Can they take my car away?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Me again!

I was just wondering whether my car is at risk, as it's my only asset? I rent my accomodation, so my house isn't at risk.

As a recap, I'm currently in about £7,000 of debt and cannot afford my monthly repayments because of changes in my circumstances. I have sent CCAs to five credit card companies very recently, so it's too early to get responses yet. I have also just returned my business credit card back to the bank owner, on their request, and have asked that same bank (where my business account sits) to hold my £466 unauthorised overdraft, freezing any interest or fees for the next six months. We'll see what they say to that!

I know I'm at early stages in all this, but if my car is at *any* risk of being taken to pay my credit card bills or even that unauthorised overdraft I would prefer to make alternative arrangements now, in advnace... Someone I trust has offered to take on ownership of the car, but so that I can still use it, if it is at risk and I would be happy to do this. Do you think I ought to, just in case?

Thanks!

the only people that can take your car are bailliffs & they can only do that if any of your debts are fines/council tax/ etc , true govt stuff. AFTER it has been to court.

the ONLY time people other than a bailiff might lift your car is if it is on HP/finance/loan secured against it.

DCA's [as opposed to court bailliffs above] HAVE NO LEGAL POWERS!!

they can write what they like in their threat-o-grams, but thats all they are threats, ignore them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thats ok

you seem to be trying to get your house in order.

give us a msg if we can help anymore

all at cag are here to help

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thats ok

you seem to be trying to get your house in order.

give us a msg if we can help anymore

all at cag are here to help

dx

That's really nice of you. Thanks so much! Am trying to get everything in order and just hoping it all works out... I do struggle to understand some of the info - you know, the lawyer speak in the Acts text! But thankfully you all seem to understand it, so I'm in good hands,

Really appreciate your help. I know there are companies out there who would do this for me, but they require money up front and that's money that I don't have - even on a credit card! So I'm trying to understand as much of it as I can. Getting there... :)

All best x