• Tweets

• If Labour are elected I hope they go after everyone who made huge amounts of money out of this, by loading the company with debt. The sad thing is that some pension schemes, including the universities one, USS, will lose money along with customers.
    • What's the reason for not wanting a smart meter? Personally I'm saving a pile on a tariff only available with one. Today electricity is 17.17p/kWh. If the meter is truly past its certification date the supplier is obliged to replace it. If you refuse to allow this then eventually they'll get warrant and do so by force. Certified life varies between models and generations, some only 10 or 15 years, some older types as long as 40 years or maybe even more. Your meter should have its certified start date marked somewhere so if you doubt the supplier you can look up the certified life and cross check.
    • No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
    • Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Blackhorse PPI V Me **WON**

tracyab1972
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Tracyab,

Personally I would contact them and cancel the ppi now, it will be less money they take from you.

Have a look at this linkConsumers to benefit from PPI refunds agreement

They will refund the amount left into the balance of the loan, this is their standard practice. but do not agree to start a new loan or sign any future credit agreement, they cannot make you do this.

You then reclaim the amount you have paid to them

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 7 months later...

my son took out a loan with the blackhorse he was sold ppi with the loan gold cover which covers for unemployment .

In order to claim on the insurance it states you have to be employed for 6 months .

On the form my son stated that he had only been in the job for one week he got a £8000 loan with ppi insurance,

when to tried to claim a couple months after because the had a baby that was born premature and seriously ill and they also had a two year old daughter that my son found it impossible to work.

they refused his claim when he found it impossible to work the baby was in hospital for 6 months .

when my grandson lost his fight for life they still could not claim even though he should never have got the loan or been sold the ppi insurance

Lipypop

Your story has touched me.

I have a a complaint against Black Horse they are the worst IMHO for mis selling PPI.

Is the loan still active if it is then send them a template letter staing what you have told us here and ask that the PPI is cancelled and you want a refund on the single preimum that was paid.

If you need more help please update your thread and I willdo my best to help I am no expert by the way just have a little knowledge

• 8 months later...

Hi

Im looking for help reclaiming PPI from Blackhorse.

I took out a loan with them in 2006.

My loan was for £1500 and

the monthly payment for the loan would be £60.96

they added PPI totalling £506.53 and

the monthly payment for that was £13.69.

This meant my monthly payments would be £74.67.

I paid this amount for 2 months then got a further loan with them.

The new loan (which includes the first loan) amounted to £3000.

Loan amount of £90.03 a month and PPI of £23.63 a month.

Monthly payments of £113.66.

I paid this amount for 13 months until I realised that I was mis sold PPI and cancelled the PPI with them in October 2007.

My payments with Black Horse without the PPI are now £102.00.

Firstly can I ask anyone if they know why my payments are not £90.03 as the PPI is now taken off and where can I find a spreadsheet to calculate the interest.

I have calculated that they owe me £13.69 x 2 and £23.63 x 13, but still querying why I am not paying £90.03.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you:D

Hello Tracy,

The ppi would have been a single front loaded policy, this means that you pay the majority off at the start of the loan and when you cancel they refund what you haven't pay into the balance of the outstanding loan. So there is not that much refunded and this is why your payments don't reduce by much.

Many ppi's do not even cover the term of the loan, If you take out ppi on a 5yr loan, it may only cover you for 3yrs:mad: So if you needed to claim in year 4yr, well you ain't covered.

Start the reclaiming process stating your reasons for mis-selling

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 1 month later...

Hi

Can anyone tell me where on the site I can find a template for a LBA for PPI. I have sent off the request letter nearly 5 weeks ago to Blackhorse asking for mis-sold PPI and received a letter back saying they were investigating and I would hear when they have finished their investigation. I want to send an LBA as I think they have had enough time.

THANKS

Hello tracy,

Have you sent a Subject Access Request? IMO I would suggest a SAR first, so you can obtain all of the data blackhorse hold on you and your loan.

Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access Request

This will give them 40 days to provide a true copy of your credit agreement, terms and conditions applicable to that agreement, up to date statement of account, and any other files, documents, recordings they have referring to you and your account. If they do not provide a satisfactory response within the 40 day statutory period or you believe there is missing information you can then complain to the Information Commissioners Office for their failure to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. I would suggest you gather and prepare before proceeding to Court.;)

Can you post what grounds you are claiming mis-selling on please?

Have you seen all the information in the stickies at the top of the forum?

If you also go to the Financial Ombudsman Service they will be able to offer advice to you to get you started the FOS takes longer but removes the burden of Court proceedings especially if you do not have the full set of documentation.:eek:

Hope this helps but here is the LBA link for you should you decide to proceed down that route.

Letter before action - Bank charges

you can use this for PPI as well.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi Alanalana

Thanks for your help. Yes I do have a SAR. I sent off for that ages ago and have now sent my letter with a breakdown of the charges to them. I believe they have missold me the PPI as when I took out the loan I was never given an option of whether I wanted it or not. I was lead to believe that it was compulsory or I wouldn't get the loan.

Thanks again:D

• 3 weeks later...

Lba For Ppi

already posted in your other thread.

tracyab you do not need to start a new thread for every post you can save the thread to your favourites and keep going back to it.

Just go to the submit reply at the bottom of your thread. This keeps you with one relevant thread with all the info in it:)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

hi, tracey,

I have had the same response off blackhorse. they are one of the worst to claim off. if your loan is before Jan 05 they are not regulated by the FSA.

in the end i found a solicitor to take my claim on.

thought this was the best option, with them playing hardball so can i.

Oh & the solicitor has funding to cover insurance incase of loss, so i have not had to pay anything. i get 100% of my claim + interest + compansation, also their looking to make the loan unenforceable.

dont give up if it gets hard there are options out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have just had a phone call from a company asking if I have an HP agreement for car finance, as they can investigate if my agreement is unenforceable. I told them I wasn't interested as I would be able to do this on my own. Is there anywhere where I can read more about this and may be get my credit agreement checked or is it better to go with one of these companies.

Thanks

If you want an opinion on whether its' enforceable or not - post it on CAG - remove anything that is identifiable and we'll tell you what we think

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Hi

I have uploaded an agreement I have with Blackhorse for a loan.

The attachment named Blackhorse 1 was sent to me by BH when I requested missold PPI back from them.

The second attachment is the credit agreement that they sent to me after I took out the loan.

The differences between the two are that the copy of my agreement (attachment 2) does not have my signature on it, but the agreement they sent to me (attachment 1) has my signature on it twice

. I do not have a copy of the agreement that they sent to me (attachment 1).

I would be grateful if someone could have a look at this for me.

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt223/tracyab1972/Blackhorse1.jpg

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt223/tracyab1972/blackhorse2.jpg

Hello all,

i have asked hsbc to produce my credit card agreement with the £1 postal order. i had this returned yesterday and they have asked me to sign the letter to corresspond with their docuements. by law i do not have to sign my letter. but i can't find the template of the letter i need to return to them stating my right on this! help anyone pls?

• 5 months later...

Ive won my missold PPI back from Blackhorse by going through FOS.

I had to wait around 3 months for FOS to look at my case due to the massive backlog they are dealing with, then after eventually hearing from them,

they wrote and told me the good news that I was getting my money back.

Blackhorse haven't admitted to misselling, but FOS have told them to compensate me with an extra £200.

So, I thought great, I will get my money back, which is desperately needed.

However, Blackhorse have told FOS that it may take them up to 12 weeks to give me my money back.

This isn't good enough and I just want to let people know that if they have a claim in with this company then don't hold your breath for your money being paid back in a reasonable time limit.

FOS say that they realise that this is unacceptable, but can't do anything about it. If the consumer owes money to companies then we are harassed and bullied by these companies, but it is okay for them to dictate when we get our money that is rightfully ours. This is not acceptable:-x

In that case, have a look at this extremely interesting thread.

There is no reason why you should have to tolerate such a scandalous delay.

You could consider giving them 7 days to pay up or you will enforce the decision though the cost together with interest and costs.

Try it. It will be automatic.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/226473-aic-amex-ignoring-fos.html

Thanks Bankfodder. I think I will call them tomorrow and ask them when I will be getting my money back. If their answer isn't within reason then I think I will take this route too. It's an outrage that first of all consumers are being cheated out of their money, but then have to wait until banks etc. can be bothered paying up. As you may be able to tell I am furious with this. Once again the consumer comes loses out once more!!!!!

• dx100uk changed the title to Blackhorse PPI V Me **WON**