AAAAGGGHHH! (parking ticket)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad:Just found your site after a bit of browsing.. all very informative...and makes good reading!!

Anyway I've a on-going problem with Central Ticketing in Birmingham, which I'm hoping for some assistance with...

Parked in the free Blockbuster car park in Falkirk on 14/11/2008, and as I could see another customer remonstrating with a parking warden, I double checked the signs on display to make sure I wasn't in breach of any regulations.. There are a number of signs around the car park stating that this is a customer only car park, and there is a HUGE sign re-inforcing the fact that this facililty is for Blockbusters and 2 other nearby shops..

I went into Blockbusters, and emerged 20 minutes later having bought a number of item to find I had been ticketed... parking warden had disappeared!!!

Checking the ticket, I was found to be in contravention as I had parked my car and left the site... there is no other way to get to the shops as it is an enclosed car park!!

I wrote to Central ticketing immediately enclosing my reciept from Blockbusters expecting it to be written off, as I hadn't contravened any of their conditions (genuinely)....

Instead they wrote to me 2 months later to tell me that my appeal, "On this occasion was un-succesfull.." and that I should pay the fine or face a £135 fine which would increase due to costs and be passed on to a debt collection agency!!!!

I wrote to them again clarifying the situation even further stating I would not be paying the fine. I've now recieved a letter ignoring my claims which stated that they will recover the 'debt' through County Court Action, however firstly they will be employing the services of a debt collection agency.

How can this company be pursuing a debt which surely can't be lawful as I've committed no violation of their rules, and what will happen if the debt collectors / baillifs come to my door demanding payment???

HELP!!!![ATTACH][ATTACH]:shock:[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

DSC00545.jpg

DSC00546.jpg

Welcome to the forums.

You've already learned an important thing about these companies - you won't win any appeal they want your money.

What you have is an invoice for an alleged breach of a contract. This is a civil matter they don't have any power to fine you.

Contracturally they have shot themselves in the foot as the term is unreasonable - they make you break the contract by leaving site and not providing an entrance/exit into the shop.

I hope you sent a copy of the rceipt from blockbuster and not the original as this will not strengthen your case.

As for the amount £135 for a breach of contract constitutues a penalty charge - illegal under case law in this country.

Your best bet from this point is to cease all contact and ignore them.

They will persist in their "threat-o-grams" before eventually giving up. Store all their letters in case they are silly enough to take you to court.

I would not send any "snot-o-grams" back to them.

Debt collectors have no more powers than you or I to enforce a debt. They are not bailiffs and cannot force entry or take property unless you invite them to. If they come to your house you can tell them to F.OA.D.

(F Off and Die).

Bailiffs only become involved IF you go to court, Lose, and then Dont pay the judgement in the time allocated. It is extremely unlikely that they will take you to court.

Do a search on this forum for Central Ticketing. You see a number of threads. I don't recall them taking anyone to court.

• Do not pay
  • Do not contact them again
  • ignore them
  • store all their letters and relevant documents
  • Get on with the rest of your life.

Post back if you have any questions or need some support.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your help guys...won't bother writing to them again, and loved the FOAD!!! Think that's what'll happen should they bother to come to my door... one other thing.. how does this affect my credit rating?? had a bit of a stinker about 6 years ago and I'm just getting it back on track now!!?? Thanks again:D

The only possible danger here is that if they do decide to put the matter to the hands of the DCA, the DCA may well begin by putting a negative entries on your credit file. This could have very substantial adverse effects for at least six years.

I would suggest that you keep an eye open on your credit file for this kind of trouble.

Let me suggest you a solution which actually, you may feel that is a load of trouble -- but would provide some fun and would give Blockbuster a real shock and maybe force them to sort themselves out.

Don't forget that I'm talking theoretically here, but I think that the reasoning is pretty sound :

I think that you have a contract with blockbusters. The contract is that if you will go into their store and use it, then while you are doing so they will provide you with a free parking space. That is the contract. You are entitled to the benefit that you get from them and you are entitled to use it peaceably. The fact that you are being hassled by Blockbuster's agent is a breach of contract. As a result of the breach you have suffered loss. Your loss at the moment is the time and the cost of writing to appeal.

Although this is a very small loss, I would say that technically it is enough to give you what you need to begin an action for breach of contract.

I suspect the blockbusters received a summons through the post, that they would take this matter seriously. They would certainly call the dogs off you. They might take a wider action to stop this kind of thing happening altogether.

The cost of bringing this claim would be about £30 using money claim online. It would also give you a perfect basis from which to challenge any attempt to blot your credit file.

This may seem a lot of trouble to you -- and frankly it is a nuisance. However for a small outlay (which you are likely to get back from blockbusters or from the courts), you could score a very serious point.

At the same time I would also inform the local press. I'm sure one of the local journalist will be very interested to write it up -- firstly the story of the inescapable parking fine -- and secondly the story of the person who stood up for themselves against it and to Blockbuster to court. Even if it never got to court, the story would be good

Hello Gertrude.

You are utterly wrong.

Which PPC do you work for ? Central Ticketing or some other crowd ?

To the OP,

the paperwork from Central Ticketing that I have seen is always thoroughly in breach of Results within legislation - Statute Law Database

also see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/164651-problems-ppcs-face.html?highlight=problems+ppc+face and FAQs - PPCs - fighting back. The forces are aligned

review their notice and any letter they send to the Registered Keeper for breaches. Also worth keeping in mind Fraud Act 2006 (c. 35) - Statute Law Database as many PPCs break that.

the chances of the Central Ticketing actually have sufficient legal rights to offer a contract for parking are very very remote.

By all means post back on here if you wish to take the PPC to task of any legal transgressions it may have committed. I should add that if it hasn't committed any transgressions it will be the first such case we have seen.

Sorry Gertrude.

• Haha 1

The only possible danger here is that if they do decide to put the matter to the hands of the DCA, the DCA may well begin by putting a negative entries on your credit file. This could have very substantial adverse effects for at least six years.

How can they get an entry on a credit file without going to court? This at the moment only remains an alledged debt, not an actual default on payment.

How can they get an entry on a credit file without going to court? This at the moment only remains an alledged debt, not an actual default on payment.

That's what I was wondering.

If anybody who says we owe them money could interfere with our credit file, I'm sure most of the population would have a bad credit rating.

That's what I was wondering.

If anybody who says we owe them money could interfere with our credit file, I'm sure most of the population would have a bad credit rating.

I think, but am far from certain that you have to have a consumer credit license for a start.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

The ticket was legally issued and need to be paid.

*shakes head*..You sad, sad man, (maybe female but I somehow doubt it).

I find the fact that you arnt supposed to leave the car/car park to get to Blockbuster rather amusing !..maybe some sort of teleportation device is needed.

:DThanks for everyones help! Gertrude... Think I'll pay the fine now that you've told me to...you're right, it was legally issued as per the guidelines and I should know better than to challenge the system, which quite obviously works..hmmm

Anyway, Got another letter in this week... they're really pushing now... they are now demanding the money be paid immediately or else...

Bottom line, I know I should just ignore them as per the advice on here, but it's hard... especially as I'm 100% in the right and it's annoying the hell out of me! I've now passed all my information to my lawyer who is gonna get a letter sent out to them.. (not sure how useful that will be, but will update on here if it works??)

Also sent an e-mail off to the local rag, but they've ran tons of stories about this car park, and don't want to flog a dead horse!

Spoke to Blockbusters staff also, who state they are powerless to assist, but told me that they recieve tons of complaints from customers including the following example which I found outrageous!!

10 o'clock in the morning, a guy parks his car in the car park right in front of the parking warden, brings his dog out from the boot of the car, which is bleeding heavily having been ran over by a car, and runs accross the road to the vets... comes back out an hour later, minus one dead dog. To make matters worse, the stupid woman had also attached a ticket to his bloody windscreen!! I hope for her sake that she wasn't still around when he got out!

Anyway, yet again another example of 'justice' being done. :lol:

*shakes head*..You sad, sad man, (maybe female but I somehow doubt it).

I find the fact that you arnt supposed to leave the car/car park to get to Blockbuster rather amusing !..maybe some sort of teleportation device is needed.

Teleportation device??!! Are you mad? There's no such thing!!! Ha ha!! What I should have done was put on my cape and fly from the car park into the shop.. that way I wouldn't have walked out! (Yes Superman is real!):lol:

Teleportation device??!! Are you mad? There's no such thing!!! Ha ha!! What I should have done was put on my cape and fly from the car park into the shop.. that way I wouldn't have walked out! (Yes Superman is real!):lol:

A teleportation device - beam me up Gertrude - No? I'll bloody walk then!

Of course Superman is real - like the enforcibility of the invoices issued by Gertrude and his ilk on planet perky.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you break the rules on the sign you have to pay. Yes, P-A-Y. Not "just ignore them". That doesn't work. How hard is that to understand?

Please explain how you come to this conclusion.

We know you are dying to tell us and clarify exactly how we have misunderstood the Law.

Guys,

Re Gertie - why flatter this Jodrells one-liner posts with a response.

He clearly has nothing useful to contribute to the debate.

Ignore him & he will eventually go-away, just like the dubious junk invoices & empty threats these bottom feeders send out.