"Parking Charge" £70 Euro Car Parks?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i'm new to the site. It's good to see I'm not alone in my predicament with euro car parks. I received a fine for parking for parking in a sainsburys disabled bay. My blue badge was outdated therefore I didnt display it. I've parked in many sainsburys car parks in my home town without being fined, but didnt see the sign in this london car park. Any ideas? Any help greatfully received. C Fedup:confused:

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C Fedup.

Advice as always with Euro Car Parks.

Do not engage with their appeals process.

Do not respond to any direct communication from Euro Car Parks

When you get a letter purporting to be from a debt collector, write back to them stating that "the debt is denied completely - refer back to Euro Car Parks"

This is probably the shortest route - you will probably get 5 or 6 letters from ECP and / or their debt collector before they move on to pastures new.

If you wish a bit more sport, use the templates. They will write back to you more as they will think they've got a "live one" on the end of their line.

Also write complaining letters to OFT, Trading Standards, DVLA [requesting V888 2/3 documents], AA or RAC if you are a member.

completely your call but but don't worry and please don't even think about paying.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119802-private-parking-tickets-template.html

• 1 month later...

Hi all,firstly i just wanted to say a huge thanks for making me stop and think before i payed a recent parking charge that my husband recieved (well two charges!!). He knew he had overstayed the 90 minute limit at a local Aldi car park (in fact by 45 mins) but as he had not received a ticket on his car thought nothing more about it until we receieved a PCN through the post from Parking eye ...during this time he had used the car park again for 1 hour 55 mins!!...so we now have two PCNs to pay. As they dont use the word fine or offence i assume we cannot use any of that legal approach to dispute the charge...should we just ignore and sit tight??? sounds so easy to say but not feeling confident about doing it. £80 is alot to pay but i cannot help but think about how much it could snowball into!!Is there any chance that they could prove who was driving it as i do sometimes drive it and understand that if they cannot prove who was driving and therefore who entered into the contract then they cannot hold him liable for the charge simply as the registered keeper (is that right??) Also, is it going to look worse having been issued with 2 PCNs??any advice, help and support greatly appreciated!!

Parking Eye - well known.

Just ignore all the letters you receive and they will go away after sending you 5 or 6.

The law does not allow private companies to issue fines, only recoup actual losses. Hence they won't take you to court.

Just ignore them. They are powerless.

The snowball effect is them just increasing the amount with each letter in an attempt to scare you into paying. It's a big [problem].

Edited by Al27

This is totally irrelevant, but i have found Euro Car Parks staff to be completely unhelpful on contacting them.

I emailed the company around 3 weeks ago to question the validity of any ticket handed out to them and to question if they were aware that the signs they have up in a local Co-op car park were illegal (claim to be able to issue a penalty charge notice). The reply I got was "have you recieved a parking invoice from this car park". I replyed that this was irrelevant. I have now recieved an email from them telling me to stop wasting their time.

I think this kind of attitude just shows that there is absolutly no point in getting involved in any kind of PPC, except to inform them that unless they begin court proceedings within 14 days, then any correspondance will be considered harrasment and will be reported to the relevant authorities.

HI all,

My first post!.

Don't be worried though, thought I'd share the following with you all about these leeches:

Ignore it. They will then get the reg keeper's details from the DVLA and send a further demand.

At that point, the reg keeper can write to them, thanking them for their invoice, and suggesting that they pursue the driver for payment.

The reg keeper is under no obligation whatsoever to provide any information, or to pay the so-called "fine", which is, in fact just an invoice for either breach of contract or damages in tort.

You could also suggest that they do not write to you again, unless to confirm the invoice has been cancelled, and referring them to the Protection from Harassment Act.

You do not need to say anything else. Do not refer to "appeal" or ask them for any further information, or give them any more information. Simply tell them to pursue the driver and to leave you alone.

Whatever you do, DO NOT PAY!!!!

Sounds easy to say, but look at the document you have 'on your car wind screen', it does not at any time quote the law you broke, the offence you commited.

Theres a reason for this...you broke nothing, you commited no offence.

Don’t be afraid to contact and request the assistance of the following-

The Police

Trading Standards

The Office of Fair Trading

These organisations were created to protect you and your rights. They may be reluctant to undertake what they regard as a trifling or minor matter but don’t accept that. Demand their assistance. Your council tax, income tax and every other tax the good people of the UK are fleeced for pays for this protection. You have earnt it.

Hi,

I'm new to the site and I'm after some advice on the Euro Car Park people.

I was parked in a Lidl car park which was not pay and display. I parked at 8.20pm and retruned at 9.40pm to find I'd been given a £100 ticket which reduces to £50 if I pay within 14 days.

The signs in the carpark say 'maximum stay 1hr' which I obviously exceeded (not sure if this helps but the shop shut at 9pm). On the ticket the 'lovely man' has written 'Parked after 9.30'. There were no signs up saying a kick out time, just that the max time was an hour.

Is there a way out of paying this? I hope so!

Thanks

You have an unenforceable invoice. There is no need to pay. It's a [problem].

• do not pay

• do not contact them

ignore any letters you receive, no matter how threatening

• they will go away after 5 or 6

ignore all their lies about owner liabilty, CCJs and court

Private companies cannot impose financial penalties. They just cash in by people falling for their threatening letters.

Been following the Euro-Carparks [problem] with interest a vehicle I own was issued with a rather official looking Euro-Carpark "invoice" from a Sainsbury's. Just received the 28 day warning and am debating whether to do nothing or or write a letter asking them to politely pursue the driver.

Then today, I recieved a "Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice" for the princely sum of £95 for another vehicle overstaying time at Wickes !

1346798qwe.jpg

Note the interesting bit under PAYMENT about supplying the drivers name !

Edited by p.s.

Say that you will of course release full driver details upon receipt of an authenticated S172 request to do so.

Like it ! And one I'll no doubt use at some stage against another one

As it transpires, wickes are going to revoke it anyway

Not the point and a sneaky addition on the invoice, how long before they all start doing this

To PS which Wickes did you get a worthless bit of paper from. Have a look at this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/155620-parking-charge-advice-needed-2.html The reason I ask is that Wickes a one of the stores referred to in the thread and some of their managers are shall we say a bit naughty, one site I know of which belongs to my client has a food van operating in it on shared car park and the Wickes manager is charging the tea van for the benefit in cash. Not bad on someone elses property. Let me know and i'll see if i can get some info mate

• 2 weeks later...

I received notification of a PCN from jan 08 in august 08. It was from an NCP car park in glasgow.

within 12 days of the first I had received a letter from a debt collectors offering me 7 days to pay up.

When i told them i wasnt the driver and asked for evidence of my car being there, including a copy of the original ticket they hung up on me

I received a letter from a lawyer a notification of legal action exactly 7 days after the first debt collectors letter was sent, three days after speaking to the debt collectors on the phone

I now have no choice but to attend court should they take me.

I wrote to the lawyer detailing my process in attempting to appeal the PCN as suggested in this and other threads and am now awaiting a response.

BUT - what should i do? it looks like theyre going to take me to small claims. I dont want to completely ignore it as this will affect any future credit ratings for me should they rule against me.

The charge has gone from £85 for the parking fine to an additional minimum of £170 for small claims costs.

advice? plz?

Are you sure they said they are taking you to court or did they just use intimidating words like "this MAY result in a court case" or "papers are being prepared for a case like these pretend ones we're typing below to frighten you" or even "If you ignore our begging letters we MAY make it sound like you MAY go to court and you MAY get a CCJ against you and you MAY not be able to get credit again for 3 lifetimes"

P.S.

I am sure that you are a strong willed person, continue to ignore.

I do like the scattergun heading, 'Notice to owner/keeper/hirer/driver and anyone else who happened to be walking past at the time'. Yes, that should just about cover it.:D

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

I don't think you really need to be too strong willed to ignore them now they have sent you that get-out-of-jail-free card. :)

Do you really think they will go anywhere near a court now and let you show the magistrate this letter stating "as RK you are legally liable for the Parking Charge even if you were not the driver"

You are in no way legally liable, as only the police/council can issue fines that hold the RK responsible if the driver is not declared.

that notice is a pure joke. responsibility lies with three separate people at the same time. and you cannot bind a third party to a contract. I would have no trouble ignoring it. can't stop myself from laughing at it though.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks