Cento Client Review and missing loans.co.uk data

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

As most of you know by now I have had some big probs with my mortgage company who I also have a secured loan with.

I have been trying to get something on them for some time now.

I feel I was mis sold my mortgage as I origionally contacted a company called TML who said they would "search the market" for my mortagage.

This market searching gave me a mortgage with Kensington Mortagages who actually owned TML

and at the time I had no idea they were sub prime.

I also feel ripped off with my secured loan again with Kensington and was hoping to go down the unfair relationships route

with that but due to my lack of knowledge I have had to put it all on hold.

today I had a call from a comapny called Cento Client Review who are based in Swansea.

They say they are working with the Ministry of Justice and that the solicitors are called Forbs and douglas (may have spelt that wrong).

It is all done on a no win no fee basis and if I win they take 25% off the winnings which I thought was actually resonable.

Cento wanted an upfront payment though of £99 which I could ask for back if I dont wish to carry on.

Also if I dont win they pay it back as well.

The website is www.centoclientreview.co.uk.

Now usually I dont believ in paying out to these sort of companies for things you can do yourself like bank charges and PPI ect ect

but like I said this is out of my debth any way.

What do you all think????

olives xx

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like a [problem] to me, no win no fee but they want up front money NOOOOOO

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

this is just one of their t&c's

12 The liability of the Company to the Client in contract, tort (including negligence for breach of statutory duty) or otherwise howsoever under or in connection with the Contract shall be to losses that are a foreseeable consequence of the Company's breach of contract or tort and shall not exceed the amount at which the Company (acting reasonably) values the Client's claim. Any claim by the Client for compensation for loss caused by the Company's negligence or breach of contract must be notified to the Company as soon as practicable

For that clause alone I wouldnt touch em

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Oh I am really no expert, but I inherantly distrust tis type of scumbags. if you think that you have been mis sold stuff, then I am sure that there are people on here that could help you Katrina

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Cento Client Review....

There is beginning to be a pattern emerging, arround Sept 2007 a great deal of personal data belonging to peeps

who either enquired after a loan or who took out a loan was stolen from Loans.Co.Uk,

the police were informed and the ICO was also informed.

Consequently no one was fined or knuckles raped or any action as far as I know from the police.

There is a thread on here somewhere here on this site regarding this, it also made the National Press at that time.

It appears now that many of the peeps who have had calls from Cento also had contacted Loans.co.uk a number of years ago.

I was also contacted from Cento about 3 weeks ago and was annoyed that they knew so much about me.

I questioned them on where they got my info from - but they did not give me a definitive answer.

They told me that the CCA 1974 had 18 flaws in it

- I bet the the government would be pleased to hear this.

They also said they could get me back arround £3k - how do they know this!

They also told me that they have a solicitor firm acting for them

- after making further enquiries I find this firm are only agents and sub out the work to Solicitors.

I understand that they are asking for £99.95 up front....

.....TBVH anything they can recover for you, such as mis sold PPI, Bank, Credit and Mortgage charges

can be done with the help of sites such as this and it is free.

My advice is do not give these peaople any more personal info....

Tuttsi x

Thought I had replied to this. Going a bit mad me thinks ;)

Thankyou Tuttsi, you have reminded me that the exact same think happened. I had a letter a while ago from Loans.co.uk telling me that my info went missing. Interesting. I think I may contact the ministry of Justice to inform them of this and maybe the OFT whilst I am at it.

olives xx

• Haha 1

Thought I had replied to this. Going a bit mad me thinks ;)

Thankyou Tuttsi, you have reminded me that the exact same think happened. I had a letter a while ago from Loans.co.uk telling me that my info went missing. Interesting. I think I may contact the ministry of Justice to inform them of this and maybe the OFT whilst I am at it.

olives xx

I was planning to write some letters at the weekend, I was also thinking of writing a letter of complaint to the ICO and the Police at Watford who did nothing after all they had this matter reported to them back in Sept 2007.

What is also more worrying is that I have now connected the Director of Cento with a company called Splash who deal in mobile phones. They cold call and I have read horror stories from Supermarket.com and much more. A lot of peeps have been taken in by them.

I have gathered so much info.... and I plan to follow through.

If you Google Cento Client Review you will find much more info!

Tuttsi x

Can you name the director of Cento?

Wondering if we can link some more people?

(Feel free to PM me if you wnat to keep it under your hat.)

Hi Bizzimum

This is the name of the Director who I have linked so far -Jason Cunliff

Also, if you have any other info to share please PM me I would also be happy to share any other info with you.

I have set this as a mission to get to the bottom of why they have all our personal details and I am not happy with the way the ICO and the police handled this. How can someone breach peoples personal data and sell it and get away with it.

Someone pointed me to a site to day where people are advertising for personal data on repossesions past and present where they will pay up to £500 a go for information + many others adds which really sicjkened me.

Tuttsi xx

Not a name I've found yet. I have Loans.co.uk/First National/MBNA links.

He is the Director of both Cento and Splash - not sure whether he actually has any connection with the companies you mention other than the common demoninator is that everyone so far who has been contacted by Cento has had dealings with Loan.Co.Uk. They had Data stolen in Sept 2007 and Julian Greer the MD of loans.Co.Uk wrote to loads of people at that time when the matter was in the hands of the ICO and the Police.

Now the same people are being bombarded with this calls in the thousands and thousands.

tuttsi

There is a Cento Finance in Birmingham offering a similar claims service. Any relation?

Does anyone have access to a Directors register? This might be quite useful.

Thanks I will check this out... you never know.

I also found another company connected with Cento also doing the same and also in Birmingham My Simple Claim Ltd

Tuttsi x

Edited by TUTTSI
added a name

This was the founder and MD of Loans.Co.Uk - he ranked in 2008 1355 in the wealth scene.

The Sunday Times

April 27, 2008

Steve Hayes

div#related-article-links p a, div#related-article-links p a:visited {color:#06c;} RESULTS FOR 2008

Ranking: 1355=

Worth: £55m

Source of wealth: Finance

In 1997 Hayes co-founded Loans.co.uk, which arranges secured loans on behalf of lenders. Its Watford-based parent, Marlin House Holdings, was acquired for £100m by MBNA bank in 2005, which would value his stake at £50m. We include past salaries and dividends in our £55m assessment. In the same year, Hayes, 46, became managing director of Wycombe Wanderers football club, the League Two team. Last year, he took a seat on the board of co-tenants London Wasps to signal a joint bid to build a new stadium for the football and rugby club

• 4 weeks later...

got done today be cento, the fee must have gone up, i paid them £149 over the phone & they said they would be sending the forms out to me in the post so i'll be on the phone to them first thing in the morning asking for the fee back as i have not signed anything yet. I cant believe i've been taken in by these people but when you are desperate i suppose you try anything for a way out !

I know of at least ONE, claims management firm out there that is definitely NOT a [problem]. I know because I have seen plenty of PROOF documents, LETTERS from lenders to clients, SETTLING CLAIMS outside of court and PAYING PEOPLE.

This sort of stuff will NEVER be mainstream. The likes of CAB, CCCS and others WILL NOT refer you to these people because they BUCK the system and the system doesn't like it!

Edited by bustthematrix

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

The truth is there are MANY scams out there. Many and you have to be very CAREFUL. If they are a claims management firm, THEY MUST be licensed by the MOJ!

Check out their registration with the Ministry of Justice FIRST. When were they licensed and for what type of activity? Has the MOJ audited them for what they purport to do? If so when and what were their findings?

If they use solicitor firms, even better! Go direct to the SRA (Solicitors Regulation Authority) and Law society and they will gladly give you info on things like, who the partners are, when they started, if there are any complaints or disciplinary issues etc.

Check them out and FIND OUT if they have a track record of delivering what they promise!

Last but not least, if at all possible, ALWAYS PAY BY CREDIT CARD! Even if you have the cash, pay by card then pay cash back onto the CC so you're not stung for interest.

If they turn out to be an elaborate [problem] you'll have some recourse to get all/most of your money back!

Edited by bustthematrix

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

One other thing, when I said the above company delivers, I actually KNOW people (not me just yet but we'll see...), who have SHOWN me evidence of Four Credit Cards (each over £5,000 balance) and 1 Car Loan over £20,000 that HAVE been written off! In all cases no goods had to be returned!

Can't say more than that. Just because we've all been stung or shafted in the past does not mean we should tar everyone with the same brush. There are plenty of rogues out there to be sure but do your due diligence, ask for referrals and be as crafty as you can be and you'll uncover some real gems out there whilst everybody else is shouting [problem]!

Oh, just a couple more things then I'll bugger off.

I had to write the above because I get fed up of hearing people slag things and write people off WITHOUT proper INVESTIGATION. This is a top quote for me:

"The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate" - Dr. Wayne Dyer

I always do my best to CHECK THINGS OUT, not just take what anybody says regardless of who they are. It has served me very well over time and the TRUTH always stands up to scrutiny.

And no, Cento client review is NOT the company of which I speak. You can PM me for details if you want and if that's allowed here. I don't know because I don't promote firms etc here.

Second thing I wanted to say, and this is very relevant to the issue of cancelling credit cards etc is that, while others have had VERY RECENT failures trying to cancel card debts at court, this firm I know of continues to HAVE success. Till this very day. They KNOW what they are doing and yes they charge fees for their service. Wouldn't you if you could offer such a valuable service?

You can try it all on your own etc and get help from experienced CAGgers wherever possible but my experience is that we're not all suited to be Litigants in Person and that's one reason why you'll read disaster stories on these forums from some LIPs who went to court with incomplete arguments.

WHATEVER YOU DECIDE TO DO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!!!

I for one cannot honestly therefore say ALL these guys are a [problem].

Edited by bustthematrix

I might be wrong - but I thought loans.co.uk were part of the GE Money group - with companies like Purple Loans etc..

Not sure if that helps at all - but GE have a huge list of companies that belong to them.