Mackenzie Hall. Do any of you know of them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They can't send in bailiffs without a court order. They won't go for legal action because that means a judge will be involved and if you turn up to defend their action the judge might well turn round and tell MHall to p*** off, well in more polite terms! Instead they prefer to bully and harass on the phone cos its cheaper and more profitable.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NailPost, thanks for that update, stands to reason why the bully tactics, if they can get results at very little costs it will be better for them. Of course, should have guessed that......will write to them as advised.

Thanks for all the support by the way, 24 hours ago I heard the name MH and within that short time I have heard so much xxxx about them!

and had a rollercoster of emotions to boot! Still if we can all help each other thats them stuffed

Thanks again

Cheers dude for the advice, I am sending my "prove it letter" this weekend and once nothing happens as they have already told me they cant get the copy of the contract I shall put a complaint in.

Apologies if this is thread hijacking but thought I would provide an update on my situation with Mackenzie Hall.

Following their "pay up or else" letter of 20th October, I sent them a CCA letter on the 24th October.

Having heard nothing from them but the deafening sound of silence since, I waited for 42 days to elapse before making a complaint to Kilmarnock Trading Standards and have also sent a complaint to the Information Commisioner.

It's interesting how the Mackenzie Hall gob****es react to you, or rather don't react when you make it clear to them that you are not going to kow tow to them.

F**king tossers the lot of them.

Good luck to everyone still dealing with MH...don't let them scare you, they're ****.

Hi all,

I'm quite new ont this.

I got two cards, personal account and credit card which held at the same bank socity.

I havn't contact the bank since 2001, until last year the MH called and I come clean with monthly payment on personal account (i think).

Today I got another red card which asking me to make a payment and I must summited , their staffs VERY VERY RUDE!!!

I'm willing to pay but their staff very rude, decided to find some forum and seek help. (basically I don't want to deal with them!!)

I'm in the same position as "Peanut2", will let your guy know after send them the "CCA" letter.

thanks

Hi zikus,

You don't have to deal with them by telephone and I strongly recommend you do not. They will only attempt to bully you and you will have no evidence of what they have said either, should you need it at a later date. If they insist on calling you, tell them that you demand they direct all future communications to you in writng, and that you will consider further calls harrassment as defined under the Harrassment Act 1998. Then put the phone down.

Gruffle Gaw vs Halifax - £1531.50: ***WON - cheque for £1966.78 received 30/09/06***:)

I'm not a legal professional and my advice is given without prejudice or liability.

If you found my post helpful, please click the scales on the left.

I agree with Zikus .....they are tossers! I am being hounded each day that awful text message being left on my phone - going to write to them today so ask them to stop hounding me its against the law! I am liable to pay something however and i need their account to do so not their arrogance! I have offered £25 per week which i dont think is bad do you? Anyone have any advice?

Peanut,

As mentioned earlier in the thread, if they are calling you with unreasonable frequency (more than once every three days or so), this could be construed as harassment. Write to them by recorded delivery (and keep a copy of the letter) insisting that all future communications are directed to you in writing, as you believe their behaviour contravenes the Harrassment Act and the Harrassment of Debtors Act.

Another possibility, which I think was already suggested earlier in the thread, is to buy a telephone call recording device (about £10 from Maplins). When they call, inform them straight away that the conversation is being recorded for legal purposes - I'm sure their calls will stop very quickly. They won't want their bad behaviour and total disregard for the law recorded and if they are stupid enough to let you, send a copy to the Office of Fair Trading along with a complaint. I think you should write to the OFT anyway reporting their harrassment as MacKenzie Hall is already being investigated by them.

Gruffle

Gruffle Gaw vs Halifax - £1531.50: ***WON - cheque for £1966.78 received 30/09/06***:)

I'm not a legal professional and my advice is given without prejudice or liability.

I actually paid these crooks on their promise that they would supply information of the debt and that I could have a refund if I subsequently found it wasn't mine. I paid on credit card is there anything I can do to get my money back or should I just wave goodbye to it?

I actually paid these crooks on their promise that they would supply information of the debt and that I could have a refund if I subsequently found it wasn't mine. I paid on credit card is there anything I can do to get my money back or should I just wave goodbye to it?

You won't see it again unless you sue their crooked asses. If you are certain the debt isn't yours, this could also possibly be a criminal offence (obtaining money with deception?). If you were still paying off the debt you could ask to see an original signed copy of the credit agreement and they would be obliged by law to provide you with them. I am not sure if you can do it in retrospect - someone who is better on debt might know more about it.

If they could not provide one, or it was not properly completed, the debt would be unenforceable. My thought process is that if you can demonstrate they took money from you that you did not owe under the pretense that the debt was yours you may be able to sue them, but I'm not sure under which section of the law.

Hopefully someone else can shed more light on this.

How much was the so-called debt, anyway?

£180 for a company I had never even heard of but they did have a previous address where my ex still lives so I coughed up like a moron! They claimed this debt was from 1999 for a barclaycard - I did have a Barclycard around that time but was not aware of any debt. Having said that during the break up with my ex there could have been something forgotten. Thanks for any help

Sarge

They seem to have a habit of chasing people for debts the individuals in question have never heard of.

As I said, debt issues are not my forte but hopefully someone else will be able to tell you how you can go about getting your money back.

• Haha 1

Hi All

me again,

After sent them a "CCA" letter on 13/12/2006 (last week), I'm still no get any reply back from them yet. (I mentioed 12 days on the letter)

However, today I got this letter which make me very scare, but I'm not going to do anything just yet until I got reply back from CCA letter.

Do you think I should write another letter or what should I do next?:confused:

Thank you

here the details on the letter:-

Persuers: Royal Bank of Scotland PLC V Mr my name

Principal Sum: £###

Account number: ###

REDUCED SETTLEMENT OFFER

Despite repeated requests for payment by our client, your outstanding account in the sum of £### with our clients ROYAL BANK OF STOTLAND PLC still remain outstanding. Accroding, we may have no alternative but to proceed with immediate enforcement which my include:

- An application may be made to your Current Employer for an Attachment of Earning.

- An officer of the Court may be instructed to size your Assets.

- A Petition may be lodged for your Bankruptcy (if applicable)

However, as a gesture of goodwill, we are willing to accept a Reduced Settlement Payment of £### providing the payment is receiving by 24th December 2006

This is once only offer, if the settlement is not pay by 24th December 2006, then the settlement will be void.

Cheque payable to “Mackenzie Hall” and sent to the above address. Quote reference no. M####### on rear of payment.

If you are unable to pay this once only time barred reduced settlement and wish to pay the dept in full by instalment then you should contact the under noted immediately.

A CCA letter, assuming it was properly sent and accompanied by the statutory fee, tells the debt collector you require documentation in respect of the matterthey are chasing.

In other words it is in dispute and as such should not be pursued further until clarification has been supplied.

The latest letter is a typical trick of MHall (and others) in that they scare you with suggestions of what might happen and then offer you a reduced figure. Now if you don't owe them nothing then 30% of nothing is,erm, nothing.

Suggesting court action is stupid. They would never dare. This letter would be provided by you as evidence that your perfectly reasonable request for documantation is being ignored. The judge would tear MHall to pieces and could order them to pay costs, especially if they still hadn't provided the details.

Furthermore this letter contravenes OFT guidance in that it suggests action could be taken when it can't.

So the clock is ticking. They must provide the CCA details within 12 working days. Once that is up and if no documents have been received they must seek the permission of the court to proceed anyway. If, after a calendar month after that, the documents are still outstanding they commit a criminal offence and should be reported to the OFT and your local trading standards office.

Finally don't let the barstewards get to you. As things stand this company are attracting more and more complaints and while the authorities are not doing anything about it at present that can't last forever.

Merry Christmas. I look forward to hearing about how you get on.

180 for a company I had never even heard of but they did have a previous address where my ex still lives so I coughed up like a moron! They claimed this debt was from 1999 for a barclaycard - I did have a Barclycard around that time but was not aware of any debt. Having said that during the break up with my ex there could have been something forgotten. Thanks for any help

Sarge

This debt was more than likely statute barred.

I would issue a SAR for the paperwork then sue them through the small claims to recover the money.

Hmm, I received a letter this morning from MacKenzie Hall for a debt of about £1,900 which I didn't even know I had! I only moved house a few months ago so it is a mystery how they got my address. The letter offers a reduced settlement of £0.00, which I only have up until the 14th to pay...which is very strange. Do you think they are just trying to get me to agknowledge an old debt, so then even if I pay them £0.00 they can chase me? It dosn't say "full and final settlement" for whatever debt it relates to. I am slightly worried about identity fraud.....

Help please!

The only way to deal with this issue is to ignore it. I've done this like many others and they soon go away and not bother you again.

I have had other companies similar to this trying the same thing and i just ignore them too. Some leave me alone for a year then try it again but they soon get the message. With all these types of demands for money i just ignore them. They do not get one penny from me. Deep down you sort of know when you have to deal with a money issue which is genuine. There are too many takers out there just trying it on with vunerable people but no more. We must harden our hearts and not be fooled by these rip off merchants.

Ignore them, thats what i would do.

gerarddobbin

A Subject Access Request entitles you to a copy of ALL information a company or organisation hold on you under the Data Protection Act am.1998; call notes, transaction history, payment details, everything. There's a template letter in the library - you'll have to adjust it slightly as it refers mostly to bank accounts. You need to send a £10 cheque with it as the statutory fee - this is all they are allowed to charge you for the information.

They have 40 days from receipt to comply.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

• Haha 1

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

• 3 weeks later...

This lot tried to say I owed them £1500 over the phone, but they refuse to give me any details :mad: ... I have never been in debt in my life... I have informed my solicitor as they said that I am "pretty **** with my finances", soooo glad I had that recorded (as I always record my phone conversations, and they are informed prior to me talking), the scottish lad then proceeded to call me a liar and pratt for getting into debt! I then explained that I'm not the one sitting in a call centre for near on minimum wage talking like an idiot!!

I await further action from these nobs with great anticipation!!!

(I am a private investigator :cool: and I shall be watching them)

This lot tried to say I owed them £1500 over the phone, but they refuse to give me any details :mad: ... I have never been in debt in my life... I have informed my solicitor as they said that I am "pretty **** with my finances", soooo glad I had that recorded (as I always record my phone conversations, and they are informed prior to me talking), the scottish lad then proceeded to call me a liar and pratt for getting into debt! I then explained that I'm not the one sitting in a call centre for near on minimum wage talking like an idiot!!

LMAO.

What did he say to that?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks