Lloyds settled loan PPI reclaim - advice please! ***WON***

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3752 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

We have just discovered some paperwork for two old loans we had with Lloyds TSB which were both settled in full in 2003 and 2004.

Both of these loans had front-loaded single premium PPI and on settlement, according to the statements I have, we received a refund of around 70% of the premium.

We are currently underway with claims for mis-sold PPI on two current loans we have with Lloyds and believe the PPI on these previous loans was also mis-sold.

What I am struggling with is how I work out how much PPI we should be asking for back, having already received a partial refund when the loans were repaid.

Both loans were repaid early, after only 8 and 5 months respectively.

The second loan was used to pay off the first. On the second, larger, loan we also had to pay an early settlement fee of £185 which is mentioned in the T&Cs.

I have put the figures for each loan into the single premium PPI spreadsheets and have figures for both statutory and contractual interest.

The only way I have been able to work it out is by taking the amount we were refunded away from the figure the spreadsheet has come up with, but I'm sure it must be more complex than that.

Can anyone help me with this please? I would like to get the letter off to the bank today if possible:D

Thanks in advance,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Landy,

Not too clever at spreadsheets. I had multiple refinancing loans. Because of rebates each time on the loan and PPI, my claims produced refunds of all of the monthly PPI premiums I had paid on each loan up to refinancing plus the interest on them and I got 8% Statutory on top from the dates the loan started to the date I accepted the offer.

Eg loan 1 xx Months X £xx = £xx plus 8%

loans 2, 3 etc the FOS dealt with my complaints and said these were the figures they would have insisted on. Have a look at my thread for the full picture.

aa

• Haha 1

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your response - I have just spent the last few hours reading your very long and very informative thread and will (if you don't mind:D) pinch a few choice phrases which you used in your letters to reclaim your PPI! Very well done to you for your win against RBS!

As a result of all that reading I won't be getting the letter off today as planned, but hopefully it will be worded better now and therefore prove more successful.

Still not sure about the amounts we should be requesting but will have another play around with the figures - can't believe I was once in the top set for maths as I now seem to be c**p:eek:

If anyone else can offer any advice it would be most appreciated!

Regards,

Landy X

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your response - I have just spent the last few hours reading your very long and very informative thread and will (if you don't mind:D) pinch a few choice phrases which you used in your letters to reclaim your PPI! Very well done to you for your win against RBS!

As a result of all that reading I won't be getting the letter off today as planned, but hopefully it will be worded better now and therefore prove more successful.

Still not sure about the amounts we should be requesting but will have another play around with the figures - can't believe I was once in the top set for maths as I now seem to be c**p:shock:

If anyone else can offer any advice it would be most appreciated!

Regards,

Landy X

Please feel free to copy useful info for yourself from my thread.:D

A few spreadsheets here for you to look at.

Interest calculation spreadsheets

hope these help;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Many thanks again:)

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

• 4 weeks later...

Just updating this thread for further advice please:)

What's happened so far -

1) Have contacted Lloyds TSB regarding mis-sold PPI on two outstanding loans - currently awaiting final response from Lloyds - if necessary will then go to FOS.

2) Have also contacted Lloyds re: 2 older settled loans with mis-sold PPI applied. On these a partial refund was received on settlement. Have heard nothing in response, but early days yet.

3) Have received SARs back from Lloyds and have discovered several old settled loans (from up to 20 years ago). Now I know these are outside of the 6 year time frame - the most recent was repaid 7 years ago, but have read on the forum that it can be argued that it's possible to reclaim even from that long ago (well maybe not the 20 years!). We don't have all the paperwork though - in some cases only the account numbers and loan/PPI amounts, not interest rate. Is this dead in the water or is it possible, as I read, for the bank to reconstruct an agreement from the bare bones? Not that I can imagine they'd be too keen to do this, lol!

If anyone has any idea about this last point I would be interested to hear their views.

Many thanks as always.

Regards,

Landy x

Edited by landy_alert
typo!

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Re: Lloyds settled loan PPI reclaim - advice please!

Just updating this thread for further advice please:-)

What's happened so far -

1) Have contacted Lloyds TSB regarding mis-sold PPI on two outstanding loans - currently awaiting final response from Lloyds - if necessary will then go to FOS.

2) Have also contacted Lloyds re: 2 older settled loans with mis-sold PPI applied. On these a partial refunded was received on settlement. Have heard nothing in response, but early days yet.

3) Have received SARs back from Lloyds and have discovered several old settled loans (from up to 20 years ago). Now I know these are outside of the 6 year time frame - the most recent was repaid 7 years ago, but have read on the forum that it can be argued that it's possible to reclaim even from that long ago (well maybe not the 20 years!). We don't have all the paperwork though - in some cases only the account numbers and loan/PPI amounts, not interest rate. Is this dead in the water or is it possible, as I read, for the bank to reconstruct an agreement from the bare bones? Not that I can imagine they'd be too keen to do this, lol!

If anyone has any idea about this last point I would be interested to hear their views.

Many thanks as always.

Regards,

Landy x

They will not be too keen as you rightly point out.

However, if the loans were refinancing loans one after another after another as mine were then the the FOS will certainly be of a mind to look at the complaint before the six year point. In my own case I have recovered PPI through the FOS going back to 1997 so thats 12 years worth.

As for the six year cut off, the advice on CAG is do not accept the six years as a lot of folks including me have received paperwork a long time before that and if the bank have the paperwork (data) and you request it they are under the Statute of the Data Protection Act 1998. That means they must supply you with that information they cannot just say sorry you cannot have anything older than 6 years old. If they do you could ask to visit the bank to check all the files held against you as a data subject. That may make them sit up.

I would also suggest that the account numbers and loan/PPI amounts would be enough to get the FOS to look at them time to copy everything you have at least two copies of each. Include 1 copy of every scrap of paperwork you have to the FOS with the complaint.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Found this little beauty under the limitation act 1980.

32.--

• (1) .... where in the case of any action for which a period of limitation is prescribed by this Act, either-
    • (a) the action is based upon the fraud of the defendant; or
    • (b) any fact relevant to the plaintiff's right of action has been deliberately concealed from him by the defendant; or
    • © the action is for relief from the consequences of a mistake;

[*]the period of limitation shall not begin to run until the plaintiff has discovered the fraud, concealment or mistake (as the case may be) or could with reasonable diligence have discovered it. ....

[*](2) For the purposes of subsection (1) above, deliberate commission of a breach of duty in circumstances in which it is unlikely to be discovered for some time amounts to deliberate concealment of the facts involved in that breach of duty. . . . (5) Sections 14A and 14B of this Act shall not apply to any action to which subsection (1)(b) above applies (and accordingly the period of limitation referred to in that sub-section, in any case to which either of those sections would otherwise apply, is the period applicable under section 2 of this Act).

So it basically says time limitation does not start until the mistake has been found.

So if you have only just found the error which i think due to the publicity we all have the limitation does not start until we have found it.

Limitation act 1980 below

Limitation Act 1980 (-), swarb.co.uk

Regards

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi aa and PF,

Thank you both for the info and good advice as always - I need to do a bit more digging in the good old SAR stuff and check that there's nothing else there relating to these old loans.

At the moment I'm not sure if they were refinancing loans like yours aa - need to double check dates etc - it's interesting to know that yours went back 12 years. (We have now amended our bank charges reclaim to include charges from 1999 which is when our statements go back to - there's not many from then, but every little helps!).

PF - how far back do your Co-op loans go and do you have all the agreements/paperwork for them? Did you receive that email re:MBNA card-carriers I sent you a while back by the way?

Thanks again,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

My Co-op claim goes back to 07/1999 and as alan says mine are refinanced into another so i should be ok.

Yes i do have every agreement for the Co-op.

Thank You Landy for the card carriers yes i did get them ok

Regards

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

My Co-op claim goes back to 07/1999 and as alan says mine are refinanced into another so i should be ok.

Yes i do have every agreement for the Co-op.

Thank You Landy for the card carriers yes i did get them ok

Regards

PF

You're very welcome PF :D

Let me know if there's anything else I can do - it's the least I can do after you've helped me so much!

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Hi everyone!

Over the weekend while having a delve through some old paperwork in the loft OH came across the agreements for another two of our old settled Lloyds loans:D

I haven't had a proper chance to study them yet, but they definitely both had PPI. At least I now have the APR and can work out the figures properly!

There were also some documents relating to a Direct Line loan which also had PPI, so I'm going to be a busy bunny over the next few days trying to put the pieces together.....

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Hi everyone!

Over the weekend while having a delve through some old paperwork in the loft OH came across the agreements for another two of our old settled Lloyds loans:grin:

I haven't had a proper chance to study them yet, but they definitely both had PPI. At least I now have the APR and can work out the figures properly!

There were also some documents relating to a Direct Line loan which also had PPI, so I'm going to be a busy bunny over the next few days trying to put the pieces together.....

Regards,

Landy x

If the Direct Line is in fact Direct Line Financial Services (DLFS) you will need to direct your claim to RBS. There is information on this on my thread which is linked at the bottom of my post.

Also see this to quote to RBS if you get any fob offs.

DirectLine

Hope this helps

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hi aa,

It is indeed Direct Line Financial Services - it's another pretty old one I think, although I can't find a date on the actual agreement. I guess I'm just going to have to go back through the mountains of bank statements and look for the repayments to see when it started/ended:-o

Will have a read of the link you gave and another scan through your thread.

Thanks again,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Hi aa,

It is indeed Direct Line Financial Services (The PPI claim then should go to RBS as per previous posts)- it's another pretty old one I think, although I can't find a date on the actual agreement. I guess I'm just going to have to go back through the mountains of bank statements and look for the repayments to see when it started/ended:shock:

Will have a read of the link you gave and another scan through your thread.

Thanks again,

Landy x

Landy I have posted in red our comments and blue my comments hope this assists

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Thank you aa:)

This has now been added of my list of items 'to do' over the next few days - along with PPI on a settled Sainsbury's loan OH paid off a couple of years ago, charges on an old Sainsbury's card and PPI/charges on an old M&S card......the list keeps on growing and the amount we are reclaiming in total is now a staggering £55,000+, lol!

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Good luck landy and please look through my thread link here....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/111159-rbs-ppi-claim-long.html

you will find a lot of letters that you may wish to copy and paste and use to your advantage if you so wish;).

I had a year long battle but got a result through the FOS in the end:D

I hope this is of use

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

I hope this is of use

aa

I'm sure it will be aa! Thanks again:D

I just can't believe that all this time we were owed over £55,000 in charges and mis-sold PPI and until I discovered CAG we had just been burying our heads in the sand. I've already had one success with charges from MBNA which is amazing and has boosted my confidence enormously!

I'm sure there's no way we'll get it all back and we do still have outstanding balances we need to pay off, but if we just get some of it back, it will have all been so worthwhile after the terrible time OH went through in 2007.

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just updating this thread - would you believe it - Lloyds have sent back paperwork we sent relating to PPI on old loans saying they don't recognise the account numbers............which we got from the statements etc they sent in our SARs:eek:

I'm just about reaching the end of my tether with Lloyds and think it's time to step things up a bit!

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Just to add -

we have the CCAs for both the old loans in question - these were found in our loft recently. However, neither of the CCAs have loan agreement/loan account numbers on them anywhere with which to identify them, but the paperwork we received back in our SARs included old loan statements relating to several settled loans and by a process of elimination I worked out which statements related to which CCA.

The only discrepancy I can see is that on some of the paperwork the loan accounts have a '0' at the start and in some they do not. I put the '0' in the letter I sent, so maybe should have left it out. In fact in the letter Lloyds sent accompanying OH's SAR, they refer to these loan accounts with a '0' at the start of the number. So this does seem rather like another of Lloyds famous delaying tactics to me!

As an aside, having just had another look at the copies I have of the two CCAs for these loans (these are the original copies given to OH when he took out the loans some years back), there is no signature box for either debtor or creditor and therefore no signatures appear on the agreements - is this correct?

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Just to add -

we have the CCAs for both the old loans in question - these were found in our loft recently. However, neither of the CCAs have loan agreement/loan account numbers on them anywhere with which to identify them, but the paperwork we received back in our SARs included old loan statements relating to several settled loans and by a process of elimination I worked out which statements related to which CCA.

The only discrepancy I can see is that on some of the paperwork the loan accounts have a '0' at the start and in some they do not. I put the '0' in the letter I sent, so maybe should have left it out. In fact in the letter Lloyds sent accompanying OH's Subject Access Request, they refer to these loan accounts with a '0' at the start of the number. So this does seem rather like another of Lloyds famous delaying tactics to me!

As an aside, having just had another look at the copies I have of the two CCAs for these loans (these are the original copies given to OH when he took out the loans some years back), there is no signature box for either debtor or creditor and therefore no signatures appear on the agreements - is this correct?

Regards,

Landy x

The original agreements should bear signatures both the top copy and the carbon copy, which is probably in your possession

aa

Edited by alanalana
spelling

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hi aa:)

Thanks as always for your response.

I have just had another look at the agreements and believe that maybe some parts are missing - although this is all OH ever received in relation to these loans as they have been stored in an orderly fashion in the card envelopes as provided at the time by the bank.

There are 2 sheets to each agreement, stapled together, the first sheet of each headed - 'Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974' and 'Non-Cancellable Personal Loan Agreement'. Above this is printed 'customer copy'. This sheet has OH's name, address etc and the amount borrowed, PPI, APR and notes about repayment.

In both cases the second sheet is headed 'Terms and Conditions' and indeed contains the t&cs.

On the first agreement the first sheet is printed 3/5 and the second sheet 5/5 and on the second agreement the first sheet is printed 3/5 and the second sheet 4/5. Therefore it would appear that not all the pages were given to OH - ie, 1/5, 2/5 etc.

Nowhere on either page of either agreement is there a signature box or indeed a signature of any kind.

These loans date from 2000 and 2001.

Possibly Lloyds keep pages 1/5, 2/5 etc and this is where the signatures are, although I did think that the customer was supposed to get a copy of the signed agreement?

There were no copies of these agreements in OH's SAR and indeed the accompanying letter stated that they no longer held all the paperwork relating to these old loans. The confusion with the loan agreement numbers arose because in the SAR letter the numbers quoted began with a '0' and on the statements they sent in the SAR the numbers were the same but minus the '0'.

Also, having compared them with the CCAs we've received back from Lloyds for more recent loans (and for which we don't have our original copies), these more recent ones have 'bank copy' on and are the signature docs - so maybe this confirms my theory that the bank keeps the signed copy?

Sorry for rambling - just trying to get my head around Lloyds weird tactics!

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Possibly Lloyds keep pages 1/5, 2/5 etc and this is where the signatures are, although I did think that the customer was supposed to get a copy of the signed agreement?

I may be wrong but my understanding is that both parties should have signed copies of the agreement in their possession after all this is a legal contract between two parties and so both should have the same information on the contract details.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

I may be wrong but my understanding is that both parties should have signed copies of the agreement in their possession after all this is a legal contract between two parties and so both should have the same information on the contract details.

aa

Hi aa,

Yes that's what I thought, but this definitely must be all the bank gave OH as it was stapled together and still in the card envelope as he received it. I must admit neither of us remember much about these old loans, but he wouldn't have stapled the pages together and disposed of the rest so that's obviously the way they did things then I suppose.

Lloyds do seem to have a different approach to everyone else, as we're finding out with their appalling lack of recognition of our hardship claim on the charges front:-x

Thanks again for your help!

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone:)

Just updating this thread - I will recap what has happened so far (all letters sent recorded) -

2 OLD JOINT LOANS (OH and I) SETTLED IN 2003 AND 2004

8/5/09 - Contacted Lloyds regarding mis-sold PPI on 2 old loans

No response or acknowledgement, so

28/5/09 - Sent 2nd letter

No response or acknowledgement, so

11/6/09 - Sent 3rd letter

Still no response or acknowledgement!!!

2 OLD LOANS (OH) SETTLED IN 2002

1/6/09 - Contacted Lloyds regarding mis-sold PPI on OH's 2 old loans

6/6/09 - Received letter from Lloyds - the numbers we provided for loan accounts are not recognised - they cannot trace any agreements or accounts from the information we provided - they returned all paperwork

8/6/09 - We returned paperwork to Lloyds, this time including copies of statements for these loan accounts which they recently sent in our SARs:eek: and informing them we also have copies of the original CCAs

23/6/09 - Received ALL paperwork back again from Lloyds with exactly the same letter stating they do not recognise the account numbers or trace any agreements with these numbers!

Now on neither of these issues have the 8 weeks elapsed to pass these matters to the FOS, but I am so totally exasperated from the apalling behaviour from LTSB - not even acknowledging one set of letters and continually returning/dismissing the second set - that I feel we have no option than to take this matter up with the FOS. Is it possible at this stage? - I realise we have no final response on the first claim (well, NO resonse at all, actually) and on the second, they close by saying they hope this fully explains their position, but if we have any further concerns to ring ***** (like we're going to call them - after what I discovered they had written in notes in our SAR about a telephone conversation I once had with them, I don't think so!)

The only other point the letter relating to the unrecognised account numbers does make, is that if we have any additional information to support our 'concern', we should return all paperwork so they can reconsider. Well, we DO have the originall CCAs which we could send them copies of, but seeing as we already sent them proofof the existance of the loan accounts in the form of copies of statements relating to both accounts, I wonder whether they would just reject these also - but I suppose it's worth one last try!

Apologies for the terribly long post, but Lloyds are totally doing my head in at the moment with their total disregard for their customers' complaints:evil:

Thanks as always for any help/advice,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded