Mackenzie Hall. Do any of you know of them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This was reply from OFT

Our ref

Epic/Enq/E/29028

Fax

(020) 7211 8877

Date

25 July 2008

Email

[email protected]

Dear NI Girl

Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the Act)

Complaint Against: Mackenzie Hall Limited and Meritforce Limited

Licence No: 544407 and 434326

Thank you for your email dated 10 July 2008, further to your earlier complaint received on 27 March 2008, updating us about the problems you are still having with the above mentioned trader.

The OFT can and does take action to protect the collective interest of consumers, where there is sufficient evidence. Therefore, I have registered the details of your email onto our system, we will take into account the information you have helpfully given us as we continue to monitor this trader’s fitness to hold a credit licence.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write to us about this matter.

Yours sincerely

Miss Jo Kwok

Enquiries, Reporting Centre

Corporate Services

Im learning more every day :)

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the reply from Alan Stewart

-----Original Message-----

To: NI Girl

Sent: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 10:28:58 +0100

Subject: Mackenzie Hall

NI Girl

Thank you for

your e-mail concerning Mackenzie Hall.

As you are aware Mackenzie Hall is a debt collection company which is licensed by the Office of Fair Trading. The Office of Fair Trading has issued guidelines for debt collectors which covers many aspects of the way they conduct their business. The guidelines are intended to discourage the type of behaviour the Office of Fair Trading considers to fall within the category of unfair business practice. Although the Office of Fair Trading will not deal with individual complaints they will take account of the number and type of complaints received in determining whether any action is required. I would be obliged, therefore, if you would forward details of your complaint together with copies of correspondence to The Office of Fair Trading at the following address -

Office of Fair Trading

Regulatory Section

Fleetbank House

2/6 Salisbury square

London

EC4Y 8JX

Alternatively

a complaint can be made online via their website www.oft.gov.uk.

With regard to the action you should take in the meantime I would suggest you write to Meritforce and advise them that the debt was previously queried

with Mackenzie Hall and, as far as you are aware, was subsequently closed. You could attach a copy of the e-mail from Mackenzie Hall stating such.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require further advice but please be aware I am on holiday from today until Tuesday 12 August.

I have

noted the details of your complaint and intend to discuss the matter with Mackenzie Hall at my next meeting with them.

Regards,

Alan Stewart

Enforcement

Officer

Trading

Standards Service

14 London

Road

Kilmarnock

KA3 7AF

Tel: 01563

Fax: 01563

Im learning more every day :)

I have received harrassment and threatening letters for the past 3 years, starting with 1st Credit, then Connaught Collections, then Mackenzie Hall and most recently Meritforce.

Whilst nothing has ever actually happened, myself & my wife are still understandably distressed every time we open a letter from these people. I am seriously considering reporting them to Trading Standards and OFT, will this be enough?

I have received harrassment and threatening letters for the past 3 years, starting with 1st Credit, then Connaught Collections, then Mackenzie Hall and most recently Meritforce.

Whilst nothing has ever actually happened, myself & my wife are still understandably distressed every time we open a letter from these people. I am seriously considering reporting them to Trading Standards and OFT, will this be enough?

I would also suggest the FOS and the CSA (if they are a member), your MP - the more the merrier as the name will be logged for future complaints - that is why it is important that EVERYBODY with a legitimate complaint makes a complaint.

Not many i think as MH seem to take up a lot of his time.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Not many i think as MH seem to take up a lot of his time.

He could free up his time by taking away their license and closing them down like he should have done years ago :D - Laugh? - we do laugh, but it's no laughing matter - these people are thugs like many others in this business and should be removed from the face of the business world.The effect they have on peoples well being is frightening. Allied International are another one. I spend my time hammering DCA's who do not respect the laws, but there are DCA's in this industry who go about their trade, a difficult trade, in a professional manner. I know, I have worked around the credit Industry for more years than I can recall ( or will admit to :p) The Mackenzie Halls of this industry need taking out completely - then I'll laugh because we would have succeded - either that or retrain their staff and make them do what the law states!

Sarah

• 3 weeks later...

hi nailpost can u advice me on this i did a cca on muppet hall on july the 8th i give them 10 days to send me a copy of the credit aggreement i recived it today august the 19th so are they breaking the law by taking over a month to reply to me when i looked at the credit agreement it has well and truly been doctored when u ask for a copy of cca what should it have on i would not know as its the first time ive asked for one i took the loan out in 1999 the date on form shows 2000 they show my annual income more then than what im earning now my old address is correct and my signature is correct to but what they havent sent me is the amount of loan i allegelly owe i thought i need to see this because i am disputing the amount and its over 9 years old so its status barred thanks loony tune

it SB so it means NOWT.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 weeks later...

My neighbour was recently contacted asking about us and who lived at our house (the cheek!). We were asked to contact a Michelle Morris urgently as she was trying to find us. Obviously did not contact them as I have since read so much online about J2 Solutions AKA Mac Hall. Am ignoring it until I receive anything further from them (at which point i may start a new thread). Just wanted to say how good this thread has been to read, (taken me several hours mind!) and thank everyone for making it so informative and helpful. :)

• 8 months later...

Hi people I sighed up to this site a good many years ago about my girlfriend getting a letter from McKenzie hall as advised we ignored the letters and they went away. Well today she had a letter from merritforce which I know are the same group of cowboys. Is it still the same cases just ignore the letter as the debt is defiantly over six years old as we have been together for nearly 8 years and she said the debt was incurred about 3 years before she met me?

Many Thanks

Send them this;

Dear Sir/Madam

Acc/Ref No

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I wish to point out that under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 “an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.”

I should also point out that the OFT say under their Debt Collection Guidance on statute barred debt that “it is unfair to pursue the debt if the debtor has heard nothing from the creditor during the relevant limitation period”.

The last payment of this alleged debt was made over six years ago and no further acknowledgement or payment has been made since that time. Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from me in the relevant period under Section 5 of the Limitation Act, I suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against me to recover the alleged amount claimed.

The OFT Debt Collection Guidance states further that “continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statute barred could amount to harassment contrary to section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970”.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed and that no further contact will be made concerning the above account after that last letter.

Yours faithfully

Print Name do not sign

either send the letter or ignore ur call.

rule number one

never ring a number sent to you on any "urgent" letter

rule number two

when an incoming caller asks for your name/address reply by asking who it is they want

then tell them you are not he/she and put the phone down

Thanks all my girlfriend just got herself in a panic when she read the letter. I told her not to worry like last time but its best for her to read this for her self

Many thanks once again

• 1 month later...

Keppe Shaw haven't even heard of Scotland and will threaten court action in England for Scottish debts they have bought. You can wave at their grubby back wall from the GNER train south as you enter London though. They pay no attention to any letters and eventually pass the info back to the original company if you send an SB letter.

Mackenzie Hall got phoned, when I stupidly jumped at their 2nd post letter with 3 seconds to reply red letter, to say "I keep getting letters erroneously claiming a debt is owed, so expect an SB in the post tomorrow".

They then sent a letter saying "because you said the account was in dispute, statute barring does not apply" blah blah blah.

Once they received the SB letter they sent another one out "account referred back to creditor"

SB them if appropriate and ignore them.

I just this morning received a fishing letter from Mackenzie Hall asking me to contact them quoting a reference number.

So I phoned them. Apparently it relates to a catalogue debt of £112 outstanding which defaulted back in February 2000.

I informed the nice man on the phone, that the only catalogue I can remember having has been closed for several years and is marked as satisfied on my credit report.

He then informed me that I have to report identity theft to the police for this other debt and then when I get a crime number they will close my account at Mac Hall. LOLOL

I informed him that even if I did have the alledged catalogue, it is now 9 years old and is statute barred. He agreed that they couldn't take me to court but could place something adverse on my credit file - which is squeaky clean by the way.

I asked him how could I report identity theft to the police, when Mac Hall have not provided me with anything in writing proving that the debt even belongs to me.

He got very upset and hung up on me.

Idiots.

I just this morning received a fishing letter from Mackenzie Hall asking me to contact them quoting a reference number.

So I phoned them. Apparently it relates to a catalogue debt of £112 outstanding which defaulted back in February 2000.

I informed the nice man on the phone, that the only catalogue I can remember having has been closed for several years and is marked as satisfied on my credit report.

He then informed me that I have to report identity theft to the police for this other debt and then when I get a crime number they will close my account at Mac Hall. LOLOL

I informed him that even if I did have the alledged catalogue, it is now 9 years old and is statute barred. He agreed that they couldn't take me to court but could place something adverse on my credit file - which is squeaky clean by the way.

I asked him how could I report identity theft to the police, when Mac Hall have not provided me with anything in writing proving that the debt even belongs to me.

He got very upset and hung up on me.

Idiots.

to be on the safe side i would write to all three cra's and inform them of the circumstances and warn THEM that if any adverse information is accepted from these people you will hold them jointly and severally liable for any damages

Good Morning...

THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS MATTER - MACKENZIE HALL HAVE COMMITTED AN OFFENCE UNDER THE FRAUD ACT 2006.

I know only too well what they get up to, and having been a policeman I can tell you that you MUST write to them and tell them that they have and that you intend to report the matter to the Police (even if you never do). I can guarantee you will never hear from them again, BUT in your letter you must put that if they take any detrimental action against your credit rating, this will also be considered as an offence under the Fraud Act 2006, and they will be dealt with. You can also state that it is not just the company that are prosecuted, but the person who writes the letters/or makes the telephone calls also commits the offence(s). !!

Make sure you (a) send the letter first class recorded delivery and (b) DON'T put your usual signature on the letter.

I apologise if I am 'teaching you to suck eggs', but these people are crooks.

Please read 'The Fraud Act 2006' (yes, I know it's dull BUT it clearly shows that the consumer is protected from these lunatics.!)

All the best

Dougal

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

Good Morning...

THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS MATTER - MACKENZIE HALL HAVE COMMITTED AN OFFENCE UNDER THE FRAUD ACT 2006.

I know only too well what they get up to, and having been a policeman I can tell you that you MUST write to them and tell them that they have and that you intend to report the matter to the Police (even if you never do). I can guarantee you will never hear from them again, BUT in your letter you must put that if they take any detrimental action against your credit rating, this will also be considered as an offence under the Fraud Act 2006, and they will be dealt with. You can also state that it is not just the company that are prosecuted, but the person who writes the letters/or makes the telephone calls also commits the offence(s). !!

Make sure you (a) send the letter first class recorded delivery and (b) DON'T put your usual signature on the letter.

I apologise if I am 'teaching you to suck eggs', but these people are crooks.

Please read 'The Fraud Act 2006' (yes, I know it's dull BUT it clearly shows that the consumer is protected from these lunatics.!)

All the best

Dougal

might be a bit OTT i think

Good evening

If you think my message is 'a bit over the top'....these people are ruthless so .....you haven't seen nothing yet!

Mackenzie Hall are very notorious, so Barclaydaav must be prepared for a rough ride! It will be greatly distressing for anyone involved (Barclaydaav's family, if there is one - no offence meant), but it is vital to strike back, before they do some serious harm...[possibly not physically, but certainly mentally. The stress will be enormous!!]

The only way to stop them is to hit them hard and to hit now.

Barclaydaav - If you PM me I will send you a copy of each of the two letters I sent to Mackenzie Hall, and they have left me alone - why - because they were not legally entitled to ask me for money....which is what they do to everyone, they ask when they are not entitled by law to do so. (Some silly b**gers pay up.....:mad:)

It will be a great mistake to either (a) sit back and do nothing or (b) to try and negotiate with them. Please, I urge you, reconsider your position.

Kind regards

Dougal

Edited by Dougal16T
Trying to make the point clear!!

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

Thanks for the advice. I know I should not have phoned them even though I realised it was a fishing letter.

However they have absolutely no chance of getting a penny from me.

I am now awaiting further correspondence from them. Once I receive this, I will not only hit them with the statute barred letter, I will also report them to the OFT for chasing a statute barred debt.

The amount outstanding is not the issue. I am in a position to pay it, but it is 9 years old and I have not heard anything about this debt since 2000. Out of priniciple I am not going to line the pockets of these parasites who probably picked up the debt for a fiver.

My only concern is Mack Hall making any adverse additions to my credit report which I have worked very hard at over the years to get to an excellent position. I am a member of credit expert so will get an alert immediately should they decide to do this.

Have they been known to do this, resurrecting old defaults onto an individual's credit file. The monkey on the phone told me a default was issued back in 2000, hence i have never seen it on my credit file.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks