BANK CHARGES on my benefits, how to reclaim ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last year November 2008, I had sky direct debit set up from my Nationwide a/c... I was not working then as i was on maternity, the only income into my a/c were tax credits, and child benefit, the amount which sky should have deducted should have been £23.00, but they 've tried deducting £30.00, this amount bounced, they tried the second time, after which I notified Nationwide to cancel the direct debit, but somehow it happened the 3rd, of which natinwide told me it was too LATE to stop it then, in total , i was charged £90.00, by the bank , can i reclaim ? if so which is the best way/approach pls ???

Edited by rita777

Yes yuo can reclaim. Also you can prevent your benefits from being looted by sending them a letter of appropriation.

have they aslo defaulted you or marked yuor credit file?

Are they continuing to levy charges?

no they haven't defaulted me, and so far they have cancelled the direct debits... I 'd start the reclaim process asap ! Wish me luck ! thanks:)

Edited by rita777

You should take steps to put the entire matter in dispute. This will give you some come-back if they do decvide to go ahead and default you.

Also, find the letter of appropriation and send it to them and then follow it up and make sure that they have received it, that they understand it and that they will comply with it.

i'd not require the letter of appropriation at this stage bcos, all Direct debits have been cancelled. i 've just checked all templates letters and couldn'd find the one with the section 157, could u advice on the specific templates wording to compose my letter pls ??