• Tweets

• Hi and thanks It looks like they ticked all the boxes to me but I'll try and upload the notice. I was wondering if a witness to late delivery might be considered proof - I'm assuming they posted it as normal but Royal Mail stuffed up delivery. If not then they're really saying it just has to be posted within 12 days of the incident, regardless of when it is received. Annoying! edit ok thanks Honeybee here's my 2nd (actually 3rd) attempt at anonymising, copying and uploading the notice! Sorry about the state of it - I sat on it while distracted by my dog 🙃 pcn front.pdf pcn back page.pdf
    • ROFL - dont get upset just because someone (quite a lot of someones) dont want smart meters - well unless you get paid for it .. in which case ...   I assume you haven't been with Octopus long enough to be on one of the very long fixed price tariffs they offered before the prices went bonkers .. and that you dont use your electricity in the evening/lunch time if you think the 'agile type tariffs are good value .. let alone worth installing a smart meter for - high price a good disincentive for an evening cuppa eh? Let alone all your computer/tv etc time in the peak price evening or lunch time. - and boy do those peak prices instantly hammer your bill when those Russian and middle eastern issues kick off.   I would only have considered a smart meter if solar panels had been an option for me - but roof is oriented completely the wrong way. Oh - and My opinion hasn't changed since the smart meter trials 40 years ago, because neither have the issues (well not enough) but I'm happy for you. Be happy for me.
    • Hi. I'm afraid I've had to hide your post with the pdf files to keep this anonymous for you. You've left the PCN reference number and your car reg showing. Could you edit that and repost please? HB    
    • Well naturally if you want to maintain your outrage, and retain something to bitch about, then arguing about the level of your fixed monthly DD is the way to go. You are of course perfectly free to ignore the easy solution.
    • His financial situation isn’t great, and the landlord has made lots of things up. The things he’s put isn’t true at all. My friend did tell the full truth with incoming and outgoing, I helped him fill in his form and he checked bills etc. to make sure it was right. His wage is ok, but not as good as the landlord thinks it is,  and he doesn’t have anything spare. How much are they likely to take from him? Should he send any reply?  the letter just says to take the court letter with him. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance, recently departed

Guest sol_y_sombre
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest sol_y_sombre

as a, recent, former employee, i think some light needs to be shed on some of the posts/posters that inhabit this board/forum

i have read some good stuff and a fair amount of crap also,

if someone is going to make a staement of fact that others rely on then it should be that, a statement of fact,

without taking sides, on what seems to be a one sided forum, i will happily answer, as honestly as i can, anything to do with WFS policy and how it relates to account holders and how they incur/can challenge issues such as charges, home visits, telephone contact etc, i can tell you what can be dealt with at branch level, and what cant be, and what the account manager, branch manager, and other departments can/cannot do

the only reason i want to do this, is that i have seen way too much bad info/advice given on here, lots of peeps can get better & cheaper options than what has been suggested

so fire away, ask generall questions and ill answer with my understanding of policy,

any abuse and am happy to let you all get on with what ever agenda you have

s_y_s

p.s. am back in full time employment so not on here 24/7, but i am interested so will pop on when time allows

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

What do you think the futore is for Welcome Finance (Not Car Finance)?

Do they regularly take people to court over unsecured debts?

My loan was secured but i sold the property which left me with a shortfall and it has just been running along as an unsecured loan, however they have issued a default yet continue to add interest and update my file even though the contract has effectively been terminated. Is this normal for Welcome? They seem to leave me alone to be honest.

Guest sol_y_sombre
Hi

What do you think the futore is for Welcome Finance (Not Car Finance)?

Do they regularly take people to court over unsecured debts?

My loan was secured but i sold the property which left me with a shortfall and it has just been running along as an unsecured loan, however they have issued a default yet continue to add interest and update my file even though the contract has effectively been terminated. Is this normal for Welcome? They seem to leave me alone to be honest.

am pretty certain that WFS will survive, probaly slimmed down and perhaps with a new name/owner, but any company that collects 60-80 mi££ion a month must have a future i would think

WFS seem to take legal action really as a last resort, normally if someone, in their opinion, unreasonably, refuses to make any payments over a suatained period, if someone is showing avoidance and their is no dialogue then it is likely attachments of earnings and so on will be an option for WFS

as am not 100% sure about legalities, england/scotland etc there is no point in me giving duff info,

as

without taking sides, on what seems to be a one sided forum, Thats because the othe side only ever come on here and slag us off

the only reason i want to do this, is that i have seen way too much bad info/advice given on here, lots of peeps can get better & cheaper options than what has been suggested - so you mention better cheaper options. What are they?

so fire away, ask generall questions and ill answer with my understanding of policy, the policy is that unless WF have the correct paperwork and abide by the rules there is not a lot they can do without going to court

any abuse and am happy to let you all get on with what ever agenda you have -

s_y_s

pgh7447

Guest sol_y_sombre
pgh7447

the first point is not worth answering, but i think you know that

secondly, there are much better and cheaper options on ways to manage an account and how charges etc can be avoided, reduced or kept to a minimum, especially for phone calls, letters and door step visits, and if anyone has specifics i can suggest if it has been applied properly and what to do if it hasnt

finally, am not even slightly interested in getting involved in legalities, not my area,

secondly, there are much better and cheaper options on ways to manage an account and how charges etc can be avoided, reduced or kept to a minimum, especially for phone calls, letters and door step visits, and if anyone has specifics i can suggest if it has been applied properly and what to do if it hasnt - what you mean is pay quietly and dont rock the boat

finally, am not even slightly interested in getting involved in legalities, not my area, - but that is what this forum is all about showing how these firms refuse to accept their responsibilities and hide behind para legal phrases, that if actually presented in court would not even get passed a first year law student

I'm gone from this thread

am pretty certain that WFS will survive, what a shame !! probaly slimmed down and perhaps with a new name/owner, but any company that collects 60-80 mi££ion a month must have a future i would think

WFS seem to take legal action really as a last resort,( im sure there are others who would disagree ) normally if someone, in their opinion, unreasonably, refuses to make any payments over a suatained period, if someone is showing avoidance and their is no dialogue then it is likely attachments of earnings and so on will be an option for WFS ( welcome seem to still do this, even if we are being unreasonable !! )

as am not 100% sure about legalities, england/scotland etc there is no point in me giving duff info,( Welcome 99 % of the time give duff info, well they do as they think we are all stupid enough to believe them !! )[/quote]

Im sorry Sol, but I think you will find that most people on here would be a bit apprehensive in what you are saying...Not saying anyone doesnt believe you, but there are alot of ' ex welcome employees ' that tend to come on here and spout some absolute c**p, and then we never see them for dust......I would be interested to see what Andie or post makes of this !!

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

Sol....why do Welcome employees go round to people's houses and ask for keys to cars to drive off when they actually can't after a certain amount of the loan is paid off ? Why are the lines of communication so poor, when during a bona-fide dispute, attempts are still made to harrass against the OFT's guidelines ? I have a friend who owes £7,000 of a car loan, has paid off 2/3 of the debt already and yesterday had a visit at home from a Welcome employee asking for the car keys so he could take it away - Welcome owe him £8,000 in missold (proven missold) PPI, he has a dispute ongoing which was sent to Welcome over 4 weeks ago by recorded delivery, they are in default of his SAR request, and still he is getting 4-6 calls per day, and this visit yesterday.....quite frankly this is not acceptable behaviour....

as a, recent, former employee, i think some light needs to be shed on some of the posts/posters that inhabit this board/forum

if someone is going to make a staement of fact that others rely on then it should be that, a statement of fact,

thats a pretty brash statement to make, i personally think you underestimate this site and how it has helped people to reclaim monies and get rid of dodgy agreements. Its because of this site we are fully aware of what is right and what is wrong and more importantly we have an understanding of the iilegal practices that wf have carried out when processing loans.

without taking sides, on what seems to be a one sided forum, i will happily answer, as honestly as i can, anything to do with WFS policy and how it relates to account holders and how they incur/can challenge issues such as charges, home visits, telephone contact etc, i can tell you what can be dealt with at branch level, and what cant be, and what the account manager, branch manager, and other departments can/cannot do,

the only reason i want to do this, is that i have seen way too much bad info/advice given on here, lots of peeps can get better & cheaper options than what has been suggested, again a brash statement and i think you have a hidden agenda and id suggets you not entirely convincing in your knowledge, but please prove me wrong...

so fire away, ask generall questions and ill answer with my understanding of policy,

s_y_s

p.s. am back in full time employment so not on here 24/7, but i am interested so will pop on when time allows

I hope your new job is an honest job.

without taking sides, on what seems to be a one sided forum, i will happily answer, as honestly as i can, anything to do with WFS policy and how it relates to account holders and how they incur/can challenge issues such as charges, home visits, telephone contact etc, i can tell you what can be dealt with at branch level, and what cant be, and what the account manager, branch manager, and other departments can/cannot do

the only reason i want to do this, is that i have seen way too much bad info/advice given on here, lots of peeps can get better & cheaper options than what has been suggested

s_y_s

HI Sol

And firstly I would explain that people on here are VERY mistrusting of people that claim to be FORMER welcome employees as the majority of the times this is not true and/or people have been so abysmally treated by Welcome Finance and it's employees that the first instinct is to attack.

I for one think that it pays to be honest and call a spade a spade rather than just make 'silly' comments etc

I personally wouldn't trust a Welcome employee or ex employee as far as I could pick them up and throw them - but in saying that I do know there are people out there that are prepared to try and help so for that point I will sit back and watch and give you benefit of the doubt until I see something that makes my mind up either way.

I am an experienced Welcome Cagger - I know more about Welcome than most of it's employees do, as with all due respect people that worked in branches, crc centre etc do not know what is happening to the company as a whole - I DO!!

I know how it works right from Joe Bloggs sales person to Josephine Bloggs compliance to Joseph Bloggs Director.

I have made it my business to know this business so myself and a few others on here will know very shortly whether you are for real or not.

I would also just like to say that your statement regarding "statements of facts" - that is very rich coming from a Welcome employees whos company would not know a fact if it bit them on the arse - they can't even count to £950 million right! - perhaps if you didn't come on here making bold and frankly wooly statements about Caggers youmay recieve a better reception - Just a thought??

There are a lot of knowledgable and helpful people on here and without this site there would be a lot of Welcome customers out there still getting screwed over, paying on s**t agreements and being bullied to the point of suicide - and yes if you are a Welcome employee - you will know this has happened and has been the talk of a number of branches!!

Also clarify if you don't mind what you mean by better or cheaper options than the ones offered here??

I hope you don't mean rewriting your loan down? As you would know this is not reccommended by the FSA or OFT??

am pretty certain that WFS will survive, probaly slimmed down and perhaps with a new name/owner, but any company that collects 60-80 mi££ion a month must have a future i would think

quote]

Talking of incorrect statements though - perhaps this should be clarified so it's correct....

Welcome CLAIMED is was collecting £60-80 million a month

What Welcome was not telling it's own parent company or the LSE was that this was taking into account the agreements that were over 120 past due, the ficticious agreements they wrote to people that were not Welcome customers AND the extra months they add on to their customers files that are listed on CRA

This has been uncovered by Deloitte and Freshfields and you will find this (guess)timate is very over exagerrated.

WFS having new owners and a new name is also not 'survival' that is liquidation.

Thats it now - said my piece - just sitting back and watching VERY closely

quote]

Talking of incorrect statements though - perhaps this should be clarified so it's correct....

Welcome CLAIMED is was collecting £60-80 million a month

What Welcome was not telling it's own parent company or the LSE was that this was taking into account the agreements that were over 120 past due, the ficticious agreements they wrote to people that were not Welcome customers AND the extra months they add on to their customers files that are listed on CRA

This has been uncovered by Deloitte and Freshfields and you will find this (guess)timate is very over exagerrated.

WFS having new owners and a new name is also not 'survival' that is liquidation.

Thats it now - said my piece - just sitting back and watching VERY closely

You tell em Andie - I doubt he or she will be back somehow ....:lol:

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

I have dealt with only three Welcome employees that I got on with.

All three left WF in a hurry and have good jobs now with excellent prospects.

As far as the rest that I have dealt with are concerned, they are sales people who have limited knowledge of anything as far as I can see.

Their IQ level is quite low too.

No, I am not very impressed with WF's training.

Have a great weekend caggers.

Weather looks good too.

Voda

wonder if one would like to comment on this.

my sisters joy with welcome

loan taken out over 24 months....stated 48 months on credit file?

unsecured personal loan.....stated secured joint loan on credit file?

SAR.was well worth a tenner showed D.O.B of fictious second applicant.

totaly different work details/employer details...sis is self employed works from home and has done for 18 years accounts given to get the loan..think the answer to that may be.....miss sold ppi

that would be the same ppi that

a. would not have been able to claim

b.did not exsist

c.payed for 16 months and somebodies cat must have had it,as it was not payed into the policy number ,you know the same number that did not exsist.

anyway just incase a guest is from the stoke branch,please remind them that she is still waiting to be taken to court,we did suggest it 6 months ago.

and a tip just incase you survive and carry on with your tactics.

when your company rep pre fills in the cca before bringing it out to the applicant to sign;)make sure that when the applicant signs on tuesday.your date says tuesdays date not SUNDAY.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

• Haha 1

SAME OLD ****E SPITTING VENOM

WELCOME STAFF WILL BE LUCKY TO HAVE TO HAVE MORE THAN ONE BRAIN CELL

IVE ONLY ONE THING TO SAY BEFORE TAKING PGH ADVICE

I'm gone from this thread

HELLO FORMER WELCOME EMPLOYEE

LONG TIME NO SEE

STICK TO YOUR ORIGINAL THREAD

Well sol your area isn't the law aint it WELL it sure is mine & I can tell you from 1st hand knowledge that your ex company needs to learn a little about it so they can't teach their employees rather than have them make it up as they go along & by the way much if not all of the advice on this & other threads is not only adequate but often very good for the task at hand namely forcing such companies to comply with the law

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks