MBNA CC Debt assigned to Hillesden Securities LTD trading as DLC

jr28uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

Long time reader and first time poster so please be gentle!!

I had a credit card with MBNA which I defaulted on payment in July 2008 and then paid £10 token amounts until an agreement with the CCCS started paying them (and other credit cards).

I had a letter from MBNA dated 20/04/09 saying that "Your outstanding balance due under the above account has been sold to Direct Legal-Dtl" and that all enquiries regarding my account and future payments should be made directly to them (Direct Legal-Dtl)

I then received a letter from Hillisden Securities Ltd, trading as Direct Legal & Collections (dlc) dated 24/04/09 saying that MBNA no longer own my account and it is now owned by DLC. This letter included a payment options form asking for information about my employment status, homeowner details and my preferred payment methods. (which I have not returned)

They also started phoning and texting my mobile from 28/04/09, 8 missed calls from 2 numbers and a text message asking to call them (which I won't be doing)

On 28/04/09 I sent them, by recorded delivery (which were recieved 29/04/09), two letters using templates on here, one asking that they stop contacting me by telephone and the other one asking them to provide a copy of the original CCA.

I have just re-read the letters that MBNA and DLC sent me and notice that the 16 digit Account number, starting 4129 8519..., on the MBNA letter is different to the 16 digit client reference number, also starting 4129 8513..., on the DLC letter. To me it looks as if they are both quoting different credit card numbers.

3 questions really for everyone on here -

1) Has any one had dealings regarding MBNA and DLC and obtaining CCA's from them and the results

2) Is there any reason why the 16 digit MBNA account number and the 16 digit DLC client reference number would be different? There is also a DLC ref on the letter which is 9 digits long.

3) Should I cancel the MBNA payment with CCCS or leave this running until DLC provide a CCA, to show I am willing to pay a monthly amount?

Many thanks in advance for any information, and for any one in a similar situation I will keep you informed of what happens.

John

Hi John

Welcome to CAG (as a poster, at least:))

1. I'm sure there are others who have experienced the MBNA/DLC tag team, but I personally haven't

2. Looks like a mistake, which is why you should insist on a copy of the CC Agreement. Use the DCL ref in any correspondence wit hthem.

3. Speak to CCCS but my view is that MBNA will not be expecting any payments as they ahve washed their hands of your account. You needn't start paying DLC until they comply with your CCA request - no harm in telling them you will resume monthly payments once they provide an agreement which is a) enforceable b) yours

Thanks for the reply Steven,

letters to DLC seem to be working as the phone hasnt rung with any of their numbers today!!!

Will await the copy of the CCA to see which card number they are quoting and take it from there!

John

MBNA change the number on the agreement before they sell it on (or at least they used to) - if they have used that 'new' number on the Default Notice (which they did in my case) they have f*cked up big time - the DN is invalid and you have a good argument against any legal action.

Random numbers seem to MBNAs forte - and not just Account numbers!

MBNA change the number on the agreement before they sell it on (or at least they used to) - if they have used that 'new' number on the Default Notice (which they did in my case) they have f*cked up big time - the DN is invalid and you have a good argument against any legal action.

Random numbers seem to MBNAs forte - and not just Account numbers!

The 4129 number that DLC have quoted on there letter to me is the same number that used to be my MBNA card number.

The letter that MBNA sent me saying that they have sold my account to DLC contains a different 4129 card number.

The number on the Default Notice is the critical one - DLC are [edit] and are not important - if MBNA's Termination Notice quotes a different account number then that just bears out the fact that MBNA are numpties and they pickd up the wrong crayons that day.

Edited by steven4064
swear filter bypass edited

I have just been transfered to DLC, my account numbers have stayed the same. Again they were phoning me several times a day, but have gone quiet since I sent a letter asking why they now had my account when it was still in dispute with MBNA.

I am also awaiting my SAR from mbna for both my accounts.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to give you an update on my letters to DLC / Hillesden Securities.

On the 1st May they sent me a standard letter saying that they would try and get a copy of an agreement from MBNA and since then I have heard nothing from them.

On 20th May I sent them another letter as they have failed to provide me with a copy of the alleged agreement with MBNA and so the account is now in dispute.

Will let you know what I hear next from them.

Hi All

Recieved a letter from Hillesden Securities this morning with a copy of my origional agreement and a pile of old statements from MBNA.

They say the account is being returned to their collections team within 14 days so it looks like I will have them hassling me again!!

There is still the issue of the letter from MBNA saying that my account had been passed to Hillesden Securities having the different account number to the one from Hillesden although the account that Hillesden has the same original account number with MBNA. Should I try and persue this and anyone have an idea of what letter I could use?

Anyone have any suggestion as to any further action i could take?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi jr28uk - I 'm in the same postion re MBNA selling an account to Direct Legal. The problem is I have 3 a/c's with MBNA and the a/c number quoted on the letter is different to all of them, however the last four numbers have been used in the past in two a/c's so I'm still no wiser as to which a/c this refers to.

You say : "Recieved a letter from Hillesden Securities this morning with a copy of my origional agreement and a pile of old statements from MBNA." - Did you ever get a copy of your agreement from MBNA initially?