Unmarked Bay offence Ashton Moss

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week I received a ticket for parking out of the marked bay. Today I then received a charge of £40 like others I have searched on this informing website.

The penalty notice clearly shows my car WAS out of the marked bay because I was in a hurry. However, I feel I have been unlawfully treated as the whole principle behind this agreement is so other cars can park properly however my car was located nowhere near any other cars at all. There were no cars within any other parking sections for a wide distance- and certaintly nowhere near my car.

What should my next steps be towards solving this, and if whether it is likely to be successful?

Daniel

It just says UKPC parking control. Blue ticket...

Ah yes, the worst of the worst ppc's. For your confirmation this is a private parking company and not a Local Authority or Police parking fine. The great news is that the 'fine' you have is in fact no more than an unenforceable invoice which you do not have to pay. They have no right to your hard earned money. Simply ignore them and the 5 - 6 threat letters they send you and carry on your business.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Ok, just for personal preference, where did you find that info? I am not questioning it at all. Just so I can live without worry.

Is this one of the more 'petty' organisations then? By that I mean if it was a public company it would be slightly worse.

Should I appeal?

Ok, just for personal preference, where did you find that info? I am not questioning it at all. Just so I can live without worry.

Is this one of the more 'petty' organisations then? By that I mean if it was a public company it would be slightly worse.

Should I appeal?

Do a search on UKPC and PPC (private parking companies). There is plenty already written on here about these [problem] artists and how to deal with them

No, you should not appeal - there is no appeal.

You should just ignore it and any subsequent letters from them and their underlings

Do a search on UKPC and PPC (private parking companies). There is plenty already written on here about these [problem] artists and how to deal with them

No, you should not appeal - there is no appeal.

You should just ignore it and any subsequent letters from them and their underlings

I understand this. But if I ignore them, it's not like im doing myself any favours should they actually choose to take things further?

Suggest you start by having a read of this thread, which contains far more evidence than you will actually need, that UKPC do absolutely nothing except send out reams of paper with tonnes of lies, half-truths and threats in the hope of scaring the unwary into paying out of ignorance of their rights and the law.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/63235-ukpc-parking-fine.html

Once you've got past the first 10 pages or so, you will realise that you have nothing to worry about.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

My understanding of that post shown mentions the driver is liable, however I was the drive and I am the registered keeper...

Read it through - nobody is liable. It is just an unenforceable invoice.

If you don't believe us here then just go and pay it (and add yourself to the list of gullible victims).

Obivously not. Its the principle which annoys me the most not the amount of money. There taking the ****. I understand what you mean about the liability now. There method is flawed. Registered keeper does not neccessarily mean the person driving, am I right in saying?

Edited by Daniel Vladimir

Yes, they can only get the RK details from the DVLA (for a price) and have no way of knowing if the RK was in fact the driver at the time. By their own code of practice they should only write to the RK and ask them if they will name the driver please. (They tend to forget about their own code and come straight in with "you as the RK are liable...." haha like right!)

As the RK you are under no obligation to tell them anything and of course it is strongly recommended here that you tell them bug all at any time.

Thank you. I will be sending them a letter similar to the template from this site, il keep you posted!

No! Tell them nothing.

Don't write to them

Don't telephone them

Don't reply to any of their letters

Don't pay them

You do what you want mate. All you are doing is giving them a reason to keep writing to you. The more letters you write to them, the more they will send you, because they will think that you are weakening. Hundreds of posters on here have 'tested the water' already, so if you read the posts properly, you will realise there is no need to do anything at all. Listen to crem and patdavies, among others, they know what they are talking about. jed

Edited by jed52
addition

Parts of the site say I should write to them as regards thier flawed policy, and your saying the opposite?

The template letters wer put together sometime ago, and although reasonably valid, the consensus over time has become that no matter what you send them, they dont read it. Any contact with them is now generally agreed to be a bad thing.

If you give this thread a little time, rather than just following my advice, I am sure a few more people will post here and you can then take a number of opinions as to whether you should write to them or ignore.

That's all they need to confirm that you have actually received the original corrspondence, and that you live at the address that they have.

One letter is all they need to ensure that you prolong the hassle far longer than necessary.

As Jed52 said, it's your call, but just be prepared for the consequence of your actions if you ignore advice.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D