powerhouse debt aktiv kapital, BCW + Scotcall

tottys
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all need alittle advice

my hubby recived a letteer this morning from a bailiffs office in scotland now dont know if im right in saying this but do scottish bailiffs have any duristiction in england and wales????

we are unsure what the debt is for as we have never taken any credit or had any bills in my husbands name all bills were always in mine

the creditor is for powerhouse so im assuming that it was an electrical shop as there was once one close to where we lived and we bought a tumble dryer from there once but we paid cash for it never took any credit out on it so am confussed.....

the other thing that confuses me is that powerhouse went in to liquidation quite a few years ago at least 6 years

any advice is welcome..

Hi, tottys.

You could try sending them the 'prove it' letter........

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

**Edit to suit**

Remember, don’t sign the letter.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Guest Happy Contrails
buchananclark ?????????/

I think you are saying Buchannan Clark & Wells. They are not bailiffs, just common debt collectors.

You need to ask in the debt forum.

hi all i was wondering if anyone could help please

my hubby had a letter of a debt collection company yesterday.can any one tell me if a Scottish based and registered company can have any jurisdiction in England and wales as I'm pretty sure an English company cant collect in Scotland without obtaining a registration in Scotland..

also we are unsure what the debt is for as we have never taken anything out or had any bills in my husband name.but it does say something about powerhouse on the letter and i know that this company went in to liquidation several years ago..

if anyone could help us that would be great

very stressed.....

Guest Old_andrew2018

I personally would not contact them either by writing or telephoning, the CCA request can be useful in some circumstances,.

They are chancers, you might have noticed their letters are designed to look offical.

Here is a link to my thread concerning them click on it and see what they are about

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/131606-bcw.html#post1383809

Although I did not up date the thread I can say I had 2 further letters the last in March 2008.

If you contact them they will have confirmation of your address, dont telephone either as it can be a double whammy, they again will be aware of your address and might also start to harass you by telephone if you forget to withold your number.

Regards

Andy

Edited by old_andrew2007
typo

Two threads merged, tottys, please stick to the one thread on this subject.

Thanks.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 1 month later...

afternoon all my husband has had a few letters from this so called company and we have just been putting them in the back of the junk draw as we have enough on our plates with out dealing with these monkeys...

so any way i e mailed them and asked what the debt was about as we dont know what it is for it says on there something about aktiv kapital and powerhouse the only link i can make to this is there was once a shop by where we live called power house where we bought a tumble dryer we paid cash for this as my husband would never take out any credit..now i know they went bust quite a few years back so i am unsure what to do about this if anyone knows please let me know..

thanks all almost forgot do Scottish bailiffs have any jurisdiction in england and wales????

oh well it looks like i will be continuing to put these letters in the junk draw...i just dont understand why they would come all the way down from scotland as it is quite a far way for £200 lol

things are getting very strange now was just looking through all the letters from this company and i have another letter from a different company. and it is for the same account so i now have 2 dca after me for the same debt and they are both in scotland anyone know whats going on cos i dont lol

ok anyone know why i can not find scotcall on the public register when i do a cca search have their registration no and their license no but still cant find anything on them...........

[php]

[/php]

have just tried this but it wont let me do anything on there any other options????

All it was is a link to this;

ScotCall Ltd

Spectrum House, 3rd Floor

55 Blythswood Street

Glasgow

G2 7AT

Phone: 0141 249 9779

Fax: 0141 248 8663

Email: [email protected]

Link: Welcome to ScotCall

Service: ABCFGLZ

Area: UK

Region: SC

Type: Full

ok great thanks will try it now it just kept coming up as link broken if thats any use to you ??

anyone know how to do a cca search on a company?????????

my hubby has just had yet another letter from scottcall saying where is the money you owe us im so sad they never seem to come out and visit why is this????????????

ps we now have enough letters from them to paper a room with think of all the trees they have killed to send these to us lol

my husband has been having letters from scotcall now for the last few months and after reading through lots of the threads on here i decided to send them a cca letter now.now this was on the 23 of july have just had my post and was very shocked to find that there was a letter from scotcall so when i opened it i was even more surprised to find that the letter said that they have passed the account back to the client but the one big mystery to me is that they have said that they have included paper work relating to the account but unless they have put it in some kind of invisible writing i cant find it......so to cut a long story short the client is bcw now if my memory serves me correct is this buchanan clark and wells another dca?????? should i now send them a cca??????

• 1 month later...

thanks for the replies guys hopefully they wont leave it to long its getting very annoying now as we dont know what this debt is even for as my hubby has never had anything in his name only now he has got any bills in his name..........

• 2 months later...
it gets better , scotcall have sent another letter saying that they have returned it to their client which is another dca BCW Group PLC , i aint worried but i would love to know what the hell they are playing at now , could it be that scotcall were throwing empty threats about and now they know i know or what :-x

mine got sent back to this so called bcw about month and half ago still aint heard from them dont know what its for it was in my oh name and have never taken anything out in his name they make nice confetti when you shred them though

mine got sent back to this so called bcw about month and half ago still aint heard from them dont know what its for it was in my oh name and have never taken anything out in his name they make nice confetti when you shred them though

pure coincidence , not , i reckon , did you contact scotcall and then get a letter saying it had gone back to BCW ?? :)

• dx100uk changed the title to powerhouse debt aktiv kapital, BCW + Scotcall