• Tweets

• there's no rule of thumb but rarely do you see lowells drop a claim until after the disclosures stage it just really depends upon what 'cards' they hold like enforceable agreement, DN, NOA etc etc however due to andyorch's excellent help - we see most discontinued...   one thing that also plays a part is when the card was taken out too. yours was taken out?   these will give you a good benchmark and also help with defence and after process   https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-8889411648654839:3134625398&q=lowell claimform vanquis won discontinued&oq=lowell claimform vanquis won discontinued&gs_l=partner-generic.12...166572.185174.0.188553.41.41.0.0.0.0.92.2663.41.41.0.csems%2Cnrl%3D13...0.18609j16146633j41...1.34.partner-generic..34.7.458.uRZnbd8y-qY
    • On Monday the 27th of July 2020, i signed up with Anglian windows to work as a canvasser over in East London, the interview went well. I started working and had to use a app on the phone to make appointments. The deal was if i got a lead on the door and the salesman went round to the customer and and priced it i would get paid for it.  I started working the following week, i made leads, but i had problems with the app not working as well as it should, the app would give me results on my leads.  Long story but they where working some leads and forgetting to work other leads and not up dating the app, so i did not know my results. My wages where wrong and i decided i could not work for the company. I gave them over 20 leads and was only paid for 3.  I told them i was leaving, that was fine, they said they would work my leads and pay me, they even sent me a text message to say one of my leads has been priced and i would get paid for it.  No money was paid, i have sent messages to the regional manager and no answer, in the end i started emailing head office and they said they would look into it but i am getting nowhere.    What can i do.
    • Do try and keep up It was quite clear I was referencing any lingering hopes you may hold of rejoining the wretched institution
    • thanks, will do   after reading a lot of the other posts like you said to, is it a good defence statement that makes them think about dropping it?
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

MBNA CC Debt assigned to Hillesden Securities LTD trading as DLC

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4107 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Everyone

Long time reader and first time poster so please be gentle!!

I had a credit card with MBNA which I defaulted on payment in July 2008 and then paid £10 token amounts until an agreement with the CCCS started paying them (and other credit cards).

I had a letter from MBNA dated 20/04/09 saying that "Your outstanding balance due under the above account has been sold to Direct Legal-Dtl" and that all enquiries regarding my account and future payments should be made directly to them (Direct Legal-Dtl)

I then received a letter from Hillisden Securities Ltd, trading as Direct Legal & Collections (dlc) dated 24/04/09 saying that MBNA no longer own my account and it is now owned by DLC. This letter included a payment options form asking for information about my employment status, homeowner details and my preferred payment methods. (which I have not returned)

They also started phoning and texting my mobile from 28/04/09, 8 missed calls from 2 numbers and a text message asking to call them (which I won't be doing)

On 28/04/09 I sent them, by recorded delivery (which were recieved 29/04/09), two letters using templates on here, one asking that they stop contacting me by telephone and the other one asking them to provide a copy of the original CCA.

I have just re-read the letters that MBNA and DLC sent me and notice that the 16 digit Account number, starting 4129 8519..., on the MBNA letter is different to the 16 digit client reference number, also starting 4129 8513..., on the DLC letter. To me it looks as if they are both quoting different credit card numbers.

3 questions really for everyone on here -

1) Has any one had dealings regarding MBNA and DLC and obtaining CCA's from them and the results

2) Is there any reason why the 16 digit MBNA account number and the 16 digit DLC client reference number would be different? There is also a DLC ref on the letter which is 9 digits long.

3) Should I cancel the MBNA payment with CCCS or leave this running until DLC provide a CCA, to show I am willing to pay a monthly amount?

Many thanks in advance for any information, and for any one in a similar situation I will keep you informed of what happens.

John

Hi John

Welcome to CAG (as a poster, at least:))

1. I'm sure there are others who have experienced the MBNA/DLC tag team, but I personally haven't

2. Looks like a mistake, which is why you should insist on a copy of the CC Agreement. Use the DCL ref in any correspondence wit hthem.

3. Speak to CCCS but my view is that MBNA will not be expecting any payments as they ahve washed their hands of your account. You needn't start paying DLC until they comply with your CCA request - no harm in telling them you will resume monthly payments once they provide an agreement which is a) enforceable b) yours

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Thanks for the reply Steven,

letters to DLC seem to be working as the phone hasnt rung with any of their numbers today!!!

Will await the copy of the CCA to see which card number they are quoting and take it from there!

John

MBNA change the number on the agreement before they sell it on (or at least they used to) - if they have used that 'new' number on the Default Notice (which they did in my case) they have f*cked up big time - the DN is invalid and you have a good argument against any legal action.

Random numbers seem to MBNAs forte - and not just Account numbers!

Nationwide - Prelim sent 02/07 - MCOL filed 04/07 CHARGES SETTLED IN FULL!!

Woolwich- Prelim sent 04/07 - Offered 90% - 06/07 accepted

MBNA - Prelim sent 02/07 - CCA request sent 03/07 - CCA reply (illegible + no T&Cs) - DCA sent packing - Restons now trying - gone quiet

Citicard - Prelim sent 02/07 - CCA request sent 04/07 - replied 04/07 No contract & not enforcing!- passed to 1st Credit- gone quiet

Egg - Prelim sent 02/08 - 3 letters - full offer 03/08 SETTLED IN FULL!!

(All starry, rep, clicky thingies gratefully received!)

MBNA change the number on the agreement before they sell it on (or at least they used to) - if they have used that 'new' number on the Default Notice (which they did in my case) they have f*cked up big time - the DN is invalid and you have a good argument against any legal action.

Random numbers seem to MBNAs forte - and not just Account numbers!

The 4129 number that DLC have quoted on there letter to me is the same number that used to be my MBNA card number.

The letter that MBNA sent me saying that they have sold my account to DLC contains a different 4129 card number.

The number on the Default Notice is the critical one - DLC are [edit] and are not important - if MBNA's Termination Notice quotes a different account number then that just bears out the fact that MBNA are numpties and they pickd up the wrong crayons that day.

Edited by steven4064
swear filter bypass edited

Nationwide - Prelim sent 02/07 - MCOL filed 04/07 CHARGES SETTLED IN FULL!!

Woolwich- Prelim sent 04/07 - Offered 90% - 06/07 accepted

MBNA - Prelim sent 02/07 - CCA request sent 03/07 - CCA reply (illegible + no T&Cs) - DCA sent packing - Restons now trying - gone quiet

Citicard - Prelim sent 02/07 - CCA request sent 04/07 - replied 04/07 No contract & not enforcing!- passed to 1st Credit- gone quiet

Egg - Prelim sent 02/08 - 3 letters - full offer 03/08 SETTLED IN FULL!!

(All starry, rep, clicky thingies gratefully received!)

I have just been transfered to DLC, my account numbers have stayed the same. Again they were phoning me several times a day, but have gone quiet since I sent a letter asking why they now had my account when it was still in dispute with MBNA.

I am also awaiting my SAR from mbna for both my accounts.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to give you an update on my letters to DLC / Hillesden Securities.

On the 1st May they sent me a standard letter saying that they would try and get a copy of an agreement from MBNA and since then I have heard nothing from them.

On 20th May I sent them another letter as they have failed to provide me with a copy of the alleged agreement with MBNA and so the account is now in dispute.

Will let you know what I hear next from them.

Hi All

Recieved a letter from Hillesden Securities this morning with a copy of my origional agreement and a pile of old statements from MBNA.

They say the account is being returned to their collections team within 14 days so it looks like I will have them hassling me again!!

There is still the issue of the letter from MBNA saying that my account had been passed to Hillesden Securities having the different account number to the one from Hillesden although the account that Hillesden has the same original account number with MBNA. Should I try and persue this and anyone have an idea of what letter I could use?

Anyone have any suggestion as to any further action i could take?

Thanks

MBNA are numpties and they pickd up the wrong crayons that day.

Couldn't agree more, this is the only default left on my credit file (satisfied) yet they keep phoning me (illegally) offering me a credit card.

• 1 month later...

Hi jr28uk - I 'm in the same postion re MBNA selling an account to Direct Legal. The problem is I have 3 a/c's with MBNA and the a/c number quoted on the letter is different to all of them, however the last four numbers have been used in the past in two a/c's so I'm still no wiser as to which a/c this refers to.

You say : "Recieved a letter from Hillesden Securities this morning with a copy of my origional agreement and a pile of old statements from MBNA." - Did you ever get a copy of your agreement from MBNA initially?