• Tweets

• Hi all, We bought a part to fix our washing machine approx 13 months ago direct from the manufacturer of the washing machine via phone. This part then failed 13 months later, as confirmed by their own engineer, who was sent by the manufacturer (who is also the retailer for the part) FoC. The engineer actually installed a replacement part, the machine came back to life, but they then removed the part used for testing (and ours reinstalled) as "we would be charged for it". The retailer are refusing to replace the part, stating that they only warranty parts for 90 days. When I stated that I believed the Consumer Rights Act gives me longer than that, they insinuated that it did not, and this was repeated by many representatives. AIUI for goods bought more than 6 months ago, I need to get an engineers report to confirm the part has failed? Or that it has failed due to manufacturing issues? Or would the companies own engineers report suffice? Also, does anyone have any other decent contact details for Hotpoint (or the Whirlpool group)? Thanks, GH
    • Thank you for that "read me", It's a lot to digest, lots of legal procedure. There was one thing that I was going to mention to you,  but in one of the conversations in that thread it was mentioned that there may be spies on the Forum,  this is something that I've read quite some time ago in a previous thread. What I had in mind was to wait for the thirty days after their reply to my CCA request and then send the unenforceable letter. I was hoping that an absence of signature could be the Silver Bullet but it seems that there are lot of layers to peel on this Onion.  
    • love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

off topic stuff from Carmel Butler / House of Commons thread moved to the BG.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Banker Rhymes with is certainly gaining notoriety/respect for this.

I am sure to forward this post by he or she in respect of a a very very wicked plan I have to a person or persons renowned for getting up the shirt tails of these wickless wonders.

Did have an idea though - we won't name, shame and PUBLICISE if they start treating us fairly - permanently - for the lifetime of our contracts?

Didn't think so peeps, so in that well worn legal phrase 'for the avoidance of doubt' - trawlers consider this as our full and final offer!

Oooh If only you trawlers knew which persons are in mind???

Scary!!

There will be more oooh so much more to come!

NOW SIT UP AND BEHAVE YOURSELVES!

(Unless your are Just obeying orders from your SPiV masters)

Are you on medication ?

Get lost SBT.

You are getting nothing more out of me. That is plain abuse.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Clearly a trawler trying to slow us all down.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Yes. Whatever. End of Posts between us.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Clearly a trawler trying to slow us all down.

I apologise again, I did not intend to slow anyone down. I wanted to learn more about securitisation, as it might help me in the future.

I am sorry if my questions have pestered anyone. I only joined CAG because a friend said that there were a lot of helpful here.

I apologise again, I did not intend to slow anyone down. I wanted to learn more about securitisation, as it might help me in the future.

I am sorry if my questions have pestered anyone. I only joined CAG because a friend said that there were a lot of helpful here.

Don't be perturbed by the odd person not being on the same wavelength when each of us have our own cases and pressures. This has been pandemic throughout the life of CAG, we are all here for the same reasons, apart from the odd troll - put a bunch of people together who have never met before like on Big Brother and the sparks fly after just a week or so, we are all coming in with knowledge and ideas and of course they'll clash but that's the whole point of CAG - sharing ideas and experiences and views. We won't and can't expect to hone into each others wit, thoughts or views immediately or ever, we are all different, but everyone's view wit and thoughts are as valueable as everyone else's. The whole idea of empowering ourselves is to learn and that's what we are doing. Ride over these personal chips and keep focussed and between us we'll get there... Here endeth the first lesson and the vicar for next week will be pinned to the notice board...:D

SC

Sadbuttrue,

You really are very aggressive and nasty.

Perhaps you would like to declare who YOU really are. Are you somebody who has got it in for Carmel Butler? Why does it matter to YOU?

Supersleuth is Supersleuth the same manner as you are SAD but true

Edited by supersleuth

Sadbuttrue,

Tell us, are you a lawyer or a banker working for the criminal "lenders" against Supersleuth? Do tell us your motivation. It's a fair question. Who are you the person who chooses to call themselves SADBUTTRUE.

Is it a sad truth that you are a troll? Is it a sad truth that you have misrepresented yourself as "someone who may need help" when in fact, you are nothing more than a judas that has wasted the time of good, honest people on this site who would offer their altruristic help for FREE. In my opinion, you have exposed yourself for the fraud that you really are.

So tell us SADbuttrue, what is the purpose of your attack? What do you hope to gain you fraudster?

You are so rude, I have only been asking questions.

You don't have to be "SMARTER THAN AN 8 YEAR" to put two and two together.

This is taken from the report

I am British Citizen resident in the UK and a qualified lawyer admitted to practice in New York, U.S.A. I have an LLB Laws from the London School of Economics and a JD (Juris Doctor) from Columbia University, New York. I practiced securities law at Sidley Austin LLP New York office from September 2006 to December 2007.

Superslueth has posted:

Quote:

Originally Posted by supersleuth viewpost.gif

I worked on securitisation transactions both the transation documents and writing the prospectuses, so know the rot from the inside, plus I have two law degrees (LLB from the UK and JD from the USA), so I do have some savvy on Trust law. equity law, contract law etc.

Supersleuth

and

Quote:

Originally Posted by supersleuth

Also, the Treasury Select Committee are doing an inquiry on the "banking crisis". I am preparing some evidence from the consumer perspective and hope they'll take note.

Supersleuth

Your passive agressive "it was only a question" doesn't wash. You are a fraudster and your questions are not genuine. You are here to assist the criminal lawyers and bankers.

So you want us to believe your passive agressive "it was only a question" rubbish - so tell us, why does it matter to you -

If you are sooooo smart to have (as you say) and decided on your evidence then why do you have to ask the question? You clearly don't need to ask ANY questions because you have a habit of answering your own questions anyway - or is it all becuase your mother taught you to ask question on which you already have decided the answer? You are a fraudster my dearie, it is a plain SAD BUT TRUE truth!

Answer the question SAD - why does it matter to YOU?!

It was not an attack, it was a question

Also even if SS was Carmel Butler what business is it of yours - More to the point is tell us who YOU are

We all operate under pseudonyms here & unless we as individuals choose to declare ourselves that's our choice not yours.

If you are a genuine debtor in need of help, which like SS I now sincerely doubt, then you have shot your bolt as a result of your latest missive

Thanks JonCris,

That's probably the last of SAD but true....these cowards will play passive aggressive but guarantee SAD will not answer the question specifically because he/she is a fraud. Just got to watch out for when they come back signed up under another pseudonym.

The good news is, that going to these extremes to undermine the Carmel Butler and or the Supersleuth arguments just goes to show that they're scared. The arguments are clearly powerful. Why would they bother attacking them in a fraudulent manner on this site if the arguments had no substance?

Hi JonCris,

You're right, I've been aware that they've TRIED to tease out the arguments that are specific to my case BUT I have not said anything publicly with respect to the arguments that I will argue in court.

Another piece of circumstantial evidence that shows the power of my argument is that the Barrister who is arguing for the "lender" has managed to get the case transferred to a court where his buddy will preside over the hearing. This is the real reason why the court keeps "adjouring" the trial date. But I know that the Barrister and the Judge are buddies. I've written to the court to tell them I know this fact. So there is no depth to which these powerful people will not stoop - they'll even control the judge that presides. The odds are so heavily stacked against the consumer so that the court can find for the lender in a carve up. Again it is very SAD but true!

Who do you think you are ?

You are nothing more than a bully !

I have been asking questions to find out about securitisation. After all isn't CAG a consumer help site ?

At every turn you are there laying down the rules according to Superslueth. You have to be one of the rudest, aggressive people I have ever had the misfortune meet on a forum.

I asked if you were Carmel Butler because your arguments are very similar. Both her report and your posts refer to clavis, you said you would submit evidence and your qualifications are the same.

I did not think that asking a simple question could be said to be a personal attack ?

Hi JonCris,

Given the letter that I've written to the court, the Judge, if he has ANY integrity at all (which I doubt), he should recuse himself. But yes, there will be major Article 6 rights violations - but then again - they are the law and they can and will break it at their whim. And yes, there will be an appeal, but I've no doubt that the Barrister's buddy Judge will refuse permission to appeal, so there'll have to be a permission to appeal hearing first.

Noticed that SAD is back, but hasn't answered the question. Says it needs "help" and that I'm a bully. So, doesn't answer any questions and actually doesn't need any help. As for my being an alleged bully, that's an opinion on which SAD is entitled to hold.