style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I became the guarantor on an "assured shorthold tenancy". The contract states that it runs from the twenty eighth day of February 2009 to and including the twenty seventh day of February 2010.

This to me looked solid as a rock, however the landlord has now sent a letter advising he wishes to move back in at the end of August, this is 6months into the contract and the notice has been served now.

It does state in special tenancy conditions that the landlord may give 2 months notice in accordance with section 21 of the housing act 1988.

I am wondering if it was really worth signing a 12month contract if it can be ended so easily by the landlord after 6months?

My friends also paid over £900 for credit checking to get the property would this be re-imbursed?

They do not have enough to put a deposit down on a new property, is there any provision for this ? Or can they only get there deposit back once they have vacated the property?

I never imagined the law would be so skewed towards the landlord. I'm phoning shelter tomorrow as this has agitated me, but i was hoping that someone might be able to quickly answer this.

If you have a 12 month AST then the landlord cannot evict you before the contract ends unless you are in breach of contract. His right to evict you with 2 months notice only begins after the contract ends and becomes a statutory periodic tenancy. I would advise your friend to go to the CAB or SHELTER for proper advice on this.

Opinions are offered in good faith based upon personal experience and research. Before making any irreversible decisions the opinion of a qualified, registered and insured legal professional should be sought.

If my advice or information has assisted you in any way - please click my scales.

thanks

Nat West Charges £1056 WON

RBS Charges £3600 WON

RBS Unenforceable Loan £18500 Pending

RBS PPI on loan above Pending

MBNA Credit Card CCA & SAR Sent

Co-op Credit Card CCA Sent