Bringing court action against Creditors whilst resident abroad

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anybody help me find information on what the process is for bringing court action in the UK as I am resident abroad? There are 2 types of possible court action, the first is with creditors (credit card and unsecured loans) continuing to harrass myself and my family, misuse my personal data screw up my credit ratings etcwhilst the accounts are in dispute. I imagine these types of claims are likely to be small claims. The second possible claims are in relation to mortgage lenders who have repossessed property and who do not provide me with information to prove they have the legal right to sell the properties. The amounts involved will be significant. I am an EU resident and was UK resident until recently.

My question is about where court action can be instigated in both of the above scenarios. I am no longer 'local' so don't know what to do and where to go to.

I can read up via the CAG library on how to proceed in bringing action but I don't know where I would lodge the claims as a non resident.

Can anybody help me find information on what the process is for bringing court action in the UK as I am resident abroad? There are 2 types of possible court action, the first is with creditors (credit card and unsecured loans) continuing to harrass myself and my family, misuse my personal data screw up my credit ratings etc whilst the accounts are in dispute. I imagine these types of claims are likely to be small claims. The second possible claims are in relation to mortgage lenders who have repossessed property and who do not provide me with information to prove they have the legal right to sell the properties. The amounts involved will be significant. I am an EU resident and was UK resident until recently.

My question is about where court action can be instigated in both of the above scenarios. I am no longer 'local' so don't know what to do and where to go to.

I can read up via the CAG library on how to proceed in bringing action but I don't know where I would lodge the claims as a non resident.

As I understand it (and I could be wrong) to use the moneyclaim online process you only need a correspondence address in England and Wales. So all you need is someone willing to receive the brown envelopes at their address for you.

I think I read it on the moneyclaim website, so do check

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco/login_get_started.jsp

says that you must

'You have an address in England or Wales where documents can be delivered'

- It doesn't say you have to live there!