Telephone comms definitely not a legal requirement, right??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

just checking that I'm right in thinking that there is no law which states that you must communicate over the phone with creditors.

I think that they're "allowed" to contact you between certain times & so many times a day - can anyone confirm where I can find these guidelines?

I have kept a log of all calls (often 6 messages in 2 hours) but I'm most p****d off about the fact that I've had no response to any of my letters in over 3 months. I keep getting the standard "...you have not contacted us with any suitable proposals for repayment..." letter. And yet I have - and I've been paying my reduced payments for 3 months too. :mad:

Anyway, I'm going to raise a formal complaint now and just wanted to check that I'm within my rights to correspond in writing only.

Thanks in advance, CM.

Yes, you are entitled to communicate with them any way you choose. If they choose to ignore your letters, that's up to them. It just means the daft sods will waste more money in phone calls. Don't speak to them on the phone and keep a record of their calls so you can make complaints to the OFT and Ofcom.

No it is most definitely not a legal requirement to speak over the phone to them. In doing so they know that they can get you to agree to things you normaly wouldn't. Apart from the fact that it is in breach of the DDA act 1995, they are also in breach of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, Malicious Communications act 1998, and I could go on.

Send them the Harassment by telephone Letter, closely followed by the Formal Notice of Telephone recording.

And if they persist after you have sent them these, then a complaint to Otelo who are basicaly the telephone ombudsman.

Just don't speak to them over the phone, if you inadvertantly answer the call and it's them, you can either refuse to answer any of their scripted 'security' questions, or wind them up and for every question just reply 'everything in writing please'! they soon lose interest.;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!