Registering Your Vehicle!

alternative-answer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My car cost me £54,000. Why haven't DVLA taken it from me?

I run a coach hire business.

I have 6 vehicles, the newest of which cost £130,000 and the cheapest is approx £25,000

Each of these costs me between £300 and £400 a year to tax.

My insurance for them costs almost £53,000

And my fuel bills for the last year were £145,000

Suppose they were to take these from me, then where would they make the revenue for and I am just talking of a small business like mine.

I look forward to reading it. But please make it one of substance and not just a link to the tpuc website.

OK, I have found it in my dictionary. tried to find the online version, but it is a subscription one.

If I can work out how to scan and attach from my dictionary I will do so.

Please can I also add, I am not , and never have been a member of the tpuc, or FMOTL fora, although I do visit them regularly as a guest :cool:

The test for this is a PCN - where the owner is liable.

So the next time I get a PCN. I''ll just send it to DVLA since according to your logic, they are the owner.

And if I get into debt, the bailiffs cannot levy on the vehicle, because it's not mine...

What documentary evidence is there of OWNERSHIP of a vehicle other than the sales rceipt? In the UK the registration document describes you as the keeper, i.e. one who is responsible for its upkeep. Registeration is only to assign the responsibility to pay Vehicle Exise Duty and identify the vehicle.It does not take away in any way any part of the ownership of the vehicle.

In the states the Certficate of Title allows you to sell your "Interest" in the vehicle. The state retains the "Ownership " document (Certificate of Origin) which really riles some people and I cannot see why it should.

So the next time I get a PCN. I''ll just send it to DVLA since according to your logic, they are the owner.

Try it.... You may be surprised.

I know you are good on this subject, as I have spoken to you on a few occasions under my usual user name.

Are you able to tell me which law parking tickets come under?

Edited by theonethatgotaway

Can I ask the freemen here, now that we have established that DVLA are not going to confiscate our cars, if we sell them we keep all of the money, and we are free to permanently export them, what actual benefit do DVLA get if they own our vehicles?

Think about the government/governed issue I mentioned before.

The answer lies there ;)

There are laws which we should all abide by.

Then there are acts and statutes which are not laws

I run a coach hire business.

I have 6 vehicles, the newest of which cost £130,000 and the cheapest is approx £25,000

Each of these costs me between £300 and £400 a year to tax.

My insurance for them costs almost £53,000

And my fuel bills for the last year were £145,000

Suppose they were to take these from me, then where would they make the revenue for and I am just talking of a small business like mine.

But you are quoting gross figures. Remember No10 only gets the Insurance Premium Tax element of your insurance, and the duty on the fuel. In my case:

Road tax:£210 Insurance tax:£35 Fuel duty:£1560, a total of £1805 a year. If we were to assume a resale value of £45000 on my car, surely they are better off taking the car?

But you are quoting gross figures. Remember No10 only gets the Insurance Premium Tax element of your insurance, and the duty on the fuel. In my case:

Road tax:£210 Insurance tax:£35 Fuel duty:£1560, a total of £1805 a year. If we were to assume a resale value of £45000 on my car, surely they are better off taking the car?

They also get a lot from income tax from my employees (and me). I have 9 in total.

No vehicles-no income tax -no revenue

Think about the government/governed issue I mentioned before.

The answer lies there ;)

There are laws which we should all abide by.

Then there are acts and statutes which are not laws

Typical freeman response. In other words don't answer the question directly, just waffle!

Ultimately, I am not here to try to convert anyone.

I am just trying to give an account of thigs I have discovered and am still discovering.

The original OP stated something that he believes is valid.

All but one of the responses have been negative, possibly from people who have never even researched the issue.

This is (or should be) an open forum for ideas to be put forward.

There are many things I have learned from the forum. Some have worked. Some haven't, but at least I have tried the methods suggested by the members.

That is the polite way of doing it.

Lets face it, everyone was happy (well most) when the issue of bank chartges was proven unenforceable, but then course, we all got a few quid.

As soon as anyone tries to then mention, "well, hang on, there could be more to this " there are negative responses.

This site was originally called the bank action group. It was then discovered that there were more issues that could be dealt with, which is why the name changed, as more people realise that a lot of PPI was wrong, that the right of appropriation is valid, that parking tickets hasd to be worded in a particular way, the list is almost endless.

I think it is quite arrogant to assume that just because it hasnt been done before by CAG that it is not a valid argument.

Is that a better response?:rolleyes:

I guess the proof is in whether the OP pays his VED, fuel duties, insures the vehicle(s), pays any official PCNs/FPNs etc etc.

Whether the op does or doesn't is his / her business.

As far as pcn's though.

There is a subforum on here choc a block full of people who have been given them and are looking at the legality of them, so lets face it, there are many who would be only too glad for a loophole.

There are also members who have had their cars clamped for non-payment of VED who are also looking for a loophole.

A lot of other members offer to look at the paperwork to try and find a loophole.

Others have had cars clamped by bailiffs who come on here looking for a solution.

I will guarantee that the majority of members here will have found the forum by googling things like "bank charges" or "bailiff help" or "parking ticket" etc., because nobody wants to pay if they dont have to.

How many people will go to court and get a solicitor to plead circumstances to hopefully reduce the punishment? I have never heard of anyone yet being fined say £100 and saying to the judge "Please can I pay £500!!

It is what the forum is (or should be) all about - helping those who have been given a bad deal and to try and help the consumer who feels he/she is being ripped off.

The OP comes on here and offers advice and is just ridiculed by those very same people.

Tell me why you think the laws only apply in respect of making charges unenforceable, but dont apply to things mentioned on here?

The freeman movement predates this forum by many many years. It will continue long after this sites demise.

Maybe if a moderator or an admin had posted what the op had, the replies would have been a lot different.

:rolleyes:

Edited by theonethatgotaway
Spelling and grammar

Tell me why you think the laws only apply in respect of making charges unenforceable, but dont apply to things mentioned on here?

because the PCNs/clamping/bank charges being discussed in these forums are challenging whether they are actually legal and valid under current laws. The OP appears to be challenging the basis of laws that clearly exist.

because the PCNs/clamping/bank charges being discussed in these forums are challenging whether they are actually legal and valid under current laws. The OP appears to be challenging the basis of laws that clearly exist.

Please elaborate.

Which laws are "current" in respect of those things you mention and which laws "clearly exist" regarding the OP ?

:confused:

• 7 months later...

We are a common law country/jurisdiction always have been. This is the essence of Common Law“As an adult, you should be allowed to do with your person and property whatever you choose, as long as you don’t physically harm the person or property of another.” We are being governed by statute law, law of the sea, admiralty law, fleet law, maritime law or commercial law, contract law. Statutes; A legislative rule of a society given the force of law by the consent of the governed, an established law or rule, as of a corporation. Statutes are rules, rules of the UK which is a registered company, they are a means of monetary exchange and the only way money can change hands if 2 corporations enter into a contract/agreement. Your name is your company name and when another corporation wants to do business with you, the first things they ask you for is YOUR NAME, the all capital legal fiction, when you give your name you have entered into a tacit agreement/contract and you must now honour that contract. If you dishonour a contract you will be dealt with in a civil/commercial court by being sent a summons, an invitation to do business, when you enter a court, you are entering a ship and whoever is presiding is the captain, and he is responsible for ensuring a remedy and zeroing the books. All courts, police forces and councils are registered companies run for profit.