Wescot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have finally sent an email to Wescot in exasperation giving them 7 days to produce a copy of Default Notice, Notice of Assignment, and Assignment from the OC to Wescot. I am almost certtain they don't have them.

Had a reply back from the office saying the person who is dealing with my case is on holiday, has my documents with her and won't be back til 11/05!!!

I've just about had it with them, why are my documents being carried around like this for anyway??? should I wait until the holiday is over?

Surely the removal of private financial documents from a place of business by an individual without good reason is against the Data Protection Act ?

I mean if that person is officially on holiday should they have that data?

I don't know I'm asking :-|

Yes, exactly what I was thinking.....my documents could be anywhere and it bothers me that the office won't have access to them until this person gets back from holiday? Hmmmm, even MI5 agents lose memory sticks

Surely the removal of private financial documents from a place of business by an individual without good reason is against the Data Protection Act ?

I mean if that person is officially on holiday should they have that data?

I don't know I'm asking :-|

Not necessarily - the DPA requires that personal data is held securely - if they have secure facilities at home - I don't think that the IC would get involved....

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Hi,

I would actually ask them to confirm in writing that the person who has your data has secure facilities at home. :) I would almost bet they don't. If they won't, ask them why not. I think you will have great grounds for a complaint here

With the best will in the world, 4x4, unless your alleged debt is for £100,000 or so, why would it be so important to Wescot that one of their "Chief Executives" has to take it home with them to their "secure facilities" because they want to work on it during their holiday?

How often do any of us get a call from the same person at any of the debt collectors? Our accounts are not given to one individual - you get rid of one of them and then you come up on the system and someone else bothers you.

I expect they are just playing for time as Molly says - but you might be able to have a bit of fun with them - and cause them a few problems too. :D

DD

Yes, do cause Wescot a few problems over this - I have never heard such a ridiculous excuse in my life and I would be sending a copy of their reply to the OFT and Information Commissioner for breach of the Data Protection Act.

I have finally sent an email to Wescot in exasperation giving them 7 days to produce a copy of Default Notice, Notice of Assignment, and Assignment from the OC to Wescot. I am almost certtain they don't have them.

Had a reply back from the office saying the person who is dealing with my case is on holiday, has my documents with her and won't be back til 11/05!!!

I've just about had it with them, why are my documents being carried around like this for anyway??? should I wait until the holiday is over?

I would demand that person's home telephone number so you can ring them up and harass them.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Some great thoughts going on here! Sorry, I should have mentioned that the person I am dealing with is the legal compliance director...if you know who I mean. I have been on her case for a while now.

And, no, the amount is not £100,000!!!

Try this in writing to them

Your Legal Compliance Officer has little understanding of the Data Protection Act and needs to go on an intensive retraining course - as she has taken private company data away from the premises (and possibly out of the country) without the data subjects express permission.

I would complain directly to the Information Commissioner and send them any documentation they have supplied on this....

Some great thoughts going on here! Sorry, I should have mentioned that the person I am dealing with is the legal compliance director...if you know who I mean. I have been on her case for a while now.

And, no, the amount is not £100,000!!!

Serves you right then NAhNeeNAh:eek:

Well if I push them for the docs requested and they are unable to produce before 11/05 then I'm certainly going to report to the Information Commissioner. It makes my blood boil...my private information could be anywhere. :-x