Reinstate a terminated contract

chez262
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me if I have a case?

My contract was terminated unlawfully (no DN sent instead, a TN was sent 21 days after 1st missed payment)

They have now terminated for a 2nd time and I wish to challenge them on the grounds of the 1st termination however I have one concern...

When I received my TN, I totally bottled it as I obviously weren't expecting it so I called up and make the one months payment I was in arrears. I then sent them a letter requesting a payment holiday (of which I've still had no reply) but they have since sent out a missed payment letter, a DN and a further TN.

I presume they will argue that I have acknowledged the contract as being reinstated... my argument is that that lulled me into a false sense of security and used their power to bully me into paying by terminating the contract.

Please advise, I'm desparate :(

Hi GK,

Thanks for the reply.

I am told in another post I have on here, that the 2nd DN was in fact not in the prescribed form but I'm not sure why that is :confused:

I also asked someone on here what a CCA was and whether it would benefit me but I was advised to send them an SAR. I don't know what an enforceable CCA is sorry.

Edited by chez262

Hi Chez,

On reflection your other advice about a SAR might be better but I also wonder whether it might be best to go down the CPR route as it looks as though it will end up in court and it could save you a tenner lol

I would recomment that you postyour DN with the personal bits removed so that we can take a gander. If the DN is wrong then you could end up only having to pay the arrears claimed rather than the whole sum.

GK

This is the DN sent before the 2nd TN.

I paid the arrears after the 1 month arrears after the 1st TN anyway so if that wins in court I owe nothing however, I have paid nothing since then and I'm now in 3 months arrears.

Therefore my major concern is what constitutes a reinstatement of a contact once terminated in a court of law?

My letter after the termination is requesting a payment holiday, as I was forced into that position by them with their bullying. Until I found this site and realised they couldn't do that! However will they use that against me?

Chez,

Do you still have the envelope that the DN was sent in? When did you receive it?

Are the dates 5th and 25th I am not sure?

I am sorry I cannot help with the remainder of the pose but hopefully someone will come along.

If they don't try hitting the triangle over there

GK

• Haha 1