help... ovenstar have ruined my oven

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon,

Im on here for a bit of help and advise.

I had my oven clean last week by Ovenstar based in sutton coldfield.

I was at work whist the work was carried out.

The work involves cleaning the oven, and hob to bring it back to a new finish.

Upon arriving home, i notived huge deep scratches all over the glass on the oven door.

I spoke to my girlfreind and she said when the man had finished he said 'by the way you have loads of scratches on the door, they were they before' My girlfriend said 'not to my knowledge were they there before'

He then gave her a piece of paper to sign and said 'can you sign this to say ive been' as its a franchise.

Upon my arrival home, an hour or so later, my gf then rang the head office of the company and they said they will send someone round to check it. This was about five days later.

Today, they came out when i wasnt in again, and simply looked at it, and again said it wasnt us, it must of been there before.

I have just rang the owner of the company, who completley denies any wrong doing. She said we have a signature to say the oven is left working as it was before.

I asked her why the gentleman didnt advise of the scratches before he started cleaning as this would be a usual way to cover yourself.

She said, yes we do a pre clean check before commencing work which HE has to sign, stating any damage already done to the oven. NO comments were written on this. She said that he hadnt noticed them as the glass was dirty.

I have politley requested that they replace the glass panel that they have scratched and they have said no.

I requested company name/address and company number, but she only gave me the first two.

She asked if i was taking it further, i replied 'yes' and she said i dont want you to go down that route, what outcome do you want from this phonecall. i said the glass to be replaced. she said no.

What can i do?

What can i do from here?

Guest Old_andrew2018

Write to the company asking for the glass of the oven to be replaced, giving say 14 days to respond include a comment about issuing a county court claim after that date.

andy