Miss Muppet v MBNA - *** WON + COSTS ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

applying 4 sj before supplying cpr 18 info contempt of court re DN oh and the issue regarding my legit request 4 adjounment late filing of docs with me and court anyone got a hammer as im gona nail these ------- tn the floor

Edited by pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi MM,

This decision is, of course, for you to make. However, if you feel your case is strong enough and their's is weak, take it into court and defend.

Send them a letter saying:-

"Thank you for your letter of xxdate.

I am not willing to accept your offer and will defend against your claim in court."

Re the PPI, if you feel it has been added without your knowledge or consent, or if it was inappropriate for your circumstances, reclaim it.

I'd suggest you treat it as a separate matter from the court proceedings. Start a thread in the PPI forum for this aspect.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Unless they manage to come up with a signed agreement between now and 3rd September, I do indeed see my case as very strong and why have they not got their witness statement in to me on time, because as their representative told me after the dismissal of their summary judgement, people don't often turn up to defend, well this person is in for the long haul!

I think you are right about the PPI, this will be a nice surprise for later!

Thats the spirit PF, all power to your elbow on Monday!!

Hi MM

Thought that might be the case with the ‘offer’ they made.

If the DN is defective you should have a cast iron case and this is probably the easiest weapon to use against Optima. They must surely realise their case is weak, and is the reason for their offer.

Have you seen posts 314 and 325 by BRW on zhanzhibar’s thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/137617-zhanzhibar-amex-aic-newman-6.html#post2177953

You can also counterclaim for unlawful rescission of contract, £1000 I believe.

Regards

SC

SC as for defective DN you cant get anymore defective than mine oh and they even put the defective one in the court bundle but not the original so they where misleading the court also hehe the judge will wonder why i an smiling when i walk in on monday

Edited by pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

so i hope to bring good news on the defective DN front this monday PF

SC thanks for the tip about zans thread very informative.

PF

applying 4 sj before supplying cpr 18 info contempt of court re DN oh and the issue regarding my legit request 4 adjounment late filing of docs with me and court anyone got a hammer as im gona nail these ------- tn the floor

Nail gun would be better, PF - I'm all for speed and efficiency, me:D

OK Guys and Gals, the saga continues - Optimistic Legal rang me on Monday to see what my reply was to their generous offer. I advised them that I had sent a letter rejecting their offer and then OL said they would have to consult counsel and proceed to court hearing. Rang court to-day to report no sign of their witness statement and they said they had not received anything either. They said the Judge was away this week but I could write in to say that OL had not complied and she would put it before the Judge and would I want him to strike out/dismiss the claim? I said Yes Please! To-day on return from work letter from Optimistic Legal stating that they have received further instructions from their client and as such, they propose to discontinue this claim on the basis that both parties bear their own cost. I have to confirm agreement to this.

I presume the above is OK. I assume they will inform the court. I will make sure tho that the court has a copy of this letter. Should I be asking for default removal as well or should that be a separate issue?

Anyway, this victory is for my little mate PF, because I used part of his info on the default statement and everyone else whose work I have used.

I think I may have a drink or three to-night and when all this is over I will post up the witness statements so hopefully others can be helped - To quote the Clingons "War is more fun when you're winning! Yippee:D:D:D

Hi MM,

If you don't ask, you don't get.

Indeed, do ask them for the default removal as part of the conditions.

Remember, you have spent a fair bit of time on this and deserve something out of this for your efforts.

By the way............... Congratulations and well done.

Thanks everyone, right I'll have a go at the default removal. I will post up my witness statements with all the default info on it but PF's info is on fairyblue's thread, sorry b.useless at linkbacks.

No the quote from Susan Edwards came via an extremely nice and knowledgeable member of the Trading Standards Team in my area, poor things I had deluged them with paperwork from various members of the family!

I am honestly stunned by the speed of their rollover but I think I really have to thank the Judge who made the order for the 2nd hearing, if you look at the conditions of the order he/she made. I was really lucky with my local court also and got an extremely helpful member of staff to-day who explained everything to me.

Cheers m'dears, as they say, laters!

Hi MM,

You could write to OL and seek their confirmation that any adverse data concerning this a/c will now be removed from CRA files. Also, seek conf'n that the a/c balance will be written down to zero.

Say if they agree to do this, you will agree to discontinue your defence of their claim. Otherwise, you'll continue and seek costs etc.

Then take up the PPI issue separately.

Looking good though !! :D

Oops!! :confused: Made my reply above before I saw the posts on this page. DOH!!

Edited by slick132

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

congrats:)

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Thanks for that Slick, I have used that because the bit I had found from Ilanavamp about default removal didn't quite fit my situation!:grin:

Its funny you should mention the PPI, I was beginning to feel a bit sorry for them and wondering whether I should still go after it but what the heck I will!!:lol:

Thanks Josie, how are things with you?

Its funny you should mention the PPI, I was beginning to feel a bit sorry for them and wondering whether I should still go after it but what the heck I will!!:lol:

You get after them and get back anything they owe you. They'd take you to court in a nano second if they had the doc'ts to do it.

:cool: