CRA's and linked addresses

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you move house, and do not notify any creditors of your new address, is it possible for the CRA's to link you to your old address/debts ?

Or, is it possible to move and begin to slowly build up a fresh credit rating and clean report by opening new bank accounts and only have new things at the new address ?

Many thanks

a mute point really tbh, any potential creditor is likely to expect you to provide 6yrs worth of previous addresses. This information would then be linked to your credit file and cross checked against the voters register. Any iregularities in the information you provide that doesn't match up could see other things chucked in your file by these people.

The best way to tackle a bad history is head on, defaults will fall of your file in a good time and no one can accuse you of attempted fraud. a linked address showing on your report is only linked if you do not disclose it if you do disclose it, it is simply a previous address.

Your bank will provide the Cra's with your new address. i tried same as you not as simple as it looks unfortunately!

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

It is possible.

You need to close ALL of your accounts - bank account, credit card, mobile phone, landline, the whole shebang totally closed with no forwarding address.

Then when at your new address open all new accounts. They ask for a previous address - don't say you've been living at your current address for six years - they'll wonder why you aren't on the electoral role - be honest that you've just moved but give a previous address that your current credit report isn't linked to in any way.

That'll sort it out for you.

But you must under no circumstances do that because it is illegal and fraudulent... Because if you do Aqua might end up giving you a credit card even though you are an undischarged bankrupt... and that would be defrauding a credit card company... which you must never do!

It is possible.

You need to close ALL of your accounts - bank account, credit card, mobile phone, landline, the whole shebang totally closed with no forwarding address.

Then when at your new address open all new accounts. They ask for a previous address - don't say you've been living at your current address for six years - they'll wonder why you aren't on the electoral role - be honest that you've just moved but give a previous address that your current credit report isn't linked to in any way.

That'll sort it out for you.

But you must under no circumstances do that because it is illegal and fraudulent... Because if you do Aqua might end up giving you a credit card even though you are an undischarged bankrupt... and that would be defrauding a credit card company... which you must never do!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• 3 months later...
a mute point really tbh, any potential creditor is likely to expect you to provide 6yrs worth of previous addresses. This information would then be linked to your credit file and cross checked against the voters register. Any iregularities in the information you provide that doesn't match up could see other things chucked in your file by these people.

The best way to tackle a bad history is head on, defaults will fall of your file in a good time and no one can accuse you of attempted fraud. a linked address showing on your report is only linked if you do not disclose it if you do disclose it, it is simply a previous address.

So what happens if you've been out of the UK for 6 years, return to the after the 6 year period ... are they likely to ask for an address prior to the 6 years? (I sold my house, had my mail redirected to my parents, lived with my parents for almost 18 months before moving to the US). My surname has changed and am moving back to the UK next year. I checked the Trust Registry - theres two CCJ's on there. The date of one doesn't match as it states 2007 when actually the CCJ was taken out in 2002. I haven't checked my credit report ... too afraid too!!