"Parking Charge" £70 Euro Car Parks?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I wonder if anybody can help me. Firstly i don't know how to start a new thread so apologies! I parked on a car park in Wigan town centre last friday night and when i went to the pay machine i realised i hadn't enough change and there was no attendant there. I went on about my business and ended up leaving my car there overnight. When i came back for it the next day I had a ticket on my windscreen with the reasoning 'no ticket displayed' which was true. However just as i went online to pay the fine i noticed a lot of people on forums basically calling Euro Car Parks a bunch of chancers who have no right to demand money. The stories people were telling in the other forums were ridiculous but in my case when the warden came to my car i obviously didn't have a ticket.

Do I pay??

Can they actually legally have that money off me??

Also the fine is £70 rising to £90 if not paid within 7 days if this makes any difference.

Please help asap as it 'must' be paid in the next 3 days

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I wonder if anybody can help me. Firstly i don't know how to start a new thread so apologies! I parked on a car park in Wigan town centre last friday night and when i went to the pay machine i realised i hadn't enough change and there was no attendant there. I went on about my business and ended up leaving my car there overnight. When i came back for it the next day I had a ticket on my windscreen with the reasoning 'no ticket displayed' which was true. However just as i went online to pay the fine i noticed a lot of people on forums basically calling Euro Car Parks a bunch of chancers who have no right to demand money. The stories people were telling in the other forums were ridiculous but in my case when the warden came to my car i obviously didn't have a ticket.

Do I pay??

Can they actually legally have that money off me??

Also the fine is £70 rising to £90 if not paid within 7 days if this makes any difference.

Please help asap as it 'must' be paid in the next 3 days

Thanks in advance

Unless it is on behalf of the council then it can safely be ignored, have a browse of this forum and there is lots of advice on how to ignore

Yeah i've been readin through it and as my missus will confirm ignoring is my strong suit. All that concerned me was the fact that car park is in the middle of the town centre, everybody uses it and pays yet a ticket from these clowns, which has no mention of working on behalf of the council by the way, seems to be worthless. If there is no mention of the council on the ticket then i can safely ignore this?

Yeah i've been readin through it and as my missus will confirm ignoring is my strong suit. All that concerned me was the fact that car park is in the middle of the town centre, everybody uses it and pays yet a ticket from these clowns, which has no mention of working on behalf of the council by the way, seems to be worthless. If there is no mention of the council on the ticket then i can safely ignore this?

If there is definately no council involvement then continue to ignore. You will get up to 4-5 threatograms from Euro Parks including nonsense from thier DCA who may be Brinx or Control Account. They will give up after that :) Any issues just post on the forum and all will be happy to advise.

Well it doesn't mention the council on the ticket. Is this a sure way of confirming they aren't in conjunction with the council? If so i will heed your advice and keep you updated. Thanks for the response

• 1 month later...
I overstayed in a Morrison's car park in Peckhan S London and received a fine of £40 if I paid within 14 days. I waited until I received a reminder then I wrote to the parking enforcement company (called parking eye). Stating that under constitutional law they are breaking the law by demanding money from me before any court conviction (bill of rights 1689) and any claim they had would be null and void as they had demanded monies from me.

As they had written to me twice I had to advise them of the terms and conditions of writing to me, which are thus:

I will accept two free letters but any third letter received; would trigger the acceptance of the fact that they would have to pay me an admin fee of £50 per letter, but the third letter would also be a free letter unless I received a fourth letter related to this matter. In which case I would have to charge for ALL four letters. I would invoice them and request payment within 7 days otherwise court action would follow on the 8th day. The terms are fair under the Unfair terms Act 1999 as this is for my time and expenses. Any fifth letter would trigger a harassment action under the 1997 Protection from Harassment Act, which I would be entitled to claim £5,000 in damages for mental anguish.

Funnily enough every time I get a ticket and a reminder, I NEVER receive a third letter, as they (parking agents/councils) are really concerned that I would go for it.:D

I parked in morrisons in streatham to go into the jobcentre -i clearly dont have the funds to pay the ticket. i did over stay 60MINUTES but it was the attendees at the job centre that kept there for soo long! I am the driver but not the registered keeper. And im finkin of writing back to these rogues and act as the registerd keeper to say "i do not know who the driver was at the given date and time". i am not prepared to pay for the ticket. but i dont wana have to go to court...do u think they will take it to court? and can they come to my house and clamp my car if i dnt pay the ticket? what should i do?

I parked in morrisons in streatham to go into the jobcentre -i clearly dont have the funds to pay the ticket. i did over stay 60MINUTES but it was the attendees at the job centre that kept there for soo long! I am the driver but not the registered keeper. And im finkin of writing back to these rogues and act as the registerd keeper to say "i do not know who the driver was at the given date and time". i am not prepared to pay for the ticket. but i dont wana have to go to court...do u think they will take it to court? and can they come to my house and clamp my car if i dnt pay the ticket? what should i do?

First do not send them anything especially if you are going to lie. The best advice is to ignore them completely. They will NOT take you to court and they cannot come to your house and clamp your vehicle.

So, in a nutshell ignore them and get on with your life.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Just to keep you all updated on my ticket that i recieved at the back end of june. I had 7 days to pay £70 or else it went up to £90. Anyway top and bottom of it is over a month has passed since the original 'fine' was due and i haven't even had a reminder or a letter statin i owe them more. Absolutely nothin. So glad i listened to the advice on this forum. I mean £70 is £70 but i'm much happier i haven't further lined the pockets of blatant crooks. I shall be makin a little donation to the site and i hope wverybody else takes this on too because to be honest i was dubious at first. Thanks to everyone who replied

Hi,

I've just been reading through all the previous posts, and I can't believe how many people are in the same situation as myself.

Last week, I was parked in Morrsons' in High Wycombe and overstayed the 2 hour limit by 1 hour. Anyway, I have received a letter from ecp, stating that the parking charge of 70 pound must be paid within 7 days, or it would be increased to 90 pound, payable within 28 days.

As I understand from reading previous posts I can either ignore or write back. In my situation is it best to either ignore all the letters, or write back stating laws, regarding contract, trespassing etc. As I was 1 hour over the 2 hour allowance are they more likely to pursue my case as opposed to someone who overstayed by 15mins?

If I choose to ignore, how many letters am I expected to receive, and in reality if I am taken to court, would it damage my credit rating?

Regards,

A worried car owner

As I was 1 hour over the 2 hour allowance are they more likely to pursue my case as opposed to someone who overstayed by 15mins?

:shock: you mean the monkeys at ECP have learnt to tell the time?? :shock:

If I choose to ignore, how many letters am I expected to receive,

2 from PPC

3 from DCA

2 from "solicitor"

and in reality if I am taken to court, would it damage my credit rating?

A worried car owner

only if they actually went to court (0.001% chance)

then they have to win (0.000001% chance)

then you have to refuse to pay (NIL chance)

So no, no damage to your credit rating.

Just to keep you all updated on my ticket that i recieved at the back end of june. I had 7 days to pay £70 or else it went up to £90. Anyway top and bottom of it is over a month has passed since the original 'fine' was due and i haven't even had a reminder or a letter statin i owe them more. Absolutely nothin. So glad i listened to the advice on this forum. I mean £70 is £70 but i'm much happier i haven't further lined the pockets of blatant crooks. I shall be makin a little donation to the site and i hope wverybody else takes this on too because to be honest i was dubious at first. Thanks to everyone who replied

So...did u not respond to the first letter?? coz mine has been 10 days now...and im waiting for the second letter

:shock: you mean the monkeys at ECP have learnt to tell the time?? :shock:

2 from PPC

3 from DCA

2 from "solicitor"

only if they actually went to court (0.001% chance)

then they have to win (0.000001% chance)

then you have to refuse to pay (NIL chance)

So no, no damage to your credit rating.

so Crem are you saying if you choose to ignore them ...you are digging a deeper hole??

• 4 weeks later...

Im not gona lie...Euro Car parks are not serious...its been a month and only now they want to charge me £90! after demanding for £70 in seven days.

i am kinda scared and im finking of advising the RK to let them no that she wasnt the driver at the time...they will take the issue to debt collecters nd it may damage her credit scoring.

what do u fink?

Im not gona lie...Euro Car parks are not serious...its been a month and only now they want to charge me £90! after demanding for £70 in seven days.

i am kinda scared and im finking of advising the RK to let them no that she wasnt the driver at the time...they will take the issue to debt collecters nd it may damage her credit scoring.

what do u fink?

Don't want to sound harsh here, but have you read any of the other responses to this thread?

Tell the RK to ignore EVERYTHING they send, they have not "issued a FINE", they have "posted an invoice", an invoice that doesn't need to be paid as the contract the invoice is based on is slight dodgy to put it mildly.

Steve, xxxxx, UK

Barclays

DPA letter delivered by hand 04/04/06

Statement request confirmed & DPA payment refunded! 06/04/06

At least it shows they have a sense of humour.

i am kinda scared and im finking of advising the RK to let them no that she wasnt the driver at the time...

Which means she cannot under any circumstances be held liable for the begging letters.

they will take the issue to debt collecters

Debt collectors = People with absolutely no powers to do anything but send letters, some even in scary red ink!

nd it may damage her credit scoring.

There is no way they can damage or affect her credit rating whatsoever.

what do u fink?

I 'fink' you are taking them far too seriously.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

DONT DONT DONT pay, I got 'ticket' and I just did what everyone told me and ignored it, sure the letters kept arriving but I refused to be bullied by these cowboys. It went quiet for a couple of months and then approx a year after the first letter arrived I got another letter and since then its all gone quiet its been over two years now since I got the first letter and my hard earned cash has remained in my wallet. So just ignore them, they will get bored and go and annoy someone else.

• 3 months later...
Hi,

I've just been reading through all the previous posts, and I can't believe how many people are in the same situation as myself.

Last week, I was parked in Morrsons' in High Wycombe and overstayed the 2 hour limit by 1 hour. Anyway, I have received a letter from ecp, stating that the parking charge of 70 pound must be paid within 7 days, or it would be increased to 90 pound, payable within 28 days.

As I understand from reading previous posts I can either ignore or write back. In my situation is it best to either ignore all the letters, or write back stating laws, regarding contract, trespassing etc. As I was 1 hour over the 2 hour allowance are they more likely to pursue my case as opposed to someone who overstayed by 15mins?

If I choose to ignore, how many letters am I expected to receive, and in reality if I am taken to court, would it damage my credit rating?

Regards,

A worried car owner

Snap! I have now received a letter from 'controlaccountplc - Credit Management' Guess I just follow everyone else's advice and ignore them! I don't recall there being any statute of law on any of the 'fines' I received - I think this is a rather telling factor...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks