't even remember why we done it. TML are no longer around. Kensington shut them done a few years back. This is why I am a bit stuck. How can I complain to a company that no longer trading. They were defo searching the market as even the T.V ads said this would be the case. I just find it odd that they sold us a mortgage that was from a company that owned them and then had the courtisy to charge us over £2000 for the privelige which went on the mortgage as well.

Tawny, your support is greatly received. It is so great to hear from you. Hope you are keeping well.

Tuttsi, I am gonna PM you.

thanx all

olives xx

Hi all. I have not been on the forums for a little while. I have had a few things to deal with at home and my poor old brain just could not cope. i am getting on top of it all now so I am back.

I have just read all of these posts and there is so much info. The phone calls have stopped now so they must have got the message.

Mephistopheles, Thankyou for ther advice.. I just donot know where to begin with this. I took the mortgatge out around 2003. It was a re-mortgage. I can't even remember why we done it. TML are no longer around. Kensington shut them done a few years back. This is why I am a bit stuck. How can I complain to a company that no longer trading. They were defo searching the market as even the T.V ads said this would be the case. I just find it odd that they sold us a mortgage that was from a company that owned them and then had the courtisy to charge us over £2000 for the privelige which went on the mortgage as well.

Tawny, your support is greatly received. It is so great to hear from you. Hope you are keeping well.

Tuttsi, I am gonna PM you.

thanx all

olives xx

Hi Olive,

back then, it was common practice to say that, wrong I know but many brokers where little more than conduits to the lender, seems like exactly what happened to you. As to come back, well that's pre-regulation days and therefore enforcement is somewhat voluntary through the CML (if kensington where even a member at the time and through MCOB rules, non enforceable guidelines).

You can still complain to the company, you just need to find out who owns it or its debt or liability, given the close connection to Kensington, there complaints fept is the best step outlining that their wholey owned intermediary told you it would search the whole of market for you. Did you at that time have any credit issues? CCj's arrears etc, see what their response is, then revert with a letter about misselling and request they investigate or you will refer to the ombudsman.

Meph

Hello Tuttsi,

This is a very informative thread and many thanks for the info in your posts and highlighting this problem in your news article.

Love to you and your family.

Termi

x

Thanks Termi,

There was a lot more that was said but the time was cut and the bare minimum was put in. The interesting thing is that the MOJ - have said that you should not be paying an upfront fee.

Anyone who has been cold called by any claims management companies should complain to the MOJ.

I will let you have my autograph, next time we meet?

By the way when is the next London meet?

Just to let everyone know I actually made contact with Loans.co.uk Director yesterday and he is looking into all my concerns with regards to the stolen data back in 2007 and hopefully he is going to help me resolve this matter, but only time will tell.

Tuttsi x

• 1 month later...
Hi Potless

It is a pity that you did not research them before parting with your £149. Insist that they pay you back and keep at them until you do.

I have read a horror story on Money Saving Expert, where they want the guy to stop paying his monthly money Northern Rock and pay the money to their solicitor instead £265. When I spoke to Cento they said their solicitors were Forbes Douglas, but having done some research they are not solicitors but just a claims management company. I belive this guy will get into loads of problems including being defaulted by Northern Rock and possible repossession.

If have a chance also do some research - you just have to google Cento Client Review....

Also, did you at anytime have any dealings with Loans.co.uk?

Also, remember anything they can do for a fee can be achieved here on CAG free of charge and you will not be putting yourself at risk.

Tuttsi

a claims management company is a business that offers claims management services to the public. which is carried out by solicitors specializing in advice or services in respect of claims for

compensation, restitution, repayment or any other remedy for loss or damage, or in respect of some other obligation

a claims management company is a business that offers claims management services to the public. which is carried out by solicitors specializing in advice or services in respect of claims for

compensation, restitution, repayment or any other remedy for loss or damage, or in respect of some other obligation

a claims management company is also a business that can't do anything, that you can't do for yourself ;).

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

I haven't read through the whole thread, so I don't know if I'm repeating something already provided by other eminent caggers.

I've recently learnt some stuff on "no win - no fee" (NWNF). As I understand it, there are two types of NWNF fee arrangements: conditional fee agreements and the other one:D!

The conditional fee agreement is one where there are no up front costs. If you win your case out of court the solicitor will take 25% of any monies recovered (which I believe can still be claimed from the other side - not sure:idea:). If you end up in court, you have to pay, on winning, all the basic costs of the solicitor.

With the other one, you pay an up front base fee of around £300 for the solicitor to consider your case. Thereafter (again if you win), all costs are recovered from the other side.

In both instances, solicitors are allowed to up their fee rates as they have to take some preliminary cost risks. If you lose, the losses are insured (insured by the solicitor). Ultimately, whichever way it goes, if a solicitor is willing to operate on a NWNF basis, chances are you have a good case.

Now let's deal with the intermediaries. There are companies being set up in a business that is potentially worth £5 billion (or so I've read somewhere) that will "package" mis-selling claims and for a fee will "audit" CCA regulated agreements for enforceability or deal with PPI claims etc. There will be honest johns out there with panels of solicitors who will do what they say, as they state on their particular tin, but there are others that will no doubt set up, take the money (usually up to £300) and either, they'll do an "audit" and then tell you that you have no case, or you'll never hear from them again.

Unfortunately, the distress of so many debtors is such that this is inevitable - where there's the smell of raw cash there are sharks - if there weren't this forum would not exist:(.

I wouldn't hand a bean over to these people; you're better talking to recognised charitable organisations who might be in a position to put you in touch with solicitors they know and trust - or carry on doing it yourself.;)

M1

OK, the story so far,

1. Basically, I have not heard of one person so far who has been sucessful, but that is not to say that there have not been any.

2.The solicitors they have stated to many people that they use are Forbes Douglas, I have evidence from the MD of Forbes Douglas that they are not solicitors and neither do they have any solicitors employed by them, they are in fact another claims managment company. So again if they make these references you must check out what they are saying is correct.

3. If your claim progresses to the next stage they will ask for more money and they will also get you to sign away in addition 30% of any money they recover.

4. If you decide to use them, you should check their T & C's before entering into any agreement IMHO before you pay any money over.

5. Get everything in writing before entering into any agreement, usless you are recording your phonecalls.

6. Do your research before using them or any other claims management company, before parting with your money. There are loads of resiurces on the internet.

7. Anything they can do for you you can do for free, with the help of consumer web sites like CAG.

8.They told me that I had £3K to come back from a particular previous mortgage company, this was not true as I have checked it out, I did not take PPI and neither did I have £3K of Mortgage charges. The mortgage payments were much more than £3K so where to they get there figures from.

9. Also, it is worth remembering at the time of their phonecall to you they are not privy to your Bank,Mortgage,Creditcards and Loans so how can they pluck figues out of thin air and advise you what you have to come back.

10. They have been known to tell people to stop paying their loans and pay the money to their solicitors, on no account must anyone do this as it is not advisable. Seek solicitors advice from someone you trust as you could end up in default and your record would be damaged.

11. When they phone you, did should ask where they got your personal data from? they are not allowed to cold call. They told me from the FSA - that is not true.

12. Never give you personal data to anybody that calls you on the telephone this includes you credit/debit card numbers, without first checking them out.

Finally, if you feel they have misled you or that they cold called you, this will make them in breach of their conditions for holding a Ministry of Justice Licence, then a complaint to the MOJ is very important. 100 companies with licences have had them suspended ot cancelled.

Claims Management Officer

Claims Management Regulation

Monitoring and Compliance Unit

57-60 High Street

Burton on Trent

Staffordshire

DE14 1JS

www.claimsregulation.gov.uk

Telephone: 0845 450 6858

Fax: 0845 450 6866

Email: [email protected]

MOJ web site showing CMC's that have lost their licence. http://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/

Edited by TUTTSI
added link

• 1 month later...