Unauthorised Consolidation of a loan and overdraft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

An interesting question, and I have to admit I wasn't sure on this one. If an overdraft consists of unlawful charges and/or the loan is unenforceable, would this negate the whole new balance when the company adds the two balances together?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - its' still unenforceable -they can't make an uneforceable loan enforceable by just consolidating

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

i would say if the overdraft account now has the loan account number, and the loan is unenforcable, its all become unenforcable.

If its a new account number altogether, they dont have an agreement for it.

If they put the loan into the overdraft account, im not sure where to go, am waiting for barclays to try this meself.

If the overdraft is all charges, have the whole thing put into dispute and start claiming them back.

question everything!

Just a quick question if you don't mind regarding overdrafts.

I went into hsbc in 2000 with a large cheque and asked for a current account, the lady went into speak to the manager who apparently said "give him what he wants" and i got an account no questions asked with a debit card. I did not sign anything relating to this account, it has a £2000 overdraft which does not show up of cra searches. Does this account need a signature of mine on an agreement for it to be enforcebale?

Personally, I'd go along with izzitme101.

I'm of the opinion that even if one penny of the 'new' account is the loan, and the rest overdraft, then yes, a CCA should be applicable.

Just a quick question if you don't mind regarding overdrafts.

I went into hsbc in 2000 with a large cheque and asked for a current account, the lady went into speak to the manager who apparently said "give him what he wants" and i got an account no questions asked with a debit card. I did not sign anything relating to this account, it has a £2000 overdraft which does not show up of cra searches. Does this account need a signature of mine on an agreement for it to be enforcebale?

Thats an issue always happens with HSBC and many other banks too

My 2p worth

A new loan agreement is created...it may be to pay this or that...but the point is, is the new loan enforceable?..did you sign up for it? was it correctly executed?

Consolidation is just a word...a reason the banks give for the purpose of the loan, for their internal auditing procedures, nothing more.

If the original loan had an unenforceable agreement, and you agreed to substitute it for a new one which was correctly executed...then its tough luck, they have recovered their untenable position.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Bank could try there hand at a managed loan, which would make me think is there any of your debts unenforceable with the bank and it realise something is wrong

There is different variations to this, depends on what the OP meant

Bank could try there hand at a managed loan, which would make me think is there any of your debts unenforceable with the bank and it realise something is wrong

There is different variations to this, depends on what the OP meant

Yes, and this is what many of them do, get the unenlightened to sign up to a fresh loan, of course fully compliant with the CCA, this way they have converted a very risky asset (risky due to their own incompetence/greed) into a cast iron one.

Even more so in the current climate

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Yes, and this is what many of them do, get the unenlightened to sign up to a fresh loan, of course fully compliant with the CCA, this way they have converted a very risky asset (risky due to their own incompetence/greed) into a cast iron one.

Quite agree there, HSBC tried their best to shove a managed loan down my throat, had 2 debts with them, loan and credit card

when i did a cca request last year for the credit card, bank came back with a applicatiobn form

makes you think

Quite agree there, HSBC tried their best to shove a managed loan down my throat, had 2 debts with them, loan and credit card

when i did a cca request last year for the credit card, bank came back with a applicatiobn form

makes you think

The unfortunate thing is Ive seen quite a few on here who have fallen for it:(..so its good that we are discussing the issue, to make as many as possible aware:!:

Just checking my paperwork & I seem to have had 2 loans & an overdraft, with lots of charges, all added together to create a new total amount using one of the loans account numbers.:confused:

Is this legit?

Make a thread on your issue, we can help you

if the bank has done that, sounds to me thats a new loan which they don't have any paperwork to back it up

I have to say that I really know very little about this - but does section 82 (2) of the CCA affect this

- if so how

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Most bank accounts are not covered by the CCA.

Even if they were - don't forget that absolute unenforceable agreements only applies to new agreements - post 2006

I have to say that I really know very little about this - but does section 82 (2) of the CCA affect this

- if so how

Hmmmm. i see what you mean, i think the bank would argue they haven't modified anything, but merely created a new agreement, the money from which was used simply to pay off various other debts.

I may be wrong, im open to others interpretation.

I have it if the bank puts a overdraft, credit card and loan into one account, they have essentially created a new agreement

if you don't sign the paperwork, makes the agreement unenforceable

we have created some thread here :p

I have it if the bank puts a overdraft, credit card and loan into one account, they have essentially created a new agreement

if you don't sign the paperwork, makes the agreement unenforceable

we have created some thread here :p

If you haven't signed it mate, its not worth diddly squat!